Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many calories do you burn per day?

It's a rare day when I burn 2000 calories or more, even when active, which is typically daily. I'm 5'5" and am 118-120 lbs and run and lift heavy. If I run for six miles and get close to 20,000 steps, I might cross the 2000 calorie mark for that day. I'm in very good shape, if that makes a difference.

So, how many calories do you burn and what are your stats?
Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

So are calories burned based off pulse rate?

im on 2 beta blockers to keep my pulse low.

my goal, as set by my doc, is 65bpm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sebring Don, how do you find out how many calories you've burned through rest and how much through activity per day? Is there a report we can read through Fitbit app or website? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tabachui   I'm surprised I didn't see an answer to your question.  !! Recently I did a DUCKDUCKGO search for the BMR Basal Metabolic Rate which is calories you use at rest.   It is easy and interesting.  They tell you the calories it takes to maintain the weight you are, and what it takes to lose, and they don't tell even little short 5 ' tall people that stupid business about you can lose eating 1,200 calories a day.  Google or other search for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm always looking for a magic way to lose weight.  I just learned some new magic.  Drinking coffee with caffeine  boosts metabolism 16% higher than decaf.  And besides 2 - 3 cups of filtered coffee can help reduce risk of Diabetes but boiled coffee doesn't.  They don't know if instant is more like boiled or filtered.   And caffeine  limited weight gain in rats on a diet high in fat & sugar.  (too late I already gained)   People who ate 125 grams of protein a day lost more weight  and had less body fat than those who ate 68.  But it didn't say how tall they were.  I'm sure that is more than I need.  But last but not least.................Alcohol decreases the body's fat burning by 73% and it takes priority and is felt with before the body digests any food already eaten.  It slows down the whole process.  I think I need to quit drinking again.

Best Answer

Looking at my stats for the past year my caloric burn is roughly ~3000 as that seemed to be my magic number. 

I too will be looking to "Dry January" for some hopeful redemption for the over indulgence of the holidays!

Best Answer

According to my versa 2 I burned 2336 calories in one day and all I did was go to work. I placed it on my wrist at 2pm and look it off at 11.30pm yesterday. I work in a nursing home

167cm and 73kg 

I dont think the calories are accurate in Fitbit at all. 

I slept with the watch on charge yet when I looked at the app in the morning I had burned 600calories although I wasn’t wearing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since Fitbit knows your age, height, and weight, it will continue to count your BMR when not wearing the watch, which is basically the number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest. In other words, it's the number of calories your body naturally burns by keeping you alive. Because of this, burning 2336 calories throughout the whole day sounds perfectly reasonable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No clue yet. Day 1, whoop whoop!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like you are doing all the right things and seeing results, good job!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m 5’10” 250 pounds generally get 18,000-25,000 steps depending on the day I generally burn between 4,500-5,000 calories a day I finally changed up my diet to a cleaner eating diet hope to see some good results in the next few week/months

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rvfarley wrote:

I’m 5’10” 250 pounds generally get 18,000-25,000 steps depending on the day

Have you recently increased your activity level? Asking as your profile reports significantly less than that:

2020-03-26_1703.png

18-25k steps is quite a lot for someone weighing 250 lbs.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm 6'2 and 212 pounds. I do 45 minutes of cardio 4/5 times a week and generally burn 3000-3100 calories a day (according to Fitbit). Otherwise I am not that active. Graphics design has me sitting a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 5"1 and weigh 167 lbs. On a non active day, I burn almost 2000 calories and on active days, i can burn anywhere from 2000 to 2500.

My question is what should my caloric intake be? If i am steady breaking 2000 calories burned a day, is 1200 too little? Should i up it to 1500 a day to stay healthy and sustain weight loss over a linger period?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found myself stuck for the longest time, despite hitting the gym 4 to 5 days per week, running and power walking, hiking, etc. I was very fit, but still couldn't shed weight. I made a few adjustments to my diet which helped a lot. Specifically, I paid attention to the macros in the fitbit app and aimed for 50% protein, 20% fat, 30% carbs. All my carbs are complex and have nutritional value. This means I take them in the form of veggies, oats and fruits (non tropical, due to sugar content). Proteins should be lean and don't have to be animal protein if you're vegetarian. Fats should be nutritional too, like nuts, coconut meat, etc, but in moderation.

I'm 5'4" and have gone from 155 lbs and 35% body fat to 132 lbs and 19% body fat (per a recent decay scan). My fitbit only has me burning about 2000 calories even when I'm in zone minutes for 80 or more minutes. If I don't exercise at all (which still includes a walk), I'm lucky to hit 1700. My resting heart rate is in the low 50's usually, which probably has something to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 5’11 190 lbs and I average 18500 calories per week or 2643 per day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm female, 5'0" age 26, 115 lbs and I burn around 2,100 calories/day in an average week. (At time of writing ha ha. My activity can vary a lot.) I only exercise when I get around to it and it's either short HIIT workouts (20-45 min), gentle jogging (3-5 miles), or intense hiking (5-12 miles with 500-3000 feet elevation gain). Most days I just go to work and burn healthy calories with walking around. I'm not sure how anyone could run 6 miles/20,000 steps and barely cross the 2,000 cal mark to be honest. I cross it at about 16,000 steps or 6 miles. Everyone's body is different though and some people just burn fewer calories. How healthy you feel is the important part and I would like to be more active for my own enjoyment. 🙂 And I want more muscles!!! Always need more muscle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Male.  57, 5-9/185 and 12.5 % body fat (per Aria scale).

I wake up early for the gym with equal parts cardio/weight/circuit training.  2 hours each morning daily and a decent workout=500 cals per hour-1000 total.  I'll do another hour in the afternoon to try to knock out another 500 cals for a total of 1500 daily (goal) of exercise.  I need to do this much exercise in order to get my total daily burn over 3500 cals.  I set my fitbit goal to 3250 to balance out some days I just cannot maintain that.  The rest of my day is in front of a computer.

I'd like to get back down to the 10% bodyfat range but have seemed to have plateaued.

Best Answer