Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

@benvegi: if you achieve all the goals (steps, active mins, calorie burn etc) you would see all green stars flashing in the app. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@benvegi

When you meet all the goals on your dashboard (the top part in the app, with the steps, floors etc.) it will flash with green stars.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did achieve it yesterday with the ride, saw no green stars on my app, may
have something to do with the Charge HR. What version watch do you have?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@benvegi: I have Charge 2 tracker. The app is installed in my iPad, not with my android. So does it make difference? I have to check.

Best Answer
0 Votes

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 9 for 9 out of 31

Burn: 9 for 9 out of 31

Lifting 6 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Almost midnight and I just got my steps in.  

7/9 of 31.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

OK, I was looking on my phone. I only go into the app on my computer once a week or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thursday: Spent the day removing 5 raised garden beds built with RR ties that were breaking up after 25 years in the ground. Moving a lot of dirt by hand. All of this is great exercise. 

steps 14.8 k

6.8 miles

59 floors

3,220 cal burn - working in the garden is good exercise.

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for yesterday! 

9/9 out of 31.

@benvegi: Good for you! Really jealous about your environment. I still have at least 1 - 2 feet of snow on the ground. It will be around May I would start doing some garden work. 😞

Best Answer

8/10 of 31

I love this.  I am so much more focused with this group.  It's the accountability that I don't tend to have for myself.  And each day I am also doing a minimum of 30 minutes very active and at least 20 floors.

Looks like I 'll have to raise my goals.  This makes me so happy.

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

10/31

5/14

Great day, got the lifting and the step count completed before 6pm.  Of course I just realized that I haven't even thought of what I'm making for dinner!

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps: 10 for 10 out of 31

Burn: 10 for 10 out of 31

@Bobbinyc  🙂 nice stepping Bobbi

Best Answer

Completed the goal steps for March 10th. 

10/10

So far so good. Due to busy schedule, I was tempted to change my goal steps to 10,000 y'day. I resisted myself. I felt like I would be cheating if I do it. I like that accountability.  It motivates me more. 

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Bhuvana

Best Answer

@almost_where @A_Lurker You guys are like machines with this.  Such inspiring role models for me.  I have always been way too impulsive, and depended on motivation, which always comes and goes.  I am trying to ignore whether or not I 'feel' like it, and just do it until I hate not doing it.  Actually, now when I don't do a good workout in the morning, I miss it.  But I'm not where I want to be with it yet.

I did do some steps at home a couple of days ago, some to a video and some just around the house.  It actually felt like cheating.  It is not nearly the same workout for me if I  walk outside, or even a treadmill (which is also easier than walking outside).  I'm getting back to really enjoying using my muscles again.  It's scary how long it takes to come back from being laid up, and how much muscle gets lost so easily.

Thanks to all for being such great inspiration.

Best Answer

Friday:

Steps 12.2 k

floors 23

5.5 miles

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

11/31

5/14

Again, a good day, past the 15,000 before 6pm.

@Bobbinyc- it's really important for me to set a goal.  Last month I slowed down on purpose and set it to 10,000.  Left to my own devices I'd be doing maybe 3000 on the weekends.  Work days can see me at 10,000 when I get home or as little as 3,000.  I really do try to get up and do steps before work.  Today was easy because I went into the plant for, what I thought would be, 2 hours and it ended up being 5.  I spent a good part of it running back and forth between locations and a portion of it helping to sort parts.  The sad part about that is I'm the one that initiated it (with a truck on the way no less).

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps: 10 for 11 out of 31

Burn: 10 for 11 out of 31

Today was an off day, recharge, reset

Best Answer

Completed the goal steps before 6 pm. Nice feeling 🙂

11/11 out of 31.

@almost_where: Some days, I feel the same. But every day is a new day! 

Best Answer

For yesterday ;

9/11 of 31 

And a flashing green screen again!  I need to buy myself some gold stars 🙂

Best Answer

Completed the goal steps for today March 12th before 10 AM with my 10 k run. Pretty happy about it. I was questioning myself this morning whether to go or not in this windy -31 c weather. Don't regret it at all. 😊

12/12 out of 31.

Happy Sunday everyone! 

Bhuvana

Best Answer