Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

completed my step and active goal today 

4/6 of 31

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 6 for 6 out of 31

Burn: 6 for 6 out of 31

Lifting 3 out of 16 days.

Loved being able to feel my fingertips on my walk today 🙂

Best Answer

@almost_where  "Loved being able to feel my fingertips on my walk today" - funny.  Yes, it's the little things that matter.

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps:  14,000 ( 3 / 6 )

Burn:  2,200 ( 2 / 6 )

Aaaaaand, she's BACK IN THE GAME!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

Goals achieved by 12:30pm today!  Feels good.

5/7 out of 31.

Best Answer

Completed my goal steps. 

7/7 out of 31

Good feeling 👍

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

7/31

3/14

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps: 7 for 7 out of 31

Burn: 7 for 7 out of 31

Lifting 4 out of 16 days.

Going to set a one day exception of 5,000 steps either this Sunday (3/12) or St. Patricks Day (3/17) in advance.

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps:  14,000 ( 4 / 7 of 31 )

Burn:  2,200 ( 2 / 7 of 31)

Hit my step goal yesterday, but as usual, that calories burned goal eluded me because it was not a strength training day.  Fitbit says I need to burn 2,163 calories a day.  I think it's trying to kill me.  I burned 2,150.  So close.  What a kick in the teeth.  😞

Best Answer

Haven't posted in a few days:

3/1: 19,507

3/2: 16,061

3/3: 19,533

3/4: 17,519

3/5: 10,127

3/6: 15,508

3/7: 20,887

7/31 so far. Yay!

Best Answer

@RachelShrinks - Wow!  Great job on those steps!  I dropped so far down in the friend rankings because I didn't have it in me to move over the weekend.  So, I'm anxiously waiting for Saturday and Sunday's steps to drop off my average.  LOL!

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny: Isn't it horrible we worry about stuff like that? But we DO! I like seeing stars and green numbers and 1, 2, or 3 next to my name on the leader board... It's addictive like food is addictive. 

But slightly better for you :).

Just keep stepping—the challenge we're in now is going great—and it'll be Monday soon enough and your average will return to normal :D!

Best Answer

Done for this day!

8/8 out of 31..

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

8/31

4/14

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps done  6/8 out of 31

Also got in 55 very active minutes 🙂

I just love seeing the dashboard turn green and flash those stars.  

Best Answer

Steps: 8 for 8 out of 31

Burn: 8 for 8 out of 31

Lifting 5 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc - I just noticed the green stars yesterday and got all excited about it.  Is that new?

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps:  14,000 ( 5 / 8 of 31 )

Burn:  2,200 ( 3 / 8 of 31)

Calories burned goal achieved, but I had to throw in a 15 minute Fitstar video at 8:30 p.m. to get me there.  (This, of course, caused me to push bedtime out to 10 p.m.  There's no falling asleep once you get your heart pumping.)  But, I was riiiiiight on the money for that goal.  So, maybe that's the ticket.  Maybe I just need to add an extra 15 minutes of cardio to my daily routine.  We shall see...

Best Answer

Guess I haven't posted since last Saturday. Still having problems getting my charge HR to sync with my phone.

Sunday: Steps 11.9 k, 23 floors, 5.5 miles

Monday: Steps 15.1 k, 46 floors, 6.8 miles

Tuesday: steps 12.6 k, 30 floors, 5.75 miles

All of the above stats are without a dedicated 3 or 4 mile walk. They come from working around my acreage doing various chores.

Trail ride day Wednesday! 30.7 k steps, 14.8 miles, 138 floors!  (Well, I personally got 11.2 k, 12 floors) My horse wants it's own Fitbit and a smart phone.

On a high note, my weight is down to 158.  Weight charts says a person my height should weigh 154 to 157. Do have a bunch of loose skin to sell, but this is probably not the group to market it too. 🙂

Best Answer

What are green stars?  Where did you see them? Perhaps specific to your model of Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes