Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Madness 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for March, 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
165 REPLIES 165

16/21  Got the flashing green again!!  Smiley Happy  (I really am normally very mature!)

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

Me too 🙂 got all flashing green for today.

19/21. 

Best Answer

10,000 Steps | 4k Burn | 16 lifting days

Steps: 17 for 21 out of 31

Burn: 15 for 21 out of 31

Lifting 12 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

@almost_where - I didn't log in here over the weekend, but wanted to thank you for the tip about lifting my arms when I'm walking.  I had a real epiphany - or maybe I'll just call it a "DUH" moment.  Because my heart rate totally increased when I was lifting my arms, I realized that my problem with the burn goal wasn't the steps - it was the intensity of my steps.  Makes perfect sense, and why I wasn't seeing that before it beyond me.

But, other than yesterday - when I totally fell off the wagon - I've hit my burn goal every single day since you mentioned this.  Thank you!!!

And, regarding my weight loss pictures - I can't believe what a difference 18 pounds makes!!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

March Goals:

Steps: 14,000 ( 16 / 21 of 31 )
Burn: 2,200 ( 13 / 21 of 31)

I didn't hit my goals yesterday, but I hit nine consecutive days up until then, so I'm calling it a win.

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

14 lifting days (this is Wed/Fri/Sun)

22/31

10/14

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for today. For some reason, I am short on calorie burn. Still I am happy to finish my goal steps.

20/22 

Best Answer

Steps: 18 for 22 out of 31

Burn: 16 for 22 out of 31

Lifting 13 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

yesterday was 17/22

I am stunned by how much just this level of accountability works for me.  I no longer have those negative thoughts - it's too cold, I'm too tired, I have too much to do, after lunch, after dinner, tomorrow, etc etc.   Yeah, I got the procrastination badge.  I'm getting more done now that I'm doing this too.  (which is something I always told others, but never followed myself)

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc wrote:

yesterday was 17/22

I am stunned by how much just this level of accountability works for me.  

I agree. The accountability is the huge factor for me too. Even though I have been following this step goal challenge for the last few months, I was stepping away. But glad I challenged myself. So even if I am tired, I push myself to get it done. I love this. 🙂 Thanks to every one of you. 

Best Answer

Lord, I haven't posted in forever!! I have been stepping, though!

21/22 of 31, so far. Had one day of just complete slothfulness. I got better :).

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

23/31

10/14

Like others have said, I like the idea of posting a little more often, just on our daily goals.  I usually try and knock the targets off by 6pm.  Then I allow myself to relax and do other things.  Some nights though I'm talking myself into finishing up when it's only a couple of thousand steps. 

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Steps: 19 for 23 out of 31

Burn: 17 for 23 out of 31

Lifting 14 out of 16 days.

Come on March, warm up please! I have spring things I wanna get done.

Best Answer

Completed the step goal for today and happy to see flashing green in all aspects :).

21/23 out of 31

Best Answer

@almost_where wrote:

Come on March, warm up please! I have spring things I wanna get done.

I am thinking like, ya.. it's finally above 0, so spring is here.. until I saw outside. It's SNOWING.... frustrated... I think at least 5 - 6 cm on ground... 😞  hope this would be the last snowy day 

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

24/31

11/14

Best Answer

Steps: 20 for 24 out of 31

Burn: 18 for 24 out of 31

Lifting 14 out of 16 days.

Best Answer

Completed the goal steps. All green flashing...😀

22/24 out of 31.

Best Answer

oops - haven't updated.

20/25 

@almost_where  I think the weather heard your plea.  At least here it has warmed up.  

Best Answer

15,000 steps a day

25/31

11/14

I have to go into work tomorrow, so the steps I will likely be able to manage.  I don't want to get up and go in super early (the weekends I try not to set my alarm to get a decent amount of sleep) but if I don't I could be there late.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.  🙂

Best Answer