Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF, Keto, & Fitbit

Hi There,

I'm regaining my health through intermittent fasting and the keto WOE.  I'm using my fitbit to track my fitness level as well.  Are there any others that are living this lifestyle?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I've been keto three years and do both IF and EF.

Allie
Best Answer

Hi @PammiGi -- I'm eating Keto and OMAD, but have less time than @Alicat2104, less than a year.  And my longest fast to date is 36 hours, once.

Are you tracking your Calories In & Out?  There's a thought in the Keto community that calories don't matter, but I'm still of the opinion that you need a calorie deficit to lose weight whether you are eating Keto or not.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree. Calories in must be at a deficit. I don't buy into that
either.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree.  Calories in must be at a deficit.  I don't buy into that either.

Best Answer

I’m just starting out… And a little late to this party. Are you still doing keto and if so how is it going for you? I am two weeks in and I’ve lost 7 pounds and I feel fantastic, but I’m not really great at tracking it on my Fitbit. Should I be counting grams or calorie percentages… So far I’m just sort of aiming for +70% fat and having a 25% calorie deficit.   I have a feeling there’s more to it… Open to advice!  : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Cropdoctor -- Congrats on your success.  I don't know if your question is directed to me but I'll answer.

• I'm still doing Keto, love it, have been experimenting with Intermittent Fasting which is working
  • Great site for Keto advice is www.ketogenicforums.com.
  • Count macro nutrient calorie percentages - 70% to 75% fat sounds good
  • 25% calorie deficit?  That doesn't sound right.  Maybe protein + carbs = 25%?
  • Advice?  The goal is to continue to feel great -- I'd suggest educating yourself on understanding and minimizing "Keto flu" throughout your transition.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes