Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing weight with Hashimotos hypothryoidism and/or Lyme disease?

Hi everyone!

I got my Fitbit Charge 2 about a month ago and I absolutely love it. However, I am struggling with the weight loss aspect of it, even though I consistently have a deficit of at least 750 calories. I was diagnosed with both Hashimotos hypothyroidism and Lyme disease last year - both of which can make it very difficult to lose weight - but I had hoped that increasing my physical activity and eating healthier would show at least some results in that area. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same diagnoses and could help me figure out a way to work around them? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I don't have any experience with thyroid issues. The reading I've done emphasizes to get your levels checked frequently. Be sure to follow your doctor's recommendations.

My son had Lyme disease. There are two tests for the antibodies, and both need to come back positive to confirm Lyme disease. Unfortunately, many doctors don't know how to treat it. All it takes is up to three months of Doxycycline. It's in the tetracycline family of antibiotics which aren't commonly used today except in cattle in feedlots. I finally convinced the doctor my son had severe acne, and it cleared up in about six weeks. (Doxycycline is commonly used to treat acne.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your response! I am currently on a very vigorous treatment for both diseases, but I have likely had undiagnosed chronic Lyme for over 10 years so it's been resistant to antibiotic treatment so far.

Best Answer

I've was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 12 years ago... Had no luck losing weight until last year when I gave up wheat/gluten. It's an interesting journey. I recently reintroduced gluten to my diet and gained ten pounds before I could blink.

Best Answer
0 Votes