Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose It with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Anyone using Lose It to track their food and link to Fitbit? Do you like it? When I read about Lose It features it seems duplicative but used to tracking food in Lose It and have to build a whole new food list in Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I been a member of Lose It for like 3yrs so all my favorite food and recipes were on that app already... So I was super excited that Lose It sync to Fitbit and vice versa so I only have to log my food on the Loseit app and it transfer the info to Fitbit food log as well. Also on the Loseit app will locate and sync with the Fitbit and track you activity as well...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I been a member of Lose It for like 3yrs so all my favorite food and recipes were on that app already... So I was super excited that Lose It sync to Fitbit and vice versa so I only have to log my food on the Loseit app and it transfer the info to Fitbit food log as well. Also on the Loseit app will locate and sync with the Fitbit and track you activity as well...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the insight!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used the lose it app for a while and that is were I log my food, using the free version.  Did you upgrade the lose it app to a premium or the fitbit app? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get the food to go from Lose it to Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The premium version of Lose It will sync to Fitbit. I am still on the free version but planning to upgrade. Logging good there seems easier than Fitbit. Maybe just cause I've been using that longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Need to upgrade to premium version of Lose It.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have the preium version I have the free version and mines still sync automatically. I think you just have to log on to Loseit and give it permission to sync and have access to Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I also have been using Lose it! for a couple of years and decided to remain with Lose it! for food, but use the Fitbit app for my Fitbit Flex. Since, I have been using my Lose it! wayy before I got the Flex, I used to add excercises into it as well. But if I do that now, will it double it? Ive been doing that for the last week and it doesnt seem to, but I wanted to know if anyone else is doing that as well or has any inisight into the excercise syncing of the two apps!!

I use the free app on Lose It!, and it syncs, no need to upgrade to Premium on Lose it! if you dont want to!

And if doesnt sync automatically, after you log into Lose It!, then follow this procedure on your app

Apps & Devices > FitBit Trackers > Force Sync (ANDROID)

if you dont see force Sync that means, your fitbit isnt connected to your Lose It! App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have synched my Fit Bit Flex and my Lose It app.  I am now getting a message on Lose It every day that reports a "Fit Bit Adjustment", usually a credit for exercise.  How is that adjustment calculated?  For example, yesterday I got an "adjustment" of 138.  I have looked everywhere for how Fit Bit came up with "138".  I also had walked some 6000 steps.  Doesn't that convert to about 300 calories (100 calories per 2000 steps)?  Do I enter that in my Lose It log, PLUS the Fit Bit adjustment?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You upgrade the Lose It app to "Premium".  But Lose It's database is much bigger and more useful than Fit Bit's, in my opinion, so I finally decided it was worth it.  But I can't find any information about how to interpret the "Fit Bit Adjustment" that appears on my Lose It screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry....I was wrong about needing to upgrade to Premium.  I should have finished the thread before posting.  Clearly people are synching Lose It and Fit Bit without using the premium version!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey... Soo I actually had that confusion for quite some time.... Are u using both fitbit and lose it???

Anyways... Here's an explanation for both...

Lose it:
So the adjustment means that.... Lose it... Has a number that it considers u wud burn everyday doing daily activities... Like sleeping, cooking, walking - the minimum, it assumes u wud do... Let's say that's it says 100. And today according to fit bit... U do 150... The adjustment would b 50... Bcuz u did 50 MORE than Ur daily activity, that Lose it predicted for u.
You can actually view the fitbit adjustment calculation on the LOSE IT website
https://loseit.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/756841-i-wore-my-fitbit-tracker-today---why-does-lo...

FitBit:
When u Enter Ur food and excercise into Lose it and sync it with fitbit... ONLY the food is added... (What you eat/ate), the excercise, it relies on Ur fitbit device and not on Lose it.. (this is what I've been doing). So even if u log in excercise into Ur lose it... It won't count into Ur fitbit... However I add it... Just to see if I'm within my budget for the day... And if I can have a glass of wine or ice cream after dinner 😛

I hope this helps with Ur confusion. 😁

About the LOSE it premium... Apparently they changed the option recently... So those who have been using lose it for quite some time don't need to upgrade to premium to sync to fitbit.... But those who started using recently don't have that option, and require premium to sync with fitbit.... I'm not exactly sure when this happened... But that's what I've been hearing about that issue....

UPDATE: If anyone was wondering, what Lose It considers as your "minimum calorie burn" its your BMI x 1.5.. so if you burn more than that.. it helps you make the adjustment with the difference.

Best Answer

I've been using the free version of Lose It for several years and just got the Fitbit Flex 5 days ago.  I don't have any issues with the two syncing and I don't get double credit on calories in and out, however, the goal in Fitbit for current weight and goal weight and level of losing that weight differs by about 200 calories between the two programs.   Fitbit gives me about 200 calories more a day so I stick with the calories a day in Lose It.  

I do have to log in my exercise (except for steps) in both programs. Fitbit does not sync the exercise entered into Lose it and vis a versa.  It appears that only the steps are recorded in both through the sync.  Also, the only distance/miles that record are the ones for the steps, when I enter my miles/distance for the elliptical or biking it does not add to the total on the dashboard.  (the steps do not record while I'm on the elliptical, I have not tested this on the stairmaster and I don't do the treadmill so I don't know if that would records as steps or not).

I'm still learning so I don't know if these stats record elsewhere in the program and just are not showing on the dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes