Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

12/31

6/14

Got both in before 6pm.  However, I admit that I'm sick.  I've been somewhat off since Thursday but kept going.  Friday's workout wasn't bad but today's was definitely low energy.  I'm now medicated with some cold & sinus stuff I had in the house, so I feel slightly better.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

10/12 of 31

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 10 for 12 out of 31

Burn: 11 for 12 out of 31

Lifting 7 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

@almost_where  I like the way you express that - recharge, reset.  Simple, to the point.  I'm cheering you on.

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps: 14,000 ( 8 / 12 of 31 )
Burn: 2,200 ( 5 / 12 of 31)

Ugh!  I am just NOT doing well this month at all!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

Completed the step goals.

13/13 out of 31.

😃

Best Answer

11/13 of 31

If not for this and another challenge I am in I would never be walking this much.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Steps: 11 for 13 out of 31

Burn: 12 for 13 out of 31

Lifting 8 out of 16 days.

Ok, confession time. My actual burn was 3,993 but im going to round up to 4k because i passed on the reeses pb eggs in aisle 12 today at the supermarket.  For those in the storm path stay warm/safe.

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc wrote:

11/13 of 31

If not for this and another challenge I am in I would never be walking this much.

Thanks.

Me too. I would not be pushing this much either. Especially this week, March break for my daughter. Working through the lunch. Don't have time to go for a walk/run during lunch break. Also 20 to 30 cm snow in next 24 hours. Walking will be within the house 😞

Best Answer

@almost_where  You really do crack me up.  I can't even walk down aisle 12!  Though in the supermarket by me it's aisle 2.  I have gotten very good at looking the other way.

I love your "no parking" sign.  

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps: 14,000 ( 9 / 13 of 31 )
Burn: 2,200 ( 6 / 13 of 31)

Two days in a row - I'm calling it a trend.

Best Answer

Having trouble getting motivated this month. The weather turned into winter of sorts, cloudy, temps in low 30's, rain, sleet & snow all week. Plus wind. Hard to get out and walk 4 miles down the road.

Saturday: Steps10.1 k, 4.5 miles, 23 floors

Sunday: Steps 8 k! Snow, rain, wind 29 degrees. 

Monday: steps11 k, 5.2 miles, 12 floors

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

14/31

7/14

I had to pull my lifting ahead today because I just agreed to do roughly 9 hours of driving over the next 2 days.  That may mess with my steps though.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Did it!  12/14 of 31

Also did the 30 min burn and 31 floors.

I'm partly 4 years old - I just love seeing the screen turn green when I reach all goals.

They really should have a badge for shoveling this deep icy 'snow'.

Best Answer

Steps: 11 for 14 out of 31

Burn: 12 for 14 out of 31

Lifting 9 out of 16 days.

Fell a little bit short with steps/burn today but got the lifting in. Countered the lower activity with fewer calories so felt a little better about that.  This storm delivered a pretty good smack but at least the shoveling tomorrow will generate a pretty good burn number. @Bobbinyc , if you find out how to score a shovelling snow badge pls do let me know.  Good luck everyone, we are half way through the month, lets all have a good 2nd half.

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for yesterday. Walked within house and that's the going to be the same case today as I am working from home today too... Added 30 mins of strength training. Felt pretty good.

14/14 out of 31. 

It's going to be interesting to see how I am going to manage this weekend as I am driving to Connecticut for my cousin's wedding. 8 hours of drive on Saturday and 8 hrs coming back on Sunday. 

Men Who shovels snow out there: Please take care of yourself when you do this strenuous activity. Study shows that men are more at risk of heart attacks after heavy snowfall.

thanks

Bhuvana

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps: 14,000 ( 10 / 14 of 31 )
Burn: 2,200 ( 7 / 14 of 31)

THREE days in a row - and I lost another pound!  WOOT-WOOT!

Best Answer

Okay, after a long drive, and having to prepare for my meeting tomorrow, I'm short some steps.  Not as many as I thought though so I'm dressed for the fitness center and off I go.  I got a new laptop for work this week and I made a point to take the dongle out before I gave back the old one.  I actually have Windows 10 on this so I might be able to figure out how to sync it later.

For now though, the steps...

Best Answer

Completed the steps for today, March 15th.

15/15 👍

Best Answer

13/15 of 31

I love this.  But I don't like the times I just do steps in the house - not nearly the same as walking fast outside.

I did do the active minutes too. And the stairs.  Got the green flashing thing again. I really do need to buy myself some stickers.  Or fireworks.

Best Answer