Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is under target good or bad?

Hello! I’ve had my versa since the end of August. 

I’ve set to loose 1lb per week. Accounting to the watch I burn around 2200 calories a day and I try not to go over 1500 cals a days. 

My question is, 

Am I meant to be ‘under target’ to loose weight or ‘in the zone’ to loose weight or will this be a way of maintaining? 

Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, I do not understand what you exactly mean, but what I do know is that the amount of calories is determined by your steps, active minutes, exercises and HR. Hope this helps, regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if I’m meant to be aiming for ‘under target’ or ‘on target’ with my calories to loose weight. 

I dont want to under-eat as I’ve heard that’s not good for you.

i hope that makes more sense? 

Best Answer

Hi @HummingBird11 - I’m going to move these posts to the Community Lifestyle Forum - Manage Weight. The people there will be better able to help answer your question than those of us in this forum which is focused more on the technical side of things. Thanks for the help, @SunsetRunner .

Best Answer

Hi, @HummingBird11 , I’m not sure I have totally understood your question, but if you have set a weight loss target, then either “under target” (meaning you have eaten fewer calories than goal) or “on target” should result in weight loss over time - but even the strictest targets on Fitbit aim for a healthy loss of an average maximum of 2 pounds per week, so do expect some day to day fluctuation (even if you are “under target”) - on any given day your weight will depend on whether you have recently eaten / drunk / eliminated.

The important thing is the trend over time.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you! 

I will aim to be under or in the zone. 

I’ve hit a Plato at the moment so I need to be patient.

Best Answer