Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate down, scale doesnt budge.

So my heart rate I always seem to get it down to in the 50s (before ovulation hits anyways) but the scale just never seems to budge too much...

My question is do fitness and heart rate go hand in and and maybe I am just not resting enough ? Been trying to more and eat more proper...but I think I been having blood pressure (maybe blood sugar,dehydration not sure yet) problems which doesnt help matters. 

If I rest more will I finally lose some weight maybe ?? Or do they have nothing to do with each other ? Trying to take more of a rest day every 2 or 3 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Heart rate and body weight don’t have much to do with each other. Resting HR is largely determined by genetics and doesn’t necessarily reflect fitness. Very sedentary people can see a significant drop in RHR if/when they start exercising, but otherwise it is what it is (may fluctuate a bit depending on stress etc.). If you are interested in fitness, why not have a look at Fitbit’s cardio fitness score? It would be more relevant than RHR IMO.

Body weight is primarily determined by energy balance: how much you eat (calories in) and you much you expand (calories out). Your profile shows an average step count of almost 30k, even higher than last time we had a look at it. I’ll be blunt: if you can’t lose weight with that kind of (incredibly high) activity level, you have an eating problem.

However, the question is: do you really need to lose weight? Based on your profile photo, you don’t look like someone who carries much extra weight.

As to blood pressure: there is no way you can know where it stands unless you actually measure it. Hypertension isn’t called the silent killer for nothing. If untreated, it will literally kill you without you noticing. So if you think it may be an issue, have it measured. Being a bit hypocondriac like yourself, I’ve been measuring mine every morning for the past three years. There are "smart" blood pressure monitors that will automatically upload readings to an account on the cloud, very handy.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes