Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

@almost_where

Don't get me wrong btw, I can do 8k steps at 10pm in the dark outside when its 20 degrees out but its not enjoyable. And if you start racking up too many "not enjoyables" thats when your mission starts to become "not enjoyable".  Remember we are trying to build a routine that is sustainable once we hit that UGW or whatever your final goal is and the more enjoyables then the higher the chances are of maintaining. Thats my penny opinion.

That was worth more than a penny.  Thank you.  🙂

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

2/3 of 31

Yesterday I left it for evening and got stuck working until I was exhausted.  Today, I did a bunch in the a.m. which made it much easier.  @almost_where@A_Lurker, I like the idea of spacing it out whenever possible.  I have to do water that way or I don't drink enough.  And I always find your ideas to be worth a whole lot.  You both figure out the detail so well. Thanks.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

@Bobbinyc: I started by trying to get 500 steps an hour instead of 250, which got me 4500 instead of 2250 by the end of the workday. Add in incidental walking in the morning and dinnertime, and you've got 5000 or 6000 before you get to the evening. I then stepped it up to 1000 an hour (about 10 minutes of brisk walking). Now I just walk during phone calls, conferences, whenever I can. 🙂

Yesterday I got 16,061 and today I'm at 12,939 (dude, I can't wait until the kids go to sleep so I can work out!), so...

3/31. YAY!

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 3 for 3 out of 31

Burn: 3 for 3 out of 31

Lifting 2 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Just looked at my phone app and it said I met all goals - steps, calorie burn, active minutes and floors.  It's silly but I love that the whole screen was flashing and green.  And I didn't count gym time.  I'll try to do this another few days, and raise the goals.  

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

3/31

2/14

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Literally struggled to finish my goal steps yesterday. I opted to work from home as I have few things to take care. One advantage, I save almost an hour and 40 mins of commute and lot of things I got it done. But disadvantage - I didn't get to do my regular 45 mins of walk/run during my lunch time. I miss those steps when I go around and communicate with others. I prefer this instead of sending an email. But for some reason I chickened out and it was too cold (It's hovering around -25c 😧) . Finally I completed my goal steps barely around 11 pm.

steps: 13,348

days: 3/3 

Bhuvana

Best Answer

Steps: 4 for 4 out of 31

Burn: 4 for 4 out of 31

Not gonna lie, I did not like missing my outdoor walk due to temps and substituting it with indoor stuff.

Best Answer

Okay, so yesterday I ended up with 19,533 at the end of the day. Today I'm at 11,371, but I haven't worked out yet. So...

4/31 (YAY!)

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

4/31

2/14

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Completed my goal steps.

so it's 4/31

woohoo....😀

Best Answer

Saturday I had planned to go to a nearby wildlife refuge and walk the trails.  But, I got a call from a friends son that he had a medicine reaction and we spent  the day in the ER.  Fell asleep the second I got home.  So, today I was headed out at 8am and a neighbor asked for help with her newborn.  I thought I'd be smart and held the baby and walked for an hour; forgot that the fitbit doesn't register anything if your arm is holding a baby.  

But the day is young, and I will make up for yesterday.  And I'm turning off my phone!

Best Answer

March 2

steps 14.4 k

floors 17

Fri 3/3

Steps 13.1 K

floors 32

Sat 3/4

steps 11.4 k

floors17

three for three on steps

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

5/31

3/14

Wow, not even 7pm and I've accomplished my goals for the day.  Now I need to go make something to eat and perhaps try and get to sleep early as it's back to work tomorrow.

Best Answer

Steps: 5 for 5 out of 31

Burn: 5 for 5 out of 31

Best Answer

yesterday was 3 out of 5 of 31

Best Answer

This thread really motivating me to complete the step goal everyday. I am happy for that and thanks to you all. Honestly, I had an attitude of not running If the temp is too hot or too cold. This got changed last year when I ran my first 1/2. The temperature was soaring 40 C and I finished the race with my PB. From that time, I started to train regardless of temp. Because race day weather is not in my control. Whether it is cold or hot, I do go out.  Still, sometimes I chicken out, but rarely.

Yesterday I did my 10 K LSD in that - 26 C with wind chill factor. Felt really good after the run. 

Completed my goal steps. 

5/5 for this month.

Bhuvana

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps:  14,000 ( 2 / 5 )

Burn:  2,200 ( 1 / 5 )

Dropped my "goal" from 15,000 to 14,000 steps.  I had hoped to increase it starting last week, but I just can't seem to fit that into my day consistently.

To make matters worse, I was a total slug all weekend.  Here's to stepping up my game this week...

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

For today March 6th

Completed my goal steps!

6/6  🙂

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

5/31

2/14

Best Answer