Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

@BLLingg Thanks BL Lingg for starting a new challenge.  I couldn't agree with you more on how well we support each other and learn new things from each other.  Some days it it this group that gets me through and makes me push on.  Thank you everyone for that.  

I'm in for the challenge.  Maybe this time I will make that 160 mark.  If I go lower than that, that will be just fine with me.  But will start with that goal. 

Everyone one have a great week. 

("I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be" Quote by Joyce Meyer)

Best Answer

Perfect challenge for a tax accountant! I'm in! This is always the most difficult time of year so it will be nice to have a challenge to focus on (and help the countdown to the end of tax season!) 😀 I'll post on Fridays. 

Best Answer

And so it begins.  I'm goaling for 1.8 Pounds per Week.  That will enable me to get down to 150 before I fly out to Europe.  My History is against me, however.  I averaged only 1.46 Pounds per Week in the Christmas to Valentines Day Challenge.  And the more I lose, the harder it's going to get. 

However, with Spring on the way, I hope to escape my Rut and start getting out and about.  I've signed up with a Team for the Portland Shamrock Stride (5K) as well as the 29 May Race to Remember's Honor a Hero Mile.  And I want to start doing some longer distance Trail Walking.  There's a lot I want to do but, once again, my History is against me.  I've lived in the same Rut for over 20 Years.

28 July 2010 - PW - 280.8  (My highest known.)
06 June 2016 - USW (in FitBit) - 216

14 Feb - CSW 173.0
20 Feb - GW 171.4
27 Feb - GW 169.6
06 Mar - GW 167.8
13 Mar - GW 166.0
20 Mar - GW 164.2
27 Mar - GW 162.4
03 Apr - GW 160.6
10 April - GW 158.8
17 Apr - GW 157.0
18 Apr - GW 156.7

13 May - 1st UGW - (but still not a "Healthy" BMI) - 150

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

USW - 363 (3/9/16)

Valentine's Day Weight 259

Sunday1 - (02/19) 257.5 Target
  Sunday2 - (02/26) 256.0 Target
  Sunday3 - (03/05) 254.5 Target
  Sunday4 - (03/12) 253.0 Target
  Sunday5 - (03/19) 251.5 Target
  Sunday6 - (03/26) 250.0 Target
  Sunday7 - (04/02) 248.5 Target
  Sunday8 - (04/09) 247.0 Target
Easter Day Goal - 246

Time to fly, Good luck everyone!!!!!

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Here we go!

Last challenge I missed by 1 lb. Oh well, who cares! I dropped 10 and I'm good with that.

USW  380

Fitbit SW 355 (Aug 2016)

PW 321 (Dec 25 2016)

CSW 311 (Feb 14 2017)

GW 295  (April 18 2017)

My goal is 295 on this challenge. I haven't been under 300 in ...in...in...18 yrs?? At 295 I can get on my doctor's office scale. It maxes at 300 and she refuses to get a bigger one. And when I get on that scale and she rings me up at 295lb, I'm gonna stick a sign on it that says, "I beat you!" or "Kick me" or "Take that!" or some other thing. 

My plans for the day...walk. I don't know if the mall is open yet from the blizzard. My wonderful neighbour cleared my driveway so I'm set to goooo. My dogs won't make it to the top of the street with the snow packed roads hurting their feet so I might just have to take off on my own. No sidewalks are plowed and the banks are too high for cars to see over so I have to be very careful at corners. Mom just called to confirm the mall isn't opening til noon because that's when they put the buses back on the roads. We might go this afternoon. 

Ok, off to trek in the snow!   BTW we got 40cm/16in of snow!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

I'm in!  The Christmas to Valentines Challenge really helped me stay focused. 

Valentines to April 18
USW 208 (5/22/16)
CSW 169.8 (2/14/17)
GW 159.8 (4/18/17)
UGW 158 (5/22/17)

I gave myself a year to lose 50 pounds. 

Best Answer

I'm in too!!!

Starting Challenge weight: 153.6

Challenge goal weight 144

Safe box of goodies:

Happy Valentine's DayHappy Valentine's Day

(ugw: 142 and maintain)

Best Answer

USW (6/19/16) = 204 lbs
SW (2/14/17) = 192

GW (4/18/17) = 192

UGW = 155

Seeing as I've missed every goal since the beginning of fall and have gained back a good portion of the weight I lost during the summer, my goal this time is to not gain any weight. Maybe that will be manageable. If I lose weight, that will be awesome.

Best Answer

Since I had 6 months of no weight loss at all, my only goal last time (and the time before) was to lose 1 pound.  I lost 2!!  I have no idea how or why.  

so...

CW 184

GW 180 (do I dare dream that big?)

Right now I'm fighting off a bad cold/cough that is supposedly the first part of this awful flu going around here.  So...low on activity, but drinking more fluids than ever.  If the lack of exercise makes those two little pounds come back, no matter what part of the world you are in, my friends, you will all hear me screaming.

That said, I do want to focus on non-weight goals:

Get daily intense activity time up to 45 min. most days

Walk quickly at least another 6,000 most days

Do the other activities - stretch, balance, strength, etc. several days weekly

Drink more water - get up to 7 glasses daily

And continue with keeping sweets to a minimum

And with a nod to @almost_where,  UG - live with vibrance

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Well here we are starting a new challenge... I may not have made the last 2 goals, but I am going to set this one a tad lower and see if I can't really work at meeting it this time. This goal means just a little bit more to me. I know each pound down is so great, but if I can make this goal by this deadline then I will have lost just over 50 pounds in one year. @IdahoSandy When I started this journey, I did not give myself a time frame to lose any of it, but with this goal ending so close to the one year anniversary of my starting this.. I am super excited to see that 50 pound mark. I have to be honest and say I would have liked for it to be more, but I am slowing learning to accept this day by day. I was constantly comparing myself to another lady I work with that is doing LCHF and losing at a much faster pace and to be honest it was very discouraging for me. However after I come to terms that LCHF is not a good fit for my life style and what I am doing is something that I can live with the rest of my life, I am much happier with myself and my progress. Each of us have to find what works for them and it is not always what causes you to lose the most the fastest. So with all that rambling said.. I am okay with where I am today! So thankful for the weight I have lost! I just have to keep my focus and make sure to get my steps in.. (that is a struggle for me at times)

God Bless and Happy Valentines Day to all!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs -  Starting this challenge weight

02/21/17 -

02/28/17 -

03/07/17 -

03/14/17 -

03/21/17 -

03/28/17 -

04/04/17 -

04/11/17 -

04/18/17 -

Challenge Goal Weight 158.0
UGW - 125.0 lbs

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@BLLingg I have never been plagiarized before!  I'm honored!

Best Answer

@alegria16  Having gone very long periods with no loss, I found that, for me, focusing on the goal stopped working.  My body was just doing, well, who knows what it was doing!  And still is.  But, that said, I found making my goals very small and about my own behavior to be most helpful.  I focused on eating very very well - not a 'diet' but very healthy.  I also focused on increasing activity regularly, drinking more water...that kind of thing. I was very specific about it, the goals were tiny, and I even made a chart for myself. And I am not a chart person.  I even gave myself gold stars for each small goal done.  When I had a certain number of stars by the end of the week, I gave myself a reward.  Sometimes it was a book I wanted, or flowers, or I just put a few dollars toward something special or something that didn't cost me anything.  That way when day after day the scale didn't move, it at least didn't go up, and most importantly, I knew I was doing my best for my health.  I figure, some day my body will get the message.  (and yes, this is frustrating me like crazy, but I try not to go there)

So, maybe it would help you too to make specific, tiny, commitments and goals that you can control - like how much activity, or what foods - that kind of thing. I've done some work around habit change and that has been enormously helpful.   I can give you more info on this if you are interested.

Best Answer

USW- 231

CSW- 210.0

GW- 200

UGW- 135

PW- 211.8

CW- 210.0

MFP- cherylwith5@gmail.com

Best Answer

Yay, my first challenge!

So, I'm losing very quickly now, and loving it, but I want to make a reasonable weight goal. More importantly, though, I want to make a goal to exercise heavier—like, homegrown HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and Insanity DVDs and other programmed HIITs. So my weight goal every week will be 1.5 pound and my exercise goal will be two HIIT sessions a week.

45-year-old female, 5'5", mother of one 7yo and 2 insane 5yo twins <3!

USW (12/2016): 195

CSW (2/14/2017): 180.8

GW (4/18/2017): 13.5 (Ugh, that sounds like SO MUCH!)

UGW (?): 145-150ish

Weekly Exercise Goal: 2 HIIT sessions plus three others

I'm excited!

Best Answer

I'm in again. Thanks @BLLingg for starting us up.

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

CSW- 211.4 (2/14/17)

LW-

CW- 211.4

GW- 202.4 (4/18/17)

UGW- 150

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I really enjoyed the Thanksgiving to Christmas group. Thought I should pop back In to keep the weight loss going. I've averaged -1.3 lbs a week since 1/1. I'm gonna shoot for the same for this challenge. Keeping fingers crossed seeing that this challenge includes Valentine's Day, my birthday and a wedding - all events that can be hard for me to not over eat. 

USW (1/1/16) = 315 lbs
SW (2/14/17) = 240 lbs
GW (4/18/17) = 229 lbs (-11lbs)
UGW = 160 lbs

Best Answer

USW- 171.6

UGW-   135

MFP- brujitabrujita  

• CSW: 167.5 (2/14)
  • 2/22
  • 3/1
  • 3/08
  • 3/15
  • 3/17 GW- 162.5

GW-  157

10.5 pounds so about 1.2lbs/week seems lofty considering I didnt hit my -6.6lbs goal in the last 7wks. I think I will take it more serious.

My birthday falls in this challenge period- St. Patricks Day (3/17) so maybe make myself a mini goal for that day, which is about half way to 4/18. Last years challenges I had said that I didnt want to go into my 30s not living my best self, so as this will be my 29th birthday I want to stay on top of that goal. 

Good Luck to you all!

USW- 161.6 (12/25/16)

CSW- 153.6 (2/14/17)

GW- 146.0 (2/18/17)

UGW #1- 140

UGW #2- 135

I will be posting my weekly weigh-ins on Fridays

18yo / F / 5'6" / college student

This will be my second ever FitBit challenge. My first went really well and I am extremely pleased with that. Now I'm just hoping I can keep up that same energy for this one so I can continue my weight-loss journey! If all goes well, I'll just be 6 lbs away from my first ultimate weight goal by April 18th which is very exciting. What it seems my greatest hurdle will be this semester is (a) working the gym into my busy class schedule and (b) maintaining good eating habits without getting bored (the dining halls don't have a huge variety of healthy and tasty options). Good luck to all! Let's get after it!

Best Answer

I'm in again! Didn't make it to my goal for the previous challenge but did go down a few pounds.

female, 55, 5"6"

CSW 181

GW 175

Best Answer