Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto & Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the Fitbit community here. This app/system doesn't seem to be particularly accommodating or open to Keto but I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot because the tracking system is superior!

I've been practicing this lifestyle for almost two months. I have hypothyroidism, and my medication has been cut down by 50 mcg since I've started this program. I have lost 6 pounds so far, and in the past week I've lost 2.5 inches off of my midsection.

I sleep better, I feel better, and I'm not experiencing hunger pangs or cravings :)! I'm about to have my first meal in 26 hours and I'm so excited! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

In what way should the app/system accommodate particular ways of eating? As far as I can tell, Fitbit lets you log your intake in a neutral way (and thus accommodate any style of eating). If you deem it not versatile enough, you can use MyFitnessPal, which integrates with Fitbit. Note that MFP doesn’t support "net carbs" (if it’s what you’ve got in mind) out of the box, but you can find workarounds such as the one described here or here (disclaimer: no personal experience with it, as I prefer high-carb and I don’t log my intake anyway).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, I have just found my fitbit after not using it for a few years, in those few years I have gone vegan and have got into intermittant fasting and keto and want to connect with people who follow a similar lifestyle

Best Answer

hi @TeamVailuu 

I have also heard that short fasting is good for metabolism

and at the same time, prolonged malnutrition and hunger are very dangerous for health

Best Answer