Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2017 Step Goal Challenge.

ANSWERED

Well, back again for the New Year!!!!

-This challenge doesn't have anything to do with USW, CW, GW, UGW, or PW. 

-Instead, the goal is reach the most amount of daily step goals during the month January-2017.  Challenge yourself to hit 31 out of 31 days. Increasing the # of daily checkins increases the chances of achieving 31/31 days. If you discover this mid month, no problem just post away.

-In addition to steps, I thought it would be interesting to add a calories burned  goal as well.

Posting format:

1) List your daily step goal

2)  List the # of daily step goals achieved during January-2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) List your daily burned calorie goal.(Optional)

4) List the # of daily burned calorie goals achieved during January 2017 (Optional)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck everyone, all the best for 2017

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

19/31             |  14/31

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

20/21 step

19/21 burn

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 17/21

2,300 burn goal -- 19/21

@Ladyship I'm short on time right now. I will try to post a little about myself and what I tend to do to keep moving later.

Best Answer

Beautiful weather yesterday! Sunny and 65.

Jan 21

Steps: 20.5 k

Floors: 67

Cal 3 k

Miles: 9.2

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

21/22 step

20/22 burn

Approaching last week, lets finish strong.

Is anyone else getting weird glitches on the discussions page? I can't access it now from firefox cause its saying some certificate was revoked?

Best Answer

How quickly the weather changes, Sunday was either rain, drizzle with high winds and dark clouds. Nothing severe but does'nt make you want to go walk 4 miles.

But;

Steps 14.5

Floors 45

miles 6.5

cal 2700

Best Answer

Came down with a cold, so I've been taking it easy this weekend. Still managed to hit my calorie goal Friday and Sunday but didn't hit the step goal all weekend.

Step Goal: 8000  > 13/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 17/31

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

22/23 step

21/23 burn

One thing I always meant for the challenge and hope everyone is following is that the step & burn goals should be varying based off what YOU want to do. So for example, say you wanted to go hard Monday through Friday with (14k steps and 3k burn) and then step it down a notch for the weekends (6k steps and 1.5K burn) you would set it up that way and show 7/7 Steps and 7/7 Burn for the week even though you had different goals througout. Or say you pulled a hamstring and want to take thingsss really slow for the weekend, you would adjust your step/burn goals to reflect what you want to do.

Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

21/31             |  15/31

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Still got that cold.  Came within a hair's breadth of my step goal anyway, and hit the calorie goal.

7,967 steps, 2.5K calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 13/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 18/31

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 19/23

2,300 burn goal -- 21/23

@almost_where I haven't noticed any glitches yet.

I wish we were having 65 and sunny weather! Snow here with schools delayed and my yoga class for today was cancelled. I'm so wanting to crawl back into bed and I might yet.

Best Answer

Hope you weather improves. We are looking good this week, in the 40's but sunny.

Yesterday

Steps 18.7 K

Floors  85

miles 8.4

Cal 3.0 k 

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

22/24 step

21/24 burn

Took a break day yesterday to recharge. Heading into nyc at the end of the week and am anticipating a lot of steps so this recharge day will help.

Happy Stepping..

Best Answer

Feeling much better yesterday, and had a rehearsal for a play I'm in after work, so I had no problems getting my steps in yesterday. Feels good to be back at it.

10.5K steps, 2.7K calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 14/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 19/31

Best Answer

Town day ah well

Jan 24th

Steps 11.2 k

24 floors

5 miles

2300 cal

Best Answer

Not too much over goal yesterday but I'll take it.

8.5K steps, 2.5K calories.

Step Goal: 8000  > 15/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 20/31

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 22/26

2,300 burn goal -- 24/26

I've been so busy, I'm having trouble finding the time to check in. On the plus side, I've been so busy, I'm not having any trouble crushing my step and calorie goals. 

Best Answer

Didn't manage to get on the treadmill this week 😞 At least I still managed to hit goal.

8.1K steps, 2.4K calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 16/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 21/31

Best Answer

25/31             |  19/31

Not sure why, but was dragging all week.  Oddly enough I did manage to hit both goals for the last 4 days though.

Best Answer

11k step / 4 k burn

25/27 step

23/27 burn

Went to nyc and walked what seemed like everywhere.  Its 5pm today and I still need 5k which will be a challenge just cause im not in a step mood. Glad to be back to regular interent connection and daily checkins for remainder of month.

Best Answer