Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the zone

In the calories in vs calories out section on the app, is it better to be 'in the zone' or under? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

What is better depends on how you have set it up. But if you set up a weight loss plan with a calories deficit, then that is already taken into account and you can aim for hitting the zone. Being under the zone would result in an even bigger calories deficit than the one you planned for.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is set up for weight loss, but then does it mean you lose weight faster if you under it in the zone?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, bigger deficit = faster weight loss, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better. You need to consider sustainability too. If you’ve just started to use the food plan, you may want to stick to the planned deficit (= stay in the zone) for a while, and see if your weight change matches the predicted loss or not.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great thank you 😃

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't pay much attention to if I'm in the zone at any particular point in the day.  In fact, I plan and log my food for the day first thing in the morning.  As long as I hit my calorie deficit at the end of the day, I'm happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm kind of the same as @glitterNfunk whether I'm logging or not.  I don't bother checking during the day, just do kind of a quick recap at the end of the day and adjust based on where I am.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes