Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to get guidance on my weight loss journey

Helo everyone i am Qamar  39 year old fat man from Pakistan. 

I want to be part of this community and get guidance on my weight loss journey.

after many years of failed attempts I have made a decision that  I will now lose all excessive weight from my body.

I weigh 92 kg ( 202 lbs ) and my weightloss goal is 62 kg ( 132 lbs )

i hope i get to this goal before my 40th birthday on 8th dec 2021.

For this i will need all the guidance from fellow community members. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @Fat_Walker, I'm Bob a 67 year old fat man from Virginia, USA. Lol, Qamar, you had me chuckling this morning, thank you. Welcome to Fitbit. I have learned a lot about losing weight, eating healthier, just living a healthier lifestyle from using Fitbit's many tools. It's important for me to log my food, water, steps, etc. on my dashboard. You can choose a target weight  on your dashboard and Fitbit will suggest your caloric intake, tell you how many calories you've burn and how many more calories you can eat and keep within your goal. Look around, read other people's experiences and good luck!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forum, @Fat_Walker - Nice to see you here. 70 lbs in 7 months is quite an aggressive a goal. What worked for me was to set up smaller, realistic goals that would lead me to my ultimate goal. I started with these two objectives which have turned into healthy habits, and helped me lose almost 40 lbs. They might be a good way for you to start your journey to better health. 

• Set your step goal and work to meet it every day, even if it means walking around your house to get those steps in before you go to sleep. Make friends and join challenges! Challenges make the step goals fun for me. 
  • Evenings were the hardest for me when it came to eating. That was when I tended to snack on a lot of junk food. Rather than cut out all junk food forever, I promised myself that once I was done with dinner around 6:00, I was done eating for the day. I would enjoy a cup of tea in the evening. Believe it or not, this became easier over time. It is now a habit. I also sleep much better now.

Good luck. Stay in touch. Let us know how you are doing. 

Best Answer

miss carol i see u r admin of this group i am having a problem when making a new post 

it asks me to write a label but it doesnt takes any of the word that i type in that field kindly help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, @Fat_Walker !  Where in the process does it ask you for a label?  I noticed your recent post does not include a label. I normally post from my iPad Pro, using the Safari browser. It does not ask me for a label. EDIT - I just noticed that when starting a new thread (not when replying), you may be prompted for a label. I tried to start a new topic under Management Weight and was prompted for a label. It looks like you were able to bypass adding a label. 

How are you doing? Have you set your step goal?  Which Fitbit device do you have?  My step goal was 8,000 steps/day because I have a bad knee. I’ve learned over time that the more I move, the more I can move. I’ve moved my goal to 9,000 steps/day and often make it to 10,000 or more. Progress!  I’m currently tracking my progress with the Sense but must confess, the new Luxe is very tempting. 

p.s. I am not an admin. I’m just another Fitbit user who enjoys trying to help other users. This is what the community forums are all about. The CC in my signature stands for Community Council. We are a small group of users who have been recognized by Fitbit as experts. You can read more about it here

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes this forum is asking for a label i cant even make a post to ask what i should write in that field

i have quit tea from last 2 days and it has started hurting me a little but 

according to youtuber doctors it is only reaction of sugar detox it will stay for 3 days only

i want to be regular on this forum want to write something everyday

i hope  as u lose ur weight ur knee will be better 

Best Answer

I think biggest guidance is keeping it sustainable to adhere to what needs to be a new lifestyle.

Don't eat in a way you can't keep doing (only smaller portions as you lose weight).

Don't exercise in a way you can't enjoy continuing (though to keep making improvements intensity will have to increase at some point).

And for your body to not rebel and start fighting this attempt, and slowing down and causing health issues - keep it reasonable.

I'll agree that the overall rate to meet your goal date will not be reasonable - it will turn into an extreme diet.

Extreme diets cause the 80% failure rate to reach and maintain goal weight - reasonable diets allow success.

Also date weight loss goals cause stress since weight loss is not linear.

Suggestion to keep it reasonable. I'm assuming your height makes your goal weight reasonable in the first place.

1000 cal deficit for 2 lb weekly ONLY until you have 50 lbs left to healthy weight.

750 cal deficit for 1.5 lbs until you have 30 lbs left.

500 cal for 1 lb down to 15 or 10 lbs left.

250 cal for the final stretch.

When you make it unreasonable, body gets stressed and gains water weight, easier to lose muscle mass (you'll want that now and later!), it'll adapt and burn slower - all things that will make this harder to lose, and frankly to maintain if goal weight is reached.

Great to have goals - just keep it reasonable!

And youtube Doctors and sugar detox are a phrase that tells me don't go chasing fast weight loss scams that have no basis in science.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer