Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 12 for 15 out of 31

Burn: 12 for 15 out of 31

Lifting 10 out of 16 days.

Got the steps and lifting in but I chased that burn goal late night but fell a bit short. Looking forward to a non snow, non negative temp day tomorrow 🙂

Best Answer

@almost_where wrote:

Looking forward to a non snow, non negative temp day tomorrow 🙂

I am looking forward for a non snow day for my weekend but non negative, it's not possible for a while where I live.  Anyway hope is life. That's always there 🙂

Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps: 14,000 ( 11 / 15 of 31 )
Burn: 2,200 ( 8 / 15 of 31)

Alright, alright, alright!  Four days in a row.  This is happening...

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@almost_where - I know exactly how you feel.  That burn goal is the toughest one for me, and is always the last one I achieve for the day.  It's so bad now, that I'll do a 15 minute exercise video at 8:30 at night just to make sure I'm within 100 calories of my burn goal - and then go to sleep hoping that I'll burn the rest before midnight.  LOL!

Best Answer

@TravellingSunny

ya totally, it can really be evasive that burn goal. Before I mention this tip, I take no responsibility if any of your neighbors or friends see you do this so proceed at your own risk. During this winter I have frequently relied on walking indoor loops inside my place to get steps in. When I do a basic arm swing, hands down by side, the calorie burn is kinda low. If you bend your elbows at 90 degrees and get a good power arm swing in things start to get interesting regarding the burn. If you  lift your hand all the way up high like you are grabbing a piece of fruit off a top branch then pull down for EACH step its amazing how many more calories you burn. Just try not to let people see ya doing it.

Best Answer

@almost_where Interesting tips.  I have been walking or running up and down the steps, often with light weights in my hands, doing curls.  The weights help, but I tire more easily.  Reaching up sounds good.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

@almost_where My husband is going out this evening with his mother, so I'm totally trying this out tonight while I'm home alone... with the blinds closed, of course.  🙂  Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer

Steps: 13 for 16 out of 31

Burn: 12 for 16 out of 31

Best Answer

Last night around 11 PM , Completed my goal and saw all green flashing stars ...It's really hard this week. Anyway still happy to get that 16/16 out of 31. 🙂

Bhuvana

Best Answer

Steps: 13 for 17 out of 31

Burn: 12 for 17 out of 31

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

18/31

8/14

So even though I had a lot of driving this week I also had tons of walking during my trip.  So I'm still on track for the month.  🙂

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps: 14 for 18 out of 31

Burn: 13 for 18 out of 31

Best Answer

Steps: 15 for 19 out of 31

Burn: 14 for 19 out of 31

Best Answer

Crazy weekend and didn't walk enough, didn't post.

14/19 of 31

I've been missing my green lights flashing 😞

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

19/31

9/14

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Finally! It was 75 yesterday not a cloud in the sky.

Friday 10.8 k steps, 8 floors

Sat 10.3 k, 15 floors

Sunday 14.4 k, 59 floors, 6.6 miles, 

Monday is supposed to be 85 degrees, better walk early.

Best Answer

Completed steps for 17th, but not on last two days. Driven almost 9 hours each day for a wedding. So cannot achieve any of the set of goals. Normal week is back and will try to get back on track 🙂

17/19 out of 31

Best Answer

15/20 of 31

Got the green flashing tonight 🙂   It really helps to go to the gym early in the morning.  Got the juices flowing for the day.  And getting a decent night's sleep helped.

Best Answer

Back on track! Completed the step goal. (13k steps) 🙂 started my spring yoga session. An hour of yoga. Really helps.

18/20. 

Bhuvana

Best Answer

Steps: 16 for 20 out of 31

Burn: 15 for 20 out of 31

Lifting 11 out of 16 days.

Needed 2 late afternoon coffees to wake up and git it in gear.

Best Answer