Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentines Day to April 18th

@Bobbinyc, I hope it's ok for me to plagerize your Christmas to Valentine's Day Topic Starter but it was absolutely perfect!!!

Welcome all Challengers!  What an amazing group we have!

Let's all continue together to take off the excess pounds and keep getting healthier.

This challenge will begin on Valentine's Day and finish on (American) Tax Day - 18 April 2017.   (Really!  It's the 18th this Year, not the 15th!)

All you need to join this challenge is to post your stats regarding your weight, and check in weekly or as often as you'd like. We are a great support group and enjoy keeping up with each other and being there for our ups and downs.  Generally we have found that the more we check in and offer support, tips, info,  and ideas to others, the more we get for ourselves.

We list our weight, as well as any other goals we might have related to being healthy (such as increase water, more active minutes, etc).  Developing good health habits is primary.

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new.

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight (for this challenge)

GW- Goal Weight   (for Feb 14)

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight   (what your healthy target weight is)

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

List as much info as you like.  Some people include age, gender, height....whatever seems relevant to you.

We keep it as serious or light as we feel, but we always keep it focused on being as healthy as possible, while we support each other kindly.  We can do this together!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
926 REPLIES 926

3/29/17 SW 158.6 lbs

4/3/17 PW 158.8 lbs   

4/4/17 PW  156.8 lbs

4/10/17 PW 161 lbs    

4/12/17 CW 158.8 lbs

Some progress has been made today. My weight appears to be bouncing back after an abundance of Chinese food over the weekend. So I am feeling a little bit better. Keeping my water intake high. However my steps are suffering. I think I pushed a little too hard over the weekend doing yard work (ever try to remove a small pine tree with only a shovel and basic tools?... Not easy haha). I think I am about recovered. Almost hit eight hours of sleep last night (slept in an extra half hour) and today I am starting a workout calendar for Pilates. Feeling hopeful I will get myself in a good routine before the second job starts after today.

Best Answer

Hello ALL...Well yesterday was a good day. I drank lots of water, I didn't go over my calories, I ate before church in stead of waiting until after, I did not eat anything sweet..lol. I didn't get all my steps in. I am thinking that will be hard to do until after this revival is over. I did get a 30 minute walk in this morning before work, so maybe today's will be closer than yesterdays. I have done good so far today. Water is going great, and have ate good so far. Now I just have to come up with something healthy and quick for supper before church and I should be good for today...lol.

@_Lilac_Congrats on your victory! I know you are super excited for the next pound to come off. I* am right there with you.

I don't have anyone to pre-make meals for me, but I will keep an eye out for someone who may be interested in that. It would make life so much easier. You know we would have a tad more free time if we didn't both work so far from home. I work 30/35 minutes from home and my husband works 45/50 minutes from home. So it seems like we are working 10/11 hours days instead of 8/9. Oh well, I know we can make this work. We have came to far to look back now. Plus I have this new found reason to get it under control now and get more off before June when we travel to visit family.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Congrats @_Lilac_ - I know you'll be seeing that number soon.  Woman Very Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

USW - 154 (12/30/16)

CSW - 138 (02/14/17)

PW - 138.4 (02/19)

PW - 136.5 (02/22)

PW - 138.4 (02/28)

PW - 137.3 (03/11)

PW - 136.9 (03/16)

PW - 137.1(03/28) 

PW - 136.0 (04/05)

CW - 136.0 (04/11)

GW - 130 (04/18)

UGW - 125 (summer?)

Best Answer

3/29/17 SW 158.6 lbs

4/3/17 PW 158.8 lbs   

4/4/17 PW  156.8 lbs

4/10/17 PW 161 lbs    

4/12/17 PW 158.8 lbs

4/13/17 CW 155.8 lbs

It looks like my weight is back to where I expected it to be. Looks like the water intake and calorie counting is helping me bounce back. Family has no plans for Easter this year so it seems we will be heading to my fiancé's parents for either breakfast or dinner. (I am hoping breakfast because it is a lot easier for me to say no to typical breakfast foods). That and I bought a marinated turkey breast to cook that I thought would be fitting, my family usually would do turkey and/or ham for Easter. My fiancé has already determined Easter is his cheat day, he bought a bag of jelly beans for it. Lucky for me, I don't eat those. 🙂

Also finally got groceries last night so hopefully no Chinese this weekend!

Best Answer

Good Morning.. Well today is a tad abnormal day for me. I am taking most of the day off trying to get things ready for my Husbands surprise birthday dinner... He turns 50 tomorrow and our girls are wanting to torture him a little with the over the hill stuff..lol. So I guess they are throwing him a surprise lunch/dinner this weekend. So I will be helping today in getting some of that ready, since my doc took off today.

I know a body fluctuates daily... or can anyhow, but I am thinking now that my TMI issue is having a lot to do with my fluctuation. Today I am back down 2 1/2 pounds from Tuesday. I know that is a good thing, but I hate the whole up and down thing.. I have to figure me out a more regular reasonable solution for that issue.

I did good with my steps yesterday. I got a 30 minute walk in before work and then another 15 minute walk in before church. We had some family issues last night so I was up until after midnight so I got extra steps in..lol. over 11,000 which is great for me..lol. Not exactly how I wanted to get them though. ..lol. Anyhow I will take it. Every step is closer to weight loss. I got a 30 minute walk in this morning too after dropping my boy off at school, before I had to come to work for a few minutes. I had a fire Drill which had to be done today, so I came in and did that and answered a few emails, and now am getting ready to head out for the rest of the day!

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer

I'm stressed out!! I mentioned the other day that I'd put a deposit on a new computer to be built for me. Well, they must have been itching for work because it was completed and I went to get it yesterday. It had a problem with wrong cord connections and I went to get a new cord. Still didn't work correctly. Took it back to the shop (I don't drive so I had to bus with this big computer box and haul it 2 blocks). They said, "Oh this little attachment will make your problems go away." So I cabbed home with the big box. It worked. Today, I tried to use the computer and it started making a noise and the monitor shut down and it's not usable. BACK to the computer shop with the big box in a cab today. I'm at my wits end. I spent a bit too much on this custom build computer meant for high performance and it's failing me. I walked home (15 min) to get in more steps but I got only 1900 steps recorded on my wrist-worn fitbit. What?? lol. I am going to have to return my fitbit to my sock. Computer troubles cause me a lot of stress, probably because I don't know how to fix it myself and I have to rely on someone else to take care of it. On my way home my mind and eyes were on the search for a place to stop in and get food. And then that switch flicked and the pixie voice in my head said, "Don't you dare. That's the Monster of Fatdom talking to you, urging you to eat your stress, to backtrack all the good you've done this week." As long as I recognize this, the temptations and the triggers, I can resist. I have the power to just say NO, as long as I realize it first. I just walked faster and got home. Here, I know there's no junk. I know there is plenty of water and hot tea (comfort) and healthy stuff. I had lunch earlier. I don't need food. I'm not hungry. But it's funny how that first urge at a stressor can just send us off into a tailspin. "Well, I'm not buying it, Monster of Fatdom!"

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_ well done for resisting temptation!

I wish I had done the same, but I was so depressed yesterday after realising that in two MONTHS I have only lost two pounds Cat Mad

So how did I deal with that last night?  I had a pizza Cat Indifferent  I didn't eat it all, but I really regret it now.

Next few days (until April 18th) are boot camp for me.  Time to start shifting those extra pounds again and even do some exercise more strenuous than a brisk walk.  I need to kick start my whole mentality!

Best Answer

3/29/17 SW 158.6 lbs

4/3/17 PW 158.8 lbs   

4/4/17 PW  156.8 lbs

4/10/17 PW 161 lbs    

4/12/17 PW 158.8 lbs

4/13/17 PW 155.8 lbs

4/14/17 CW 153.8 lbs

GW for challenge 154!

Looks like I did it after all. Let's see if I can maintain it.

Best Answer

WOW @klan7044 What on earth are you doing that you are losing so much weight over night? Looking at you 04/10 weight and then your today weight over 7 pounds in 4 day.. I am in sheer amazement. Congrats all the same!  Woman Surprised

Well I missed my steps by 1000 yesterday but I won't fuss about it. We attended a layout at the funeral home last night for my husband's best friend's dad. So we pretty much sat for a little over 3 hours. Just part of life and the things you have to do. I know I could have walked afterwards, but the lazy had kicked in after all that sitting and after being up most of the night before, I was too tired.

Today is my husband's 50th birthday... WOW it sure doesn't seem like we are aging this fast...lol. However I guess we are..lol. Tonight holds another night of sitting at the funeral home. So I did a little over 5000 steps before coming to work in hopes that I can get the rest through the day and before we head there.

I have done very well this week with my eating. and descent with my walking and the scale is looking more favorable. I am not sure I can make the challenge goal, but I am happy either way.

I am excited to see the weather warming up so we can get outside and walk and enjoy the fresh air. I am going to keep this scale moving in the right direction one way or another..lol. Slow and steady, one pound down at a time.

I am already planning for tomorrow. We have an action packed day. The funeral will be at 2 and then as soon as it is over I have to get my husband to our daughters house for a surprise birthday lunch/dinner, and then we have church at 7. So I just have to keep busy and not snack at this party. Make me a big salad...(I forced my daughter to put in the menu) so I can fill up on salad and not have the desire to snack on the little things laying around.

@_Lilac_I hate that you are having all this computer trouble. It drives me in sane as well as I can not fix mine when needed either. I always have to have someone else do it. However I would be way more aggravated in your situation where it is brand new. Bless you heart! I hope they get it all lined out very quickly.

Well I am going to get this day started and hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer

Weekly Weigh-In:

USW - 161.6 (12/25/16)

CSW - 153.6 (2/14/17)

PW - 154.8 (2/17/17)

PW - 152.2 (2/24/17)

PW - 153.2 (3/3/17)

PW - 153.0 (3/10/17)

PW - 151.0 (3/16/17)

PW - 151.8 (3/24/17)

PW - 149.6 (3/31/17)

PW - 150.7 (4/7/17)

CW - 150.2 (4/14/17)

FW -  (4/18/17)

GW - 146.0 (4/18/17)

UGW #1 - 140     UGW #2 - 135

Wow! I just realized that I forgot to post last week so here is my update for the past two weeks! I have been having a bit of trouble. All of a sudden my weight shot back up and I couldn't seem to stop it. Since then I have begun tracking my caloric intake again and am getting back on track; my weight has been trending down again. Although it is doing so very slowly, I still count that as a win!

It seems safe to say I will not meet my goal for this challenge. However, I have still made some good progress and I have been seeing good results! I can't wait to hear everyone's final weigh-ins!

Best Answer
@HeartBiller I pretty much just started taking what I ate more seriously. I
had Chinese twice over the weekend (Friday and Sunday) and I think the
sodium got the best of me now that the weight is drastically improved. I
have been flushing my system with up to 80+ oz of water a day. I finally
also went to the grocery store and bought a ton of produce so most of my
calories at dinner haven't been as impactful. I would say I have exercised
(some minor Pilates) but when it comes to steps I have been slacking.

Good luck with everything, tomorrow sure does sound busy! I will be
attending a potluck for a bowling banquet and I am making dessert (luckily
I don't ever eat it) but it should be hard to not graze on stuff as well.
(It usually isn't very healthy but it is yummy).
Best Answer

Update on stress:

The IT dude found the power supply malfunctioning so he replaced it with one he tested with something he called the 'fuzzy cube of death' test. Two other power supplies failed the test but he gave me the one that passed. The computer is working fine now. So far! 

I forgot today was a public holiday and that the mall was closed so there was no walking with Mom. I asked if we could go to walk outside and again she resisted, so I'm just going to give it a rest til she's ready to make that transition. The YMCA was closed too so I couldn't go to aquafit. Instead, I took the dogs out and did our neighbourhood trek at a brisk pace (as much as they will let me with the dozens of 'tagging' stops they make). I'll probably take them again and get on the treadmill.

I was really hungry all day. Tracked my food and didn't have enough. Just finished supper and I'm still much too low on calories. I'll have a good snack later and drink lots of water/tea. I can't ruin the loss I had this week. 

Alright. Gotta go do something before my butt stays in this chair too long. Have a great weekend everyone!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Hi again everyone,

Here's this week's update. 

USW: 224.5 lbs (7/6/16)

CSW: 177.0 (12/23/16)

CW: 176.5 (12/30/16) -0.5 lbs

CW: 173.5 (01/06/17) -3.0

CW: 171.0 (01/13/17) -2.5

CW: 169.5 (01/20/17) -1.5

CW: 169.0 (01/27/17) -0.5

CW: 168.0 (02/03/17) -1.0

CW: 168.0 (02/10/17) -0.0

CW: 165.5 (02/17/17) -2.5  First weigh-in for this challenge.

CW: 163.0 (02/24/17) -2.5

CW:  159.0 (03/03/17) -4.0 

CW:  156.5 (03/10/17) -2.5

CW:  154.5 (03/17/17) -2.0

CW:  152.5 (03/24/17) -2.0

CW:  153.0 (03/31/17) +0.5

CW:  151.5 (04/07/17)  -1.5

CW:  150.5 (04/14/17)  -1.0

Goal Range:   150.0 - 155.0

Today's weight marks a total loss of 74 pounds!! I'm going to have to go for one more pound just to hit the 75 pound loss. 😊 I should get a lot of exercise in tomorrow. It's supposed to be 75 degrees and we have 10 yards of mulch sitting on the driveway that needs to be moved! 😯 Definitely not a one day project but hoping to get a good start. The landscape definitely needs some sprucing up. 

Happy Easter to all and I'll post again on Tuesday for the final weigh in for this challenge! 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Epic loss. Wow a 75 lb loss badge. So cool.

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Ava_, I know it's frustrating when the weight loss happens so slowly, but you have a nice steady loss for this challenge. At least the scale is going in the right direction. I wish I had some proven way to lose faster but my weight loss is also very slow. I have realized that I have a tendency to eat snacks when I'm feeling frustrated or depressed, as a way to give myself something good.  It took me a long time to realize and admit that. But even when I wasn't eating hardly anything "bad" I just didn't lose quickly. It's always been like 1/2 pound or less each week. Excrutiating. But it's better than gaining, so I tell myself I'll get there eventually.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  WOW!!! That is a huge accomplishment! I can't even imagine, 75 pounds. Keep up the good work and enjoy your accomplishment.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

I've had a pretty good week as far as steps but I'm having a lot of pain in my neck for some reason. I started the week off with more back pain than usual, but that went away after around 2 days. But Tuesday night the muscles on the left side of my neck started cramping, which is quite painful. I have pain pills and muscle relaxers for my back, which I try not to take during the day because they make me tired and then I don't get enough exercise, but I've been having to take them during the day all week. And even they don't completely knock it out. Usually when my back is bad I do some yoga stretches and they help a lot, but that hasn't worked for the neck.  I've tried every kind of stretch I can think of. It does help a little at that time, but it doesn't last. My shoulder is stiff, too, so anything that involves turning my head or reaching down with my left arm hurts. I've kept doing my walks but not as long as usual or as fast. It's starting to get to me. I tried a TENS unit tonight and that made it feel worse. I did some research on trigger point therapy and that seemed to help a bit, but all it took was one quick turn of my head and the spasms started again. The medicine makes me feel fuzzy mentally and I just don't feel like doing things that I normally do. The frustration is making me want to eat yummy things in order to have some pleasure. (When I got home from the gym tonight I ate 5 mini cupcakes.)

I'm going to try to force myself to rest more over the weekend, and I hope it will help.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@Bobbinyc

How cool that you saw so many interesting birds.  That 9 mile walk sound very strenuous that is for sure. 

Hopefully your feet have recovered.  The avocets and black neck stilts are back here.  If I get back to PA we need to go birding for sure.

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc

Thanks so much for your kind words again.  This is truly an amazing group of challengers and you are super supportive!!!

All the very best wishes to all as we near the last 3 days.

Best,

Barbara 

Best Answer