Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 2/31

2) 2/27

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I'm going to bump my daily goal to 10k steps. 

10k steps - 2/31 

Adding a goal...84 oz of water per day.  0/31 so far. Working on it.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Evening all!

12.5k steps: 2/31

Running: 1/14 

Best Answer

Completed my step goal and went for a 45 mins run.

step goal 12k: 2/31

Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 2 for 2 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 1 for 2 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 2 out of 16 days.

Nutritio Goal: 2 out of 31 days

Daily Checkin: 2 out of 31 days

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

I'm in:

Steps: 20K/day for 25 days

Lifting: 14 days (may update this one - still working on my plan for the month)

2/25

1/14

Lunch walk led to a good step day yesterday.  Lifting day, today (posting this made me remember to pull out my gym bag to take with me to work!)

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

May 1 Steps, 11 k, 5.7 miles, 80 floors

May 2 steps 12.5k, 5.6 miles, 13 floors

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

1) 3/31

2) 3/27

Best Answer

Completed step goal for today. Today , a beautiful day. Rain returns tomorrow. 😞 

I want to add one more goal for this month. Either a walk or a run for at least 30 minutes. I want to have some kind of accountability for this.

step goal 12k - 3/3 out of 31.

Walk/Run - 3/3.

Best Answer

1) steps 3/31

2) water 1/31

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 3 for 3 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 2 for 3 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 2 out of 16 days.

Nutritio Goal: 3 out of 31 days

Daily Checkin: 3 out of 31 days

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

I'm in:

Day 3

3/25

2/14

Two workouts into a new weight-lifting routine this month.  The first 10 workouts (planned for M,W,F) go through the first three weeks of the month, and I hope to add another short workout on Sundays after the water exercise class I take with my wife at the gym.  Little sore because of different body movements from the routine I finished last week.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

3/31 with 10,000+ steps for the day. I've been playing around with getting 15,000 steps a day, did that the last couple days. I'm not entirely sure it's sustainable, but, I'm going to try it for a bit. It looks like I have to get close to 20,000 steps to hit the burn goal that Fitbit has for me. It'll be awhile before I start getting that every day again. 

3/31 days with 30 active minutes. I've already got 14 of today's active minutes, I'll catch the remaining 16 this evening. 

Best Answer

I am so happy that I completed my step goal this early on a week day! Thanks to 45 mins walk during my lunch break. 🙂 

Steps 12 K: 4/4 

Walk/Run: 4/4

Best Answer

I'd like to join this Challenge. I've been having trouble meeting my step goal lately, so maybe the extra accountability will give me a little more motivation. 🙂 I have a 13.5K step goal and plan to have 10 strength training days during May. (I'm just getting started with that and having trouble making myself actually do it.) 

1- Steps= 2/31

2- Strength training= 0/10

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

1) 4/31

2) 4/27

We're having horribly stormy weather and I've been struggling with a migraine all day.  It lessened in th early evening so I did my workout but now I can feel it creeping back.  Sigh...

Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 4 for 4 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 3 for 4 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 3 out of 16 days.

Nutritio Goal: 4 out of 31 days

Daily Checkin: 4 out of 31 days

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

@Baltoscott wrote:

I'm in:

Day 4
4/25
2/14

Storms in the area may frustrate my step goal for Day 5 ....

IMG_1083.PNG

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

We're having horribly stormy weather and I've been struggling with a migraine all day.  It lessened in th early evening so I did my workout but now I can feel it creeping back.  Sigh...

I feel the same, but it's Friday. That makes me little happy. It's unbelievable everywhere. Lot of evacuation due to flooding... Continuous rain for next 4 days. Expected another up to 100 mm . So most of my walking today will be in indoors :(. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, just got back from visiting Canada actually - Vancouver - plenty of opportunity to smash the 10k around that beautiful City and came away inspired.  I've only just started FitBit and my May challenge is:

10k steps

2 weekly cardio workouts x 45 minutes (rowing, cycling, running, kettlebells).  Apart from flying home to UK 2nd May I've managed so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes