Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't lose weight!!!

I'm a 15 year old girl and a little pudgy at 55.2kg (I'm 159cm tall) and I've been trying to lose fat since June so I'd be ready for Summer this December.

I've been sticking to a 1000 calorie diet as that is 1000 calories less than what I burn on average and I'm not getting any results. I eat good food that is low in calories so I can eat more, like fruits, vegetables, nuts, and I do eat red meat on occasion and often have white meat with dinner. I work out every day for about 30 minutes (plus a one hour walk with my dogs) and I have an hour of p.e twice or three times a week. 

Since June I've lost 4.3kg. It should have taken about 16 weeks to get to where I want to be but it's been 23 weeks and I'm still 10kg away from where I expected to be. I don't know why I'm not losing any kind of weight at all, I know I'm not building muscle so I'm kind of feeling a bit stuck.

Does anyone know what's going on???

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Baylee_BooIf you are 15 years old chances are that you are still growing. So losing a little or staying at the same weight, while growing, you still become more thin. I don't recommend pushing for too large a calorie deficit without seeing a doctor at that age. Your body is going through a lot of changes and can really use the energy. Also 55kg for 159cm is right on target for a healthy weight! I calculated your BMI using your information.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

There is no short cut way to lose weight. it will take at least 6 to 8 month time (for normal person, who has a very less time for exercise and diet) to see visible result.

There are some tips I would recommend to you.

• Focus on what are you eating.
  • Avoid ice-cream, cola, soft drink, if possible go sober( oh.. you are not drinking, great)
  • Eat light food at diner
  • You can have a heavy breakfast, average lunch and very light dinner
  • Choose ideal, or follow good workout plans such as chris powell extreme weight loss workout plan.
  • Don’t lose discipline as it is a key to success
  • Perform exercise regularly and follow your diet    

I hope you will see success in your weight loss journey

I workout diet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Baylee_Boo -- you could experiment with changing your macro-nutrient ratios and see what works best for you:  Maybe try low-fat plant-based eating for a couple months.  Then switch to low-carb high-fat for a couple of months.  My guess is you'll find something that not only allows you to control your weight, but also makes you feel good physically and gives you energy.

If I had only one recommendation, it would be to try avoiding processed foods that have a high glycemic load like cakes, sugary drinks, and candies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baylee_Boo: first of all, you have been able to lose weight, since you lost more than 4 kg during the past six months. Secondly, I agree with @Esya that - being only 15 - you are still growing and therefore must provide your body with all the nutrients it needs for your growth, and in sufficient quantity. I also agree that at 55, you are at a healthy weight for your height, and I don’t see a need to go down 10 kg from that. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer