Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I be over target when I still have calories left?

I'm new to fitbit, I only just got my charge 2 on Monday, so I'm still learning. 

I've been logging my food in and i've been under target for the week until today. I have a few questions...

1.What does under target mean?

2. Why am I over target? I still have 300 calories left?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This article explains a lot about Fitbit's calorie numbers.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

When a calorie plan was setup, a timeline for losing weight was also setup.

In the plan to lose weight it was determined that an X calorie deficit is needed. Being over target means that this deficit has not been meet. 

It simply means tgat more calories have been consumed in relation to how many calories have been burnt so far today. If the day iz not over your fine, go out for a walk. If the day is over then the expected calorie deficit was not met, keep doing this and the weight won't be coming off.

Best Answer

Doesn’t make since to me because the calorie plan should reflect that I’m out of calories and not that I can eat more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you. I’m so confused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The calory goal is based on your current calory deficiency at the time that you are looking at the chart.

Let us say that the goal is to eat 50 less calories.

It is 9am and you ate breakfast let's say 200 calories have been consumed, and your body has only burnt 180 calories.

The app sees 200 calories consumed and is expecting to see 250 calories burnt. Anything less that 250 calories burnt means that you currently over budget. 

Best Answer