Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day to Halloween Challenge 2017

Hello everyone and welcome to the Labor Day to Halloween Day challenge.

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

USW - 380lb (2014ish)

fitbit start weight Sept 2016 - 355lb

PCSW (previous challenge start weight) -289lb

CW - 286lb

GW - 270lb

Ok, so I lost only 3 lbs last challenge. (Lost 5lbs but went up 2 again).  It's stupid, it's annoying, it's a stupid plateau. I'm WORKING on it and I'm not getting the results I had before. But I'm not giving up. I'm trying different things to jumpstart the loss again. 

I have an appointment at a hospital in another city in late November for testing. I need to get in the MRI machine. The last time I was in one it freaked me out and my arm went to sleep because of the pressure since I was too big to fit well. They had to get me out. At that time, the doctor said I must lose weight...as much as possible before they take me in again. And it's important. Soooo...I've gotta beat this plateau and get down. My goal is 270 lbs. I was 340lb last time I think.

I MUST do at least one workout per day in the correct heartrate zone. I'm finding my walks with mom or the dogs are NOT getting my heartrate up. My food is good, though maybe not enough calories. Got to work on fixing that. 

Ok, let's get this thing going. Kids are back to school, summer is over and perhaps schedules will get back to normal. There are people I miss talking to here. @dancefoxtrot@HeartBiller@A_Lurker, @Bobbinyc and many more. Come join the challenge!

Best Answer

Current weight 143.4

Goal weight      139 by Oct 7

Goal Weight    137 Halloween

Height 5"7"     BMI 22.5

UGW 135 belly fat off muscle on.

Hi all 

I'm in and recommitting today to stretch, strengthen, get strong and lose belly fat.

Hope you are ready for healthier and happier too.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

USW 215

SW 197

GW 185

UGW 160

i would love to join your challenge!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in!  Thanks for posting this. So close to my 50 pound milestone. 

HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
USW 207.9 (May 22, 2016)
CW 159.3 (9/1)
GW 149.9
UGW just trying to get to a 24.9 BMI
Plan: mfp food tracker and exercise 5 days per week

Best Answer

I'm back in too. No lofty goals this time:

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.0 (9/04/17)

LW- 209.4

CW- 209.0

GW- 205.0 (October 31st)

UGW- 150

Best Answer

I'm in. Didn't even get past 167 Cat Frustrated Don't know what the problem is.  I am in a Jiff walking challenging with my work so I have to get steps in everyday.  Plus they managed to get our insurance to pay for a 52 week weight loss program.  I have to WebEx with a coach every week.  Hopefully that will help me to get over that hump. Will post stats tomorrow.   

Best Answer

Well here's hoping I'll do better with this Challenge than the last -- I'll try to be more active & post regularly.

USW - 179.9 Jan '16

SW   -  146.6    9/5/17

GW  -   140     10/31/17

I started working out at the Y in Sept 2015 but didn't get serious until January 2016.  I was dedicated to 5 days a week for a year & 1/2 then this past June I just started loosing interest & slacking off.  I need to get my mindset back into atleast 3 days a week - I'd really like to go 4 but ..................  I over did it a little & hurt my shoulders so am guessing that is what's kept me away.  I keep telling myself I can go to walk or ride the bike but just can't get it done.

I'm trying & hoping that my reporting each week, which I really want to get better at, i'll stick to it.

Good luck everyone & thanks _Lilac_ for starting us again

Best Answer

USW 315 (Dec 2015)
CW 213.6 
GW 205

Approx 8 lbs - 1 lb a week

I had a 1lb/wk goal last time and failed miserably. I've realized that if I can stick with this goal, by Jan 1, I'll be under 200 lbs since... well... maybe middle school??? I'm beyond ready to be there so I've gotta stick with it now. The holidays are coming and I need to have good control / plans in place before then so I don't go crazy with eating during that time. 

Best Answer

Didn't do very well on the last time -- so keep trying!  Please count me in!!

todays weight 159.6

goal for Halloween 152.0

Woman Tongue

Best Answer

I'm in!  Just decided to get back into trying to lose. 

USW -  253
SW - 261 😞
GW - 250
UGW- 200

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Before I list my current and goal weights, I just want to say that I know my numbers seem relatively low. However, keep in mind that I am barely 4'11", so although my weight would be considered normal and healthy for an average sized woman, I am considered to be slightly overweight for my height.

*RANT OVER*

SW - 135

GW - 130

UGW - 115

Good luck everyone! 🙂

Best Answer

Guys, I'm kinda freaked out.

I had my livingroom and a bedroom window scheduled to be replaced today and when the livingroom window was removed, they found my entire wall rotten from water damage AND....*drum roll* asbestos. My house insurance doesn't want to cover anything but the asbestos removal might be covered, depending on what one contractor says...but they haven't called me back yet. They've boarded me up with plywood and have to leave my livingroom like that.

To get out of the workers' way I went in the kitchen and made stew and biscuits. I have to be careful not to stress eat, though I think I might be too anxious for it. I almost feel sick. The upstairs window is being replaced without issue. 

I've been on my feet for hours but I'm not getting a lot of steps logged. This evening, after all the chaos, I might go to the pool and do water aerobics and float the stress away. 

*deep breath*

Best Answer

@IdahoSandy

Wow Sandy.

Great milestone any day now. 

Good going!

B

Best Answer

@_Lilac_

Bummer about a wall of water damage! Can you put it on a credit card? It needs to be done so hope these are ethical and reasonably priced contractors. 

Floating stress away sounds good.

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancefoxtrot  I can cover it. I have to decide if I'm going to attempt to get it covered by house insurance or just pay for it because the cost will be about the same as my deductible. If I make a claim I'd have an increased monthly insurance premium after that. It's really hard to know what to do. The asbestos is outside siding that has been covered up by newer siding, so it's not INSIDE the house. These houses were all built to house the young men returning from WWII. All my neighbours have the same thing. 

Anyway, I've had a seizure and heart palpitations already tonight due to the stress. I've had only about 900 calories today so I need to have something to eat and maybe some hot tea and try to relax. 

I can't go walking with mom again tomorrow morning since I'm having another contractor come for an estimate. But I think I'll get on my treadmill or do a Leslie Sansone video on youtube. 

Non-scale victory: My sister called to discuss my disaster of a day and said something like, "I know you've had a crappy day so do you want to go out to the buffet?" And I told her NO. I don't think like that anymore. I don't drown my stress in food. It wouldn't make me feel better, it would make me feel crappy and guilty. All day I kept thinking, "I need to get my stress out by exercising." I think I'll put on a recorded tv show and do some marching tonight. Shower and then sleep. 

Ok, I have a plan. 

Best Answer

SW 165

CW165

GW 160

UGW 135

I am up for this challenge.

Best Answer

USW - 232

SW -232

CW -232

PW - 234.8

GW -   215

UGW - 160

Best Answer

@LIFESGOALS  Yay, are you just starting out? Welcome! I wish you great success. I find the support from the group is tremendously helpful. So many are inspiring. We can all use motivation.

Again, welcome. 

Best Answer

@highflyer  Bah, we all go through that, I think. The important thing is that you are going to work on it. Please check back often. I feel the more I am involved in the forums, the more motivation I gain. Welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes