Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering if there are any older women trying the Fitbit, I am 70 and just started.

Looking to see if anyone else my age is trying the fitbit to lose weight, I am 70 but I do workout with a personal trainer and take Yoga.
Best Answer
1,087 REPLIES 1,087
Hi u too so glad u reached out to me😊

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I'd thought to take a before picture as 20 lbs doesn't sound as much as 20 lbs feels 🙂  Best of luck to you...you can do this!

Best Answer

Oh Glenda, a woman after my own heart...wine at night and just coffee in the am. If my tummy's reminding I haven't yet broken fast, then 1T of Trader Joe's almond butter for me, along with maybe a small apple or orange. It's worked for me. To lose, maintain a daily 1200 calorie maximum. COUNT EVERYTHING (no cheating!). To maintain rachet it up to a comfortable 1485 calories. That's it. Walk my 250 hrly steps, count calories...and enJOY the journey. God speed.

Best Answer
Good for you 😊

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kimmy11 

I'm 49 and in the past year I've started to find it really hard to keep weight off the middle... It feels like my metabolism has completely changed. It's SO frustrating!  I go the new Luxe for Christmas. I had the Inspire before, but I really love the Luxe. I hope it helps me lose some before my Hawaii trip in March!  I'm 5'5" and 145lbs but never been this heavy. I'm quite active, so usually am 130lbs...15 is a lot when you're not used to it. But now, even despite being active, I stay the same, so I think it's all down to diet now - or maybe weights?   

Best Answer
The Fitbit doesn’t lose the weight for you; it records your efforts to lose maybe 1-2 lbs every week and gives you mental approval every time you look at it. This approval boosts your determination for the next week. Stop thinking of the 15 lbs you want to lose but what you lost last week. It’s harder to lose the older you get. I’m 79 and a runner, do yoga and weights. Very slow to lose at this stage in life…so do it now so you won’t have to later. You’ve got this !

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Hi luv your comments I also do weights and aerobics and I do them cause I luv to.my big appetite is my down fall and our happy hr of to beers lol.My hubby is 78 and is not changing happy hr.🤣soooo🤷‍:female_sign:

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

My grandmother has a Fitbit, well she's not trying to lose weight, she just does stretches every morning so she doesn't have any pain.

Best Answer