Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with my weight loss!

Hello there! Just wondering if you can help me to understand this... move around to loose 2300

cal a day, eating always in the yellow zone, drinking water and totally jammed after loosing 10 lbs. Not loosing nothing at all since 10 days....thanks to share what you are thinking about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Salsa21 wrote:

Hello there! Just wondering if you can help me to understand this... move around to loose 2300

cal a day, eating always in the yellow zone, drinking water and totally jammed after loosing 10 lbs. Not loosing nothing at all since 10 days....thanks to share what you are thinking about it.

Hello, first of all we will need some basic info to see if we can help you.

1. What is your gender?
  2. What is your current weight?
  3. What is your goal weight?
  4. What kind of calorie deficit are you trying to maintain?
  5. How many calories do you eat on a typical day?
  6. What is your age?
  7. How many calories do you typically burn in a day?
  8. What types of exercises are you doing?  How long are you doing them?
  9. Do you have a Aria or similar scale?  If so what is your fat %?
  10. How long have you been trying to lose?

Lastly, are you taking weekly measurements of your body?  Waist, Stomach, arms, legs, etc.?  If not you should, we often, especially at first lost fat and gain muscle at about the same rate.  Making it hard to see any weight loss.

Answer these questions, and I'll try to help you.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there,  I totally forgot to measure my body..I should have doing this! 47 years old, female, I wish to loose about 8 lbs more.  Burning 2300 a day eating 1000-1200  a day.  500 calory deficit by day.  Without car always run by feet, bicycle and jog 4 days a week for 5 km ( pace 6'25'') eating proteine ( fish, chicken almond a lot) no more bread, rice and pasta. on the first month I lost 10 pound and then, nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Salsa21 wrote:

Burning 2300 a day eating 1000-1200  a day.  500 calory deficit by day.

Hmm, the numbers do not seem to add up: if your energy expenditure is 2300 calories and you eat 1000-1200, your deficit would be 1100-1300, not 500.

2300 calories sound quite high for a 47-year-old female with 30 minutes of jogging as the main higher-intensity activity, but difficult to say without knowing how tall you are and what your current weight is. Likewise, 1000-1200 sounds very low (most likely below your BMR, unless you’re a really petite woman).

Do keep in mind estimating calories burned with an activity tracker is not an exact science (see this article😞 just because your Fitbit says it’s 2300 calories doesn’t mean it’s actually 2300. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree but I am moving a lot in one day!  I lost 10 pounds the first 4 weeks a bought my Fitbit this why I do not know what happened. I am not eating a lot because summer see me working a lot... I am 5,3 and 174 the day I bought my fitbit now I am at 164 and nothing moves..

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, according to this online calculator (which uses the same formula as Fitbit, Mifflin St Jeor), your calculated BMR would be 1348, so if you are eating 1000-1200, it’s definitely below your BMR, which is not a good idea, especially for someone who has increased her activity level. Also note that estimating your intake isn’t an exact science either (more here).

In order to burn 2300, you would need the second highest activity level (again, using the same calculator). It’s quite possible your Fitbit is overestimating your real expenditure.

With a BMI of 29, you should use a less aggressive deficit (e.g. 500 calories). Weight loss will take longer, but will be easier to maintain.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok this is what I did choose, 500 cal deficit i would try to eat much, but you know summer is a really hard season for me, many work. thanks for all your remarks.  But according to my fitbit it is look like it is ok it shos me a burn 300 cal when I run and it is quite ok I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Salsa21 wrote:

Hello there,  I totally forgot to measure my body..I should have doing this! 47 years old, female, I wish to loose about 8 lbs more.  Burning 2300 a day eating 1000-1200  a day.  500 calory deficit by day.  Without car always run by feet, bicycle and jog 4 days a week for 5 km ( pace 6'25'') eating proteine ( fish, chicken almond a lot) no more bread, rice and pasta. on the first month I lost 10 pound and then, nothing!

I agree but I am moving a lot in one day!  I lost 10 pounds the first 4 weeks a bought my Fitbit this why I do not know what happened. I am not eating a lot because summer see me working a lot... I am 5,3 and 174 the day I bought my fitbit now I am at 164 and nothing moves..

Ok, let's look at some basic numbers.

info.JPG

Your current BMI is 29.4, and your BMR is 1348.  Your body needs 1348 calories just to pump blood, keep you warm, breathe...  So right away, I believe you are eating too little.

I choose a moderate exercise setting on this website.  http://fitcal.me  This shows that for a extreme diet of 25% fewer calories than you burn, you should be eating at least 1567 calories. 

Your current BMI is toward the top of the overweight range.  A little higher than mine. I'm about 28.2.  When you get to 140 lbs, your BMI will be under 25, at the top of the normal weight range.  So for now 24 lbs is my suggest first goal.

Plus the minimum number of calories a woman, is 1200-1300 calories a day.  So my first suggestion is keep your current activity level.  But you need to eat more.  Slowly increase your diet up to 1500 calories.

You are probably saying, how can I lose more if I eat less.  Well when our bodies eat too few calories, then go into conservation mode.  First thing the do is drop our body tempature.  Release hormones to make us hungry.  And worse, our bodies start burning MUSCLE and keep every once of fat we eat.  By reducing our muscle, it reduces the calories our bodies burn eat day.  In this case you end up with little muscle, and a whole lot of fat.

So you need to eat more.  I know it sounds so wrong.  Look at my wife.

She was 56 years old, 200 lbs.  5'8".  As it turns out she is very very active everyday.  15,000-20,000 steps without doing any exercise.  BUT she was gaining weight, and she didn't know why.  She was eating one meal a day, around 800 calories a day.  As it turns out she had a VERY high fat %.  And was in fact getting fatter.  Her fat % was probably around 50%. 

So without making any changes, except to her diet, she has lost over 40 lbs.  Her fat % is now 35%.  Her BMI is now 24.6.  All she did was eat 1500-1800 calories a day.  That's it. 

We all think we have to eat less, but the truth is we sometimes have to eat more.  My wife is now in the normal weight range, but her fat% is still too high.  She's has a normal weight, but she is overfat.  She will have to continue working on losing the fat.

Take a look at me.  At one time I was 45% fat, at 281 lbs.  Today I am 205 lbs, fat % 24.5 %.  But I have to eat more and more to maintain the weight loss.  I was eating 1800 calories, but I noticed my fat % was rising.  It was stuck at 25%, and climbing to 26%.  Worse my lean mass was dropping.  So two months ago, I increased me diet to 2000.  Fat % started to fall, lean mass stayed the same or climbed.  GOOD.  Then a month ago, fat% started to climb, lean mass falling again.  So I increased my diet another 100-150 calories.  Now my fat is falling again.  Lean mass is going up. 

The more lean mass, the more muscle, the more calories I burn.  The faster my metabolism is.

So increase your diet to at least 1500-1700 calories. 

Second your deficit is too high.  You saw you are trying to have a 500 calorie deficit.  That would be around 1700 calories.  Not the 1000-1200 you are eating.

Second high deficits close to your goal weight, cause muscle loss and fat gain.  You have 24 calories to burn, and rough ideal deficits are this:  10 lbs or less, 250 calorie deficit.  10-20 lbs, 500 caloried deficit.  20-40 lbs, 750 calorie deficit, and 40 or more is a 1000 calorie deficit.

Since you need to lose 24 lbs to get into the normal weight range, I'd stick to around a 500 calorie deficit until you lose 14 lbs, and then switch to 250 lbs. deficit.

Bottom line, eat more, exercise, and you should see the results you want. 

But it will take time too.  It took me 10 months to lose 75 lbs.  I have lost very little in the last couple of weeks, mainly due to muscle gain.  Muscle gain is good, so I'm not worrying about that.

Good luck to you!  Stay active.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes