Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

Hi all you wonderful challengers,

Got down to 144.2 so that is a slow loss of about 6 lbs. Only 8 or 9 more to go now and hopefully it will be mostly from my belly. It is amazing how careful we must be to loose the last 15 lbs. 

I'm in the healthy range now with a 22.5 BMI so at 5'7'' the fat is mostly in my belly area but now there is less of it. Whoo Hoo. 

So now on to the next challenge until May 30th Memorial Day. 

See you all later.

Barbara G

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot  I'm so glad for your weight change.  You certainly worked hard for it this time. I hope the next weight change comes a bit easier for you.  Either way, you've got this.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Congrats to Everyone for persevering over the last few weeks during this challenge! Whether you met your goal or didn't, we're still here and still working toward our goals. After giving up on so many 'diets' over the years, the fact that we are still in this says a lot. I really want to thank everyone for posting, whether it's comments about your own struggles or success, or encouragements to others. I don't post as often because I have pretty slow internet, but I read and it's a big encouragement to me just to see what everyone else is going through. So thanks again to everyone!

Best Answer

USW= 235 (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 224.3 (Valentine's Day 2016)

PW=213

CW= 212.2 (-0.8 lbs this week)  
Total lost since Valentine's Day=12.1

Total lost since Christmas 2016= 22.8

GW= 210

UGW= 125

38/F/5'0"

I didn't make my goal for this challenge, but it's close enough that I can see it out there. 🙂 I've learned and changed a lot with this challenge and the last one. I'm fitting into clothes that I haven't worn in years. I can't see my stomach when I look down, unless I lean over to see past my boobs. (Sorry- TMI, but I really do keep looking down because I can't believe I really can't see my stomach unless I lean forward a little.) There's more room between me and the steering wheel. I have more energy; my steps have increased A LOT since the beginning, and so have my active minutes. I can walk much faster and for much longer periods of time. 

Foodwise, my eating has become much healthier, although not perfect. An easy change for me was drinking only water and coffee every couple of days. I have had 1 Dr. Pepper since Christmas and about a 1/2 cup of sweet tea. Occasionally, I have a cup of milk as a snack instead of food. I live in South Carolina, and I'm a true Southerner, so the only real tea is sweet tea (iced of course.) 🙂 Not tea with sugar added in a glass; it has to be mixed in while the tea is hot. So, as a good Southern girl, I've always turned my nose up at unsweet tea, which I've never liked. Well, today at a dinner meeting, water was not available except city tap water, so I decided to try the unsweet tea instead of sweet tea or sodas. It was good! It didn't even taste unsweet! I guess my tastebuds have changed from not having sweets very often. So, there's another change that I wasn't even expecting. I'm looking forward to the next Challenge to see what changes are in store for me over the next 6 weeks. See you all in the next challenge! 

Best Answer

Wow, you've done terrific, an inspiration for all of us! Any advice for how you kept with this? What worked, anything not work on your weight loss journey.

Thanks for sharing,

Lynda

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lost 2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lost 2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes