Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2017 Step Goal Challenge.

ANSWERED

Well, back again for the New Year!!!!

-This challenge doesn't have anything to do with USW, CW, GW, UGW, or PW. 

-Instead, the goal is reach the most amount of daily step goals during the month January-2017.  Challenge yourself to hit 31 out of 31 days. Increasing the # of daily checkins increases the chances of achieving 31/31 days. If you discover this mid month, no problem just post away.

-In addition to steps, I thought it would be interesting to add a calories burned  goal as well.

Posting format:

1) List your daily step goal

2)  List the # of daily step goals achieved during January-2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) List your daily burned calorie goal.(Optional)

4) List the # of daily burned calorie goals achieved during January 2017 (Optional)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck everyone, all the best for 2017

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

10,000 steps -- 2/31

2,300 burn  -- 3/31

Rest day yesterday so, very close call on both steps and burn. Had to do a little pacing. Smiley Tongue  And thankfully, we burn something even when we are sleeping so I hit the calorie burn. Whew!

@almost_where Thank you for starting this thread. My normal rest day I would be lucky to hit 5000 steps and my calorie burn would be awful. So thanks for the motivation!

Best Answer

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

4/31               |  4/31

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@HZlauer- when I first started increasing my steps I worked on the 250 steps an hour.  I set the reminders for 14 hours.  My first goal was 500 for each of those hours.  With little extra effort I got to 7000 without any extras.  I think I skipped over to 1000 steps an hour.  This was harder some days as I coudn't always get them in at work.  I'd come home and make a point to catch up before making dinner.  Now I'm at the point where I can make up to 5000 at one point.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

My day bombed, sadly.  Extremely stressful day at work which turned into an 11 hour day.  I'm a stress eater on top of it so...

10,000  2/31

Calorie allotment = 3/31

Best Answer

11k step / 4k burn

3/4 Step

2/4 Burn ( 90 calories short on 1/4)

Today I did the good old end of the day walk thinking I could catch up on steps & burn goals but catching up on last minute calories burned is no joke!!! I gotta start focusing on hitting mid day burned calorie mini goals so I'm not left with climbing everest at the "n"th hour. 

Good luck everyone, stick with it!!!

Best Answer

Step goal 15k

Calorie goal 3.5k (roughly the amount of energy in 1lb of fat!)

4th Jan - Steps - 20.6k, Calories - 4.2k, Activity - 5k run

3rd Jan - Steps - 20.8k, Calories - 3.9k, Activity - 5k run

Best Answer

Stick with it!

It might sound odd, but I find drinking water helps to stave off my appetite. I've a 750ml bottle on my desk and aim to finish one every 2 hours or so then refill straigh away. You end up drinking around 2.5 to 3 litres during the working day!

You also have the knock on effect that you gain extra steps by walking to the toilet more...sorry to lower the tone!

Best Answer

10,000 steps -- 3/31

2,300 burn  -- 4/31

Best Answer

Going to join in! Don't have records for the first few days in January since I was lazy about recharging my fitbit. I'm using Lose It to track my food so I've set my goals at the point where Lose It starts giving me a fitbit adjustment. Here's where I stand as of this morning:

Step Goal: 8000  > 2/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 2/31

Best Answer

Welcome Skullclutter! 

I might be being a bit dense, but could you explain what 2/31 means...

Best Answer

It means I've made my goal 2 days so far out of the 31 days in January.

In my case, I hit goal yesterday and Tuesday.

Best Answer

Ah, makes sense, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

5/31               |  4/31

Defintely not going to hit the calories burned today (going to bed soon as I have an early morning).

Best Answer

3/31 for step goal, actaully made up for some loss yesterday...hit over 19,000 today!

4/31 for calorie allotment, made up 1000 calories from yesterday's overage

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

4/5 Step

3/5 Burn

Best Answer

10k step goal and 2k burned calories

5/5 Step

4/5 Burn

Best Answer

Step goal 15k

Calorie goal 3.5k (roughly the amount of energy in 1lb of fat!)

5th Jan - Steps - 22.3k, Calories - 3.8k, Activity - 50min walk

4th Jan - Steps - 20.6k, Calories - 4.2k, Activity - 5k run

3rd Jan - Steps - 20.8k, Calories - 3.9k, Activity - 5k run

Best Answer

Nice job lawrencetelfer!

Best Answer

10,000 steps -- 4/31

2,300 burn  -- 5/31

Another close one yesterday, but I eeked it out. Today should be easy if I can get to the workout.-- The snow coming down outside is trying to thwart me!

Best Answer

Made it yesterday - did some window shopping after work which pushed me over.

Yesterday's totals were 9.2K steps and 2.6K calories.

Step Goal: 8000  > 3/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 3/31

Best Answer