Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Izzy's Slim Down Challenge

Hello Everyone
I just realized that its only 15 weeks before vacation ! Wouldn't it be great to be at goal or at least 20 pounds lighter for vacation and the summer. Well, we can do it. Lets all get excited and start planning to reach our goals and imagine ourselves looking and feeling great.

I myself have personal goal to lose 48 pounds by end of June 15th. I have already lost 7 pounds sense starting a diet 2/19/17.  I am going to take 1 day at a time, small steps and be patient with myself, forgive myself for little slipups. I will commit to keeping track of my meals, water, exercise

and planning a head. I also challenge everyone else to do the same.

I challenge all of you to jump in and get excited about losing again, Nothing feels better than losing those extra pounds.  Don't forget to check in weekly let everyone know how you are doing. It does not matter when you start, Just start. Woman Happy

My start weight:
Feb.19: 219.6

Feb.27: 212.2

Goal: 172

"Never hope for It More than you Work for It."
Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@izzy216 wrote:

I myself have personal goal to lose 48 pounds by end of June 15th. I have already lost 7 pounds sense starting a diet 2/19/17.

@izzy216: not that I want to spoil the party, but there are 3.5 months (14 weeks) from now to June 15th. 48 pounds in 14 weeks is an average of 3.4 pounds per week. Your initial loss of 7 pounds in 8 days probably caused you to be over-optimistic regarding the next 14 weeks. Depending on your starting weight, a more realistic/sustainable (yet still challenging) loss rate over a period of three month would be more like 1-2 pounds per week. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your in put, I appreciate it. I am on a doctor's weight loss program and I am averaging a pound a day or every other day. I have lost 8 pounds sense 2/19. His projections are that I will be at goal weight by then. I truly hope so.

I am so far really excited with my results and there are others going through the same program and too are averaging 7 to 10 pounds a month. Several ladies have lost 37 pounds in 3 months 1 I met lost 47 pounds in 6 months. Last week I met a gentleman that had lost 26 pounds in 3 weeks. He looked as though he did not need to lose anything. So I am optimistic an and I believe I can do it. I am really going to try. Thanks again

Best Answer

OK, so I guess it’s the HCG diet, or something similar?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning Dominique

The diet is based on physical, emotional and chemical aspects of weight loss that individuals need to change in order to achieve ongoing success. It a totally different approach to weight loss and it seems to be working. Its not difficult but its a total change in the way we think about food and how we retrain our bodies, mind and lifestyle for success.

No shots, no HGC.

Best Answer

OK, I’m glad to hear your weight loss program is not based on HGC (as I don’t think it could be good for you). So this means you are creating a caloric deficit (eating less, moving more, or a combination of both), and that deficit must be really large (in order to  have you lose more than three pounds per week in average during the next three months or so). I understand the emotional, mindset, lifestyle etc. aspects, but you still need that deficit for the weight loss to materialize, so how are you creating it? For instance, have you dramatically increased your activity (I see you’ve been on Fitbit for the past two years, has your step count sky-rocketed since your started your new weight loss program?)? Are you using the Fitbit food plan to log your intake? 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not increased my activity yet, I have an knee injury. Its getting better and I can't wait to start back. I have 2 nutritional shakes one in the a.m., lunch and a well balanced dinner. Plus I drink half my body weight in water plus supplements.

Best Answer
0 Votes

March is starting off great! 
Feb.6-219.6
Feb.13-218.2
Feb.21-214.6
Feb.27-212.2
Feb.28-211.3
March 5-209.8

Best Answer

Down 11.2 pounds in eleven days!

Best Answer

@izzy216: I really cannot understand how a 59-year-old woman with a knee problem can lose 1 pound a day over 11 days via dieting alone. You said you’re doing it under medical supervision and I hope your doc is a competent one. Please make sure you’re not hurting yourself long term.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sort of curious about it. What is your mindset? do you track your food? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Anniesusie

I am more positive than I have ever been, I can actually for the first time in years believe that I can reach my goals. I do keep a journal of all food, water & exercise. This program is all about your bodies

chemistry. Changing bad habits in to good ones. It is very strict and I follow it  strictly. I believe that it is a mind set that you can do it. I drink half my body weight in water a day and that helps to cleanse and detoxify. I have lost 12.5 pounds in 13 days. My doctor is highly qualified and so far it has really helped me. I no longer have knee pain from inflammation and my joints no longer hurt.  oh, I am not 59, I will be 61 in a few weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am excited about this weight loss journey and look forward to reaching my goals. Its nice to feel in control after many years of yo, yo dieting. I have a lot of energy and enjoy viewing food as fuel and not a replacement for my emotions.

Feb.19-219.6

Feb.21-214.6
Feb.27-212.2
Feb.28-211.3
March 5-209.8

March 8-207.5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well...there you go. Good for you! That is a lot of water. Man Surprised Literally, whatever floats your boat!

Best Answer
0 Votes

HIIT Walking

Simple method of walking that can help strengthen your heart — and it doesn’t require a lot of your time.  This method is based on a powerful exercise principle known as HIIT, which stands for High Intensity Interval Training.

Here’s what you do:

Pick three times a week, and go for a 20-minute walk — or if it’s easier, use a treadmill.
Then, simply walk at your regular pace for three minutes…

But here’s the trick: after those three minutes are up, you burst into a speed walk for 30 seconds, then back to a regular pace, and repeat until you’ve reached 20 minutes.

HIIT provides a number of important benefits over your more traditional cardiovascular exercises.
It strengthens your heart by improving the elasticity of your blood vessels and increasing your body’s capacity to use more oxygen and insulin.1

Best of all, you’re essentially getting better results in less time.

Best Answer

Moving Slowly but in the right direction.Smiley Happy

Feb.19-219.6

Feb.21-214.6
Feb.27-212.2
Feb.28-211.3
March 5-209.8

March 8-207

March11-206.3

Best Answer

Wow! This definitely seems to be working for you. I know that when I'm strict with myself, I do better overall BUT I do have to exercise a lot to actually lose weight. And since we're close to the same age, I'm interesting in seeing you reach your goal. 

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks OddLynn for your support it really means a lot. I hope that the scale will keep moving in right direction and as quickly. I know that it will slow down the closer I get to my goal. I am real about my goals, I know that my weight will go up and down. I just need to stay focused and keep looking for the end results.

Thanks again

Izzy

Best Answer

Good morning everyone, its cold here and a good day to just stay in. I can't wait for spring and some beautiful sunny days. Well, the scales started moving after a few days of stalling. I hope it keeps going, it really brings your mood down when it stalls. I realize that I have done well so far for this month, but I like to see the scale move.
I hope everyone is doing well and is keeping nice and warm.

Feb.6-219.6
Feb.13-218.2
Feb.21-214.6
Feb.27-212.2
Feb.28-211.3
March 5-209.8
March 6-208.6
March 7-207.5
March 11-206.9
March 15-205.9

March 16-205

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on a doctor's weight loss program and I am averaging a pound a day or every other day. I have lost 8 pounds sense 2/19. His projections are that I will be at goal weight by then. I truly hope so.

What is the program you are on/?? have any tips. I have 20 pounds to lose before my vacation too.

Best Answer
0 Votes