Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspirational Story!

Hi everyone.  My name is Judy. I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I am 71 years old.  I wanted to tell everyone about how I finally lost weight with a healthy lifestyle chalnge.  I have been on many diets over the years and I would lose weight and then gain it all back and then some.  Back on March 3, 2014, I was told by my doctor I was Obese!  I had never been told that before, so it was a real awakening.   She recommended I get the book "The Dash Diet for Weight Loss Solutions".   I bought it and cleaned out my pantry and filled it with the healthy foods the author Marla Heller recommended. It was so easy to follow.  You eat all healthy foods and you never get hungry.  I have followed it since then, ( Nov 3, will be eight months.)   I have lost 42 pounds.  I am so thrilled.  There is a dash diet support group online also.  (  www.dashdiet.com )   I bought the fitbit about a month ago.  I really like it.  It motivates me to get up and move.  Finally, the other day I reached my 10,000.00 steps.  I have been on this site since I bought the fitbit, but never got personally involved, but today I felt I had to tell all of you my story to encourage you that it can be done.  AND... thank you for all your encouraging stories that helped me understand how I could get moving... If I can help you in any way, let me know....Judy

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, I posted this under  a heading of someone else.  Lol,  I am not-- ( I'm so sore.)  I don't know how to change this.   Judy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@judyq6 Thanks for sharing your story with us, it's awesome to hear that you've lost weight and you're trying to do an great job everyday. I'm sure that with your story you're going to inspire others the same as they did with you. 

Wish you the best and I hope you can continue reaching your goals everyday Smiley Happy 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on  your loss!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Judy what an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your story 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes