Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthy Calorie Deficit

My goal that Fitbit setup for weight loss is 1500.  With my daily exercise it shows I have on avg 2,800 cals out.  I have lost about 5 lbs but have allot of headaches and don't seem to be losing anymore.  Should I be eating closer to the 2,800 amount?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Steveavs127wrote:

My goal that Fitbit setup for weight loss is 1500.  With my daily exercise it shows I have on avg 2,800 cals out.  I have lost about 5 lbs but have allot of headaches and don't seem to be losing anymore.  Should I be eating closer to the 2,800 amount?

I suggest you start over and add one variable at a time. Did you give up caffeine? Are you perhaps dehydrated? Did you change your diet? Did you start an exercise routine?, etc., etc.

If you decide to go back to your previous baseline, I suggest starting with a 500 calorie deficit for a month. Depending on the accuracy of your Fitbit, you may or may not lose weight. If not, go to a 750 deficit. 

Diet is a controversial subject, so I'll keep it simple. Start by eliminating junk foods and improve from there.

Best Answer

There are a lot of variables that can affect weight loss. If you are accurately logging your food, 1500 calories should be enough. You may need to eat a little more. 2,800 is your TDEE. A 500 calorie deficit which is typical would be 2,300 calories. I would suggest bringing your calories up to about 2,000. Depending what your BMR is, you may not be eating enough to even support your BMR. It’s possible this is where the headaches are coming from. I suggest eating a high protein, low carb diet to help with weight loss as well as control energy levels. When I say low carb I mean whatever you are eating now in grams of carbs, gradually decrease the amount. Don’t go from eating fast food junk and then suddenly to a keto diet. Sure, you will lose a lot of weight but you will plateau.  Give your body time to adjust. Lack of protein can cause headaches if the headaches are diet related. Macros are more important than calories (to a point). Concentrate more on your macros but at the same time try to stay within your daily calorie limit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes