Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791
Yes and no. But, my Fitbit one is finally work again. And I am back to it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started using my Charge 2 on 1/1/18.  I love it!  To date, I have lost 67 pounds since I started using it.

Best Answer

#totally confused

If you have a goal of 5 miles a day, and you reach it, Fitbit will send off rockets and vibrate and show you 5.  Could that be what is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@totallyconfused wrote:

Have a question about charge 2.  At least every other day if not once a day it will buzz and flash a 500 with fireworks.  I can't find out why it does that.  I'm not 500 over anything in my daily goals.  Any ideas?

@totallyconfused: the blinking occurs when you reach the main goal you have set. By default, the main goal is related to steps, but you can change this:

2018-08-14_1338.png

It’s hard to see which of the other possible goals could have a value of 500. Just check in your settings: 1) what metrics you have defined as your main goal, and 2) what value you have set as the goal for that metrics.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank You so very much.  I thought something might be wrong with my charge 2.  Or I was supposed to mark something.  Happy to know it's a good thing.Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope so.  I'm beginning to feel good now that it happens almost every day that I go over my daily steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe a pound or so. My weight seems to go up and down. But I got my Blaze about 3 weeks ago, so maybe it's still a bit early to tell. 

It's the weirdest thing. I'm doing a lot to try to improve things, but so far it seems as if I'm just kind of... "maintaining." In March (pre Fitbit), I went slowly from 4000 to 7,000. I've been maintaining between 7 and 8K till I got my Fitbit. I then went from 7,000 to 12,000 steps each day (brought up in a few weeks), a little over 3,000 calories burned a day... (5-6 miles done each day) usually having a 1500 calories a day intake... burgers and fries usually only on weekend. I go up and down, when I would have assumed it would have gone down (at least) a pound each week.

Still... at least the Fitbit is helping with the reminders to get up and walk each hour (usually I do that anyway, more than I did before), and I'm becoming more aware of what I eat, so maybe I'll find that "thing" that just starts to work. It takes time, but it is a little disappointing to see no change...

The good thing is I can SEE possibilities on where I can improve. I'll be trying a few different things this week... adding more steps to the walk, working on sleep, maybe eat less processed stuff. Eat earlier, eat better... all that. 

I'm not finding what works for ME yet, but maybe once that happens, I'll be doing well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tannemann wrote:

I'm not finding what works for ME yet, but maybe once that happens, I'll be doing well. 

@Tannemann: I’ve been in this game for 5+ years, and I’m still learning new things. You don’t need to figure it out all at once, and it’s almost impossible to change everything (nutrition, exercising, lifestyle etc.) at the same time. It’s going to be about trial & error and making incremental changes, but changes that stick. Consistency always beat perfection, so the main thing is not to give up.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
It is a first start. Having that fitbit will make you more conscious of
the choices in food, and exercises. It is just the beginning! Good luck!

--
*JABU*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my FitBitFlex 2 for less than 1 week. However, I am looking to continue walking everyday. I love how my FitBit reminds me to move every hour. I have yet to try this in the pool. I also hope to try this FitBit when playing tennis, and see how well it works. My goal is from 170 lbs. to 125 lbs. I am 5 foot 5 in.

Best Answer

I know what you mean bout the reminders.  I love them.  It keeps me from being on the computer or reading for hours on end and not moving.

Best Answer

My son and daughter in law reminded me that as I build muscle my weight will either go up or stay the same since muscle weighs more than fat.  And then the pounds will drop off.  And they were right.  I forgot that.  Good luck on your journey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@totallyconfused: building muscle is a very slow process, even under optimal conditions (young male subject training with weights and eating a surplus of calories). If you’re a female, older and in a caloric deficit to lose weight, you won’t build much (if any) muscle. If your weight stayed the same during 2-3 weeks, it’s most likely not because the muscle you (allegedly) gained is heavier than the fat you lost.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Thank You so much for ruining my day. And here after 8 months of walking and exercising and loosing 

10 pounds I have no more hope.  Hope you have a better day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Losing 10 pounds and living an active lifestyle is a great achievement. I didn’t intend to discourage you in any way. Just wanted to point out how hard it is to gain muscle, and that muscle gain seldom explain short term fluctuations in weight.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Keep an eye on your bodyfat percentage rather than what the scales tell you. You're not going to build much muscle on a calorie deficit, if any. You might be helping to maintain muscle while losing fat which is a good thing and what you don't want is to lose muscle mass and not fat - you'll end up skinny & fat. What's woring for me is getting down to a bodyfat percentage I am comfortable with via a calorie deficit and then using weights with a calorie increase so as to build to mass whilst keeping an eye on any increasing bodyfat. It's juggling at the moment with me though

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am down 16.6 lbs over 4 months.,  I got my FitBit in June.  I started increasing my exercise (walking 15-23 mi a week) and going to the gym and using weight machines, in June, and once I got my FitBit, I started tracking all my food, programmed in a calorie deficit of -500 cals a day, and have eliminated sugar, bread, processed foods.  I am losing about 1 to 1.8 lbs a week.  I create a calorie deficit primarily through my food choices, although once I started hitting my step goal (10,000 steps a day) I also started consciously and mindfully integrating exercise as a daily activity and I track the calories burned per Fitbit, but I am not sure how accurate FB is on that.  I started out a 195 (I was up to 198 in May) and I'm around 180 lbs now.  I recently have had a plateau in both weight loss and fat % reduction, but given that I have been doing this for such a short time, I'm keeping what's working and not making any radical changes,  Patience is a virtue.  I am a 67 year old woman.

Best Answer

Congratulations.  I'm still struggling with getting 10,000 steps every day.  Back problems, wouldn't you know.  But I do try to eat healthy.  We're leaving Oct. 5th on a cruise so every day I have started to count down the days and I found when I do that I stay away from all the junk food my hubby brings into the house.  I'm down only 12 #'s since April but I'm back into a misses size 16 from a woman's size 20. Even though the scale says I should be in a woman's size 18.  I no longer have the old lady knees either.  Nice and firm muscles.  Good luck on your journey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well good luck to you! I haven't lost any dress sizes yet, so kudos to you
for that, you must be doing something right!

--

*"Every bad feeling is potential energy toward a more right way of being if
you give it space to move toward its rightness"*

*Eugene Gendlin*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm try to tone and build little.  I have a pro trainer helping me since my son is a pro golfer I do get a lot of tips and help.  Building muscle in older people is good or we all would end up in wheelchairs.  And since muscle is heaver than fat it drives me nuts but I do like when they do that water measure and my fat % is down and muscle is up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes