Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing more weight than calculated?

Hi everyone,

I have only just started my first week of tracking my calories using my Fitbit to lose weight. I have been doing a 1000 calorie deficit for the past week. I have been really meticulous at checking that by midnight this is at 1000 over. It has never been more than this at any point.

anyway- today I weighed in and had lost 4 pounds. While I’m really happy about that, what I don’t understand is how this can be more than 2 pounds a week if I am only doing 1000 calorie deficit. Does anyone know why this might be? Is it water weight initially? I do have about 4 stone to lose so I understand the heavier you are the quicker it comes off at first- I just wondered how this could be when I’ve stuck to the formulae for 2 pound loss a week.

does anyone have any ideas?

many thanks!

Jo

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Jobaz ,

Congratulations on weight loss!! You have done really well keeping at it for the first week. Losing weight should be considered more a marathon than a sprint and you must look at your results in the long term. Since you are at the start of your journey, you may have just lost some excess water weight that you have been carrying around. Tracking calories is also not an exact science and the calories listed for food are not the most accurate, even when it comes to portion sizes. The key goal that you want to achieve is consistency over time. Keep doing what you are doing and you will reap the benefits in the long term.

Best Answer
0 Votes