Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's what 1000 calories per day can look like.

Have you thought that 1000 calories per day would be miserable? Think again. Here's a link to an article describing it. And just to be clear, I am not suggesting that everybody consume 1000 calories per day. Some of the patients referred to me are prescribed that, but it by no means is for everyone. This is just to illustrate that it may not be what you've thought. https://journal.thriveglobal.com/this-is-what-1-000-calories-looks-like-e8bc84a639fc cThis is what 1000 calories per day can be.This is what 1000 calories per day can be.

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
168 REPLIES 168

wow that was really right Smiley Mad

Best Answer

@dorothymiller wrote:

you gto nice post and really good to read that from your post nice one Smiley LOL

Thank you Dorothy!

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dorothymiller wrote:

you got a good post just like reading them lol 

Thanks again, Dorothy!  Check out my other articles at Thrive Global and Medium. I think you'll like those too. https://medium.com/@williambillanderson

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do 1000 calories and never feel hungry,  in fact when I eat more I feel worse , stuffed. The 1st week was tough but after that i would get a stomach ache if i eat more 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AMBERMARIE6555 wrote:

I do 1000 calories and never feel hungry,  in fact when I eat more I feel worse , stuffed. The 1st week was tough but after that i would get a stomach ache if i eat more 

That's great! Yes, it's very doable. Make sure you bump the calories up when you get to a healthy weight. At those levels, you'll keep losing until there's nothing left if you don't bump it up at your healthy weight. We don't want that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there WilliamAnderson, I just wanted to say that I created an account just to thank you for speaking the truth. I recently after trying for years to lose weight and wasn't able I decided to do as you said and go on a 1000 calorie a day diet, in my case I managed about 1500 a day with cycling to work 12 miles a day in total 5 days a week. I noticed I started to drop a lot of FAT and not muscles as the liars here and over the internet always tell you to scare you, always claiming you will lose muscle not fat.....

In Evolution this does not add up, why on earth would the body use muscles to survive off and not fat? when fat's primary purpose is stored energy. Maybe if you literally starved to death from being lost in a jungle on a remote Island, yeah probably...... And even then some years ago 2 fishermen got lost on an Island somewhere and they lost 100 pounds each from starving and they came out just fine even tho they gained back most of it, but they admitted to eating like a pig when they reached back to civilization anyways.

Anyways if we look at evolution, man is the most successful hunter and second most successful product of evolution after I believe Crocodiles due to their 200 million year age. Biologically, crocodiles are superior survivors than humans and they accomplish this by storing lots of fat in their tails which they use to survive off for over a year without eating. Obviously humans are not this efficient since we been around only 200 thousand years, but to suggest that we somehow have a fat that is useless is absurd. We know factually that fat is stored energy and the only way to get rid of it is to burn more than we consume and the most efficient way of doing this is cutting calories while increasing physical activity, the science is clear on this. People who say you will have major health problems by consuming much less calories a day are clueless. I know people who literally only eat 1300 calories a day for all their life and they are outliving all the younger people.

Our problem in society is we have people poorly educated in science especially evolution, parroting nonsense about "starving is unhealthy" umm yeah it is, you know what else is? and worse? too much FAT!!!!

I consume only 1500 calories a day and I am losing weight rapidly and I NEVER felt this great in my life.I also do a lot of pushups and cycling etc, people should learn you CAN starve, we have evolved with starving being common which is why we can store fat.

Best Answer

@John5220 wrote:

I noticed I started to drop a lot of FAT and not muscles as the liars here and over the internet always tell you to scare you, always claiming you will lose muscle not fat.....

Can you be a little more specific: how much was "a lot of"? From what starting weight and in what time frame? How do you know the loss was 100% fat and 0% muscle?

Not sure who are "the liars here and over the internet", but I think it’s fair to state that: 1) if/when in a caloric deficit to lose weight, some of the loss will come from fat mass and some from lean mass, 2) the larger the deficit, the more – in relative terms – will come from lean rather than fat mass, 3) same the longer you stay in a deficit. Body fatness at the start of your weight loss also plays a role: if carrying a lot of extra fat, you don’t need to worry overly about losing lean mass; however, if relatively lean to begin with, you should be more concerned. So like often, the answer is not black and white, but is "it depends".  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@WilliamAnderson wrote:

... my program to help people lose weight permanently. Here's the link to the audiobook edition: [link to audible.com] 

It's also available in paperback and Kindle:

[link to amazon.com]

Please check the Community GuidelinesPlease refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, spam, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
I have been doing the same low calorie diet, I wouldn't even call it a
diet as it's a lifestyle and it would seem hard for me to get over my
calories in healthy foods, I lost 80 lbs initially but have maintained now
the last 3 years but I'm very strong and have great muscle and do exercise
classes ect , I highly doubt I'm lacking muscle.
Best Answer

@AMBERMARIE6555 wrote:
I have been doing the same low calorie diet, I wouldn't even call it a
diet as it's a lifestyle and it would seem hard for me to get over my
calories in healthy foods, I lost 80 lbs initially but have maintained now
the last 3 years but I'm very strong and have great muscle and do exercise
classes ect , I highly doubt I'm lacking muscle.

Wonderful! Congratulations on your great accomplishment. You are among the small percent of us who have found the truth, accepted it instead of looking for magical alternatives, worked hard to change, and succeeded. You will be a great inspiration to others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had zero calories for 30 days straight (distilled water only) and lost 64 pounds. Best thing i've ever done. Most of my time was relaxing with no exercising.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I had zero calories for 30 days straight (distilled water only) and lost 64 pounds. Best thing i've ever done. Most of my time was relaxing with no exercising.

Please, anyone considering this, see your doctor and talk about it. It can be very dangerous.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My doctor warned me against it, as almost all will do as they are only trained with practicing medicine. He changed his mined after seeing such a change. I do suggest to do it with supervision, like a fast retreat. Places like Tanglewood @ https://tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com does phone supervision i believe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I do suggest to do it with supervision, like a fast retreat. Places like Tanglewood @ https://tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com does phone supervision i believe.

I would suggest people read what QuackWatch has to say about Tanglewood and its founder Loren Lockman.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
Well if people don't like tanglewood, who has a doctor on staff, go somewhere else. Shhhhssss! People have something bad to say about everyone. Move on....
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I do suggest to do it with supervision, like a fast retreat. Places like Tanglewood @ https://tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com does phone supervision i believe.

I would suggest people read what QuackWatch has to say about Tanglewood and its founder Loren Lockman.

Thanks for reminding people to check the credentials of the people they listen to. It's easy to start believing dangerous nonsense if you are not careful about the reliability of your sources. And advising people to believe in "phone supervision" by a quack "doctor" who was driven out of the U.S. for practicing medicine without a license is a new level of risky behavior. 

Best Answer
Tanglewood use to have a quack doctor when it first started years ago, yet he was a doctor. It was under his supervision that a death happened. He was fired and he started his own wellness centre.

Tanglewood does not give medical advice over the phone. The supervision has only to do with the water fast and requires you to see your doctor throughout your fast. I am not even sure that they still do phone supervision. And 'supervision' is my own choice of words. It's really phone support.

As for myself, before I went on my fast, I did months of research. It was through this research i found out about all the centres that assist with water fasting, although that was not the intent of my research.

My intent was to see the benefits of fasting and have all my concerns and questions answered. And when I had no doubt, I started my fast.

When i did my fast, I did it without supervision. I knew enought to do it because of my research. So I'd expect any ADULT to do the same--to research things out. Adults do that right? The only support I got was from watching others on youtube as they did their water fast.

My water fast did wonders for me. It was the BEST thing I have ever done for my health. You are all adults here. I am not going to tell anyone they need to go on a water fast. People need to decide for themselves. Nor am i going to tell anyone to go on a water fast.

The only reason why I brought it up was to support the person who posted, "Here is what 1000 calories look like ". There were a number that responded negatively to his post. So, my response to those who were negative is, "So, I had zero calories for 30 days."

I happened to like the post.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Tanglewood does not give medical advice over the phone. The supervision has only to do with the water fast and requires you to see your doctor throughout your fast. I am not even sure that they still do phone supervision. And 'supervision' is my own choice of words. It's really phone support.

I hope you are all adults here. I am not going to tell anyone they need to go on a water fast. People need to decide for themselves. Nor am i going to tell anyone to go on a water fast.

The only reason why I brought it up was to support the person who posted, "Here is what 1000 calories look like ". There were a number that responded negatively to his post. So, my response to those who were negative is, "So, I had zero calories for 30 days."

I happened to like the post.

I'm glad you liked my article! Thanks. You will probably like a lot of my articles at Medium's Thrive Global, Arianna Huffington's new wellness-oriented project. She sold The Huffington Post and took a turn on a new mission. Click here to see the listing of my articles, all free. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@John5220 wrote:

Hi there WilliamAnderson, I just wanted to say that I created an account just to thank you for speaking the truth. I recently after trying for years to lose weight and wasn't able I decided to do as you said and go on a 1000 calorie a day diet, in my case I managed about 1500 a day with cycling to work 12 miles a day in total 5 days a week. I noticed I started to drop a lot of FAT and not muscles as the liars here and over the internet always tell you to scare you, always claiming you will lose muscle not fat.....

In Evolution this does not add up, why on earth would the body use muscles to survive off and not fat? when fat's primary purpose is stored energy. Maybe if you literally starved to death from being lost in a jungle on a remote Island, yeah probably...... And even then some years ago 2 fishermen got lost on an Island somewhere and they lost 100 pounds each from starving and they came out just fine even tho they gained back most of it, but they admitted to eating like a pig when they reached back to civilization anyways.

Anyways if we look at evolution, man is the most successful hunter and second most successful product of evolution after I believe Crocodiles due to their 200 million year age. Biologically, crocodiles are superior survivors than humans and they accomplish this by storing lots of fat in their tails which they use to survive off for over a year without eating. Obviously humans are not this efficient since we been around only 200 thousand years, but to suggest that we somehow have a fat that is useless is absurd. We know factually that fat is stored energy and the only way to get rid of it is to burn more than we consume and the most efficient way of doing this is cutting calories while increasing physical activity, the science is clear on this. People who say you will have major health problems by consuming much less calories a day are clueless. I know people who literally only eat 1300 calories a day for all their life and they are outliving all the younger people.

Our problem in society is we have people poorly educated in science especially evolution, parroting nonsense about "starving is unhealthy" umm yeah it is, you know what else is? and worse? too much FAT!!!!

I consume only 1500 calories a day and I am losing weight rapidly and I NEVER felt this great in my life.I also do a lot of pushups and cycling etc, people should learn you CAN starve, we have evolved with starving being common which is why we can store fat.

Congratulations, John, and thanks very much for your kind words. Learning the truth is important. You've done a great job, but I urge you to go to legitimate sources for your information. The scientific method will lead you to university vetted textbooks and teachers. If we aren't careful, it's easy to get hooked into unhealthy and unscientific "false prophets". Great work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

LOL!  Sure you did.  🙄

Best Answer