Did you mean: 

weight

how much should 60 year old woman weitgt

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

as much as she wants to

Best Answer

It depends on build, activity level, height, and other criteria.  You might want to talk to your doctor.  I had a conversation with mine and the goal is the highest weight for my height on a basic chart.  I'm getting closer!

Best Answer
Agreed:)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LivingLard, you got a great answer from @Daves_Not_Here.  However, if you would like to consider a range of so-called "ideal" weights you might want to have a look at this website.  

One of the reasons that I like it is that it will give you the "medical recommendation" (range), two insurance table recommendations, and most interesting of all, the "people's choice" ideal weight -- what people of your gender, age and height would like to weigh.

It will also tell you how you compare to other American women of your age and height.  Highly recommended!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

It's not what they should weigh, it's what they feel comfortable weighing.

If they feel like they need to gain a little, work on that. If they feel they need to lose a little, work on that. Do it sensibly and steadily and work towards a healthy goal set in mind. There is no right or wrong box that everyone should fit into and it's something only the person asking the question can decide. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jennyx92, I agree!  But there are, if course, known risks from having a LOT if extra body fat (especially around the organs) or being VERY underweight (with not enough protective body fat).

Other than extremes one way or another, the "ideal" weight is one you feel comfortable with in yourself and which you can maintain without either starving or stuffing.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

although numbers can be important for overall health, lifestyle is also important to overall health, especially as we get older. Get out and about, eat good food, fresh food, laugh a lot, cry a little and keep your mind busy.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes