Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

Day Five:

10,000 Steps: 5/31
50 miles of running: 9.1/50

I've been on holiday this week, so rather than being content with 10k/day, I've pushed on. For the first time in a "Workweek Hustle", I've broken the 100k mark. Five hours to go and I'm at 111k. I don't think there's much more moving left in me today though!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

1- Steps (Goal 13.5K) = 3/31

2- Strength training= 0/10

Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 5 for 5 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 4 for 5 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 4 out of 16 days.

Nutritio Goal: 5 out of 31 days

Daily Checkin: 5 out of 31 days

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
@Baltoscott wrote:

I'm in:

Steps: 20K/day for 25 days

Lifting: 14 days (may update this one - still working on my plan for the month)

Day 5

5/25

3/14

Didn't think I would make the step goal with all the rain yesterday, but it changed from downpour in the morning to overcast in the afternoon, and I was able to bike downtown to meet with my wife and some friends that invited us to go to the baseball game last night.  The bike ride plus a fair amount of walking from the pub where we all met up to the stadium and around the stadium during the game got me over goal!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I want to add one more goal for this month. Either a walk or a run for at least 30 minutes. I

step goal 12k - 3/3 out of 31.

Walk/Run - 3/3.

Completed the step goal for May 5th. Ran on Treadmill as heavy rain continues....

Steps 12 K - 5/5

Walk/Run - 5/5 

Best Answer

1- Steps (Goal 13.5K) = 4/31

Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 6 for 6 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 5 for 6 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 4 out of 16 days.

Nutritio Goal: 6 out of 31 days

Daily Checkin: 6 out of 31 days

rain rain go away

Best Answer

Day Six:

10,000 Steps: 5/31
50 miles of running: 9.1/50

Sorry team, I've let us all down.

At the end a busy week, yesterday involved a 9 hour journey. By the time I got home, I just didn't have the energy for 10,000 steps. I managed 8,500 and went to bed.

Today however is a new day and a new start, I'm back on it!

Best Answer

Goals for the month

For 6th May

step goal 12k -  yes - 6/6 out of 31 days

Walk/Run for 30 mins. - NO -- Busy with house chores ... 😞 5/6

Best Answer

Day Seven:

10,000 steps: 6/31

50 miles of running: 12.5/50

I hope I've redeemed myself after yesterday's laziness by putting in almost 27k steps today. Lovely walk in the spring sunshine. 

Best Answer

@Dave001 -- 9 hours of traveling takes it out of all of us.  You are correct, though, it's a new day today and time to get back at it! 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
@Baltoscott wrote:

I'm in:

Steps: 20K/day for 25 days

Lifting: 14 days (may update this one - still working on my plan for the month)

Reporting yesterday's numbers:

Day 6

6/25

3/14

I've got my weights done this morning at the gym, but drowned my backup Charge HR in the pool.  Yes, I know I'm not suppose to wear it in the pool, but my wife has been getting away with it with her HR for over a year and I thought ....  well, first time I tried, and it's dead.  That will teach me to not abuse my tracker!  Letting it dry out before putting it back on the charger and trying to restart it.  So anyway, CH2 is back on my wrist, but I'm way behind my step goal today.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

@Dave001 -- 9 hours of traveling takes it out of all of us.  You are correct, though, it's a new day today and time to get back at it! 

Thanks @Baltoscott!

Well and truly back at it today. 

This morning I ran for 31 minutes at 9'24" pace (slow for "real" runners, but I'm still plodding along with a BMI of 32!).

This afternoon I went hill walking for three hours. 

Step count today >27k, so I feel I've atoned for yesterday's sin!

Best Answer

I ran 18 k this morning in slight drizzle through a trail. It was beautiful lush green everywhere. At times, Sun came out and teasing us. It was a good run. So finished my step goal and walk/run activity early. 

Steps 12k - 7/7

Walk/Run - 6/7 

@Dave001 wrote:

This morning I ran for 31 minutes at 9'24" pace (slow for "real" runners, but I'm still plodding along with a BMI of 32!).

@Dave001: Some real runners slower than you too.. I am in that category. So pace is not a matter. If you continue to run, you will definitely improve your pace! I know I have improved my pace a lot when compared to couple of years ago. Consistency is key here. 

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 7/31

2) 6/27

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

10k Step Goal: 7 for 7 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 6 for 7 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 4 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 6 for 7 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 7 for 7 out of 31

Best Answer

I am a little bit late joining this, but I hope that's ok! Because of this, my total will be out of 24. I have had my Fitbit for a few years now, but have never used the community function. So here goes nothing.

Goals:

12k Steps: 23/24 days

Log my food, and be "in the zone": 20/24 days (I'm getting married this month, so will need a few days off!).

Good luck to everyone!

Best Answer

Not a great day today. 

It's 11pm here, I've just got home from work, I haven't eaten since lunch and I've only managed 7000 steps. 

I could go back out and round up to 10k, but I just don't want to. I'm going to eat, shower and sleep. 

I've been rather irritated by a member of our community in another thread. I'm a big fan of the mutually supportive nature of this small family and the presence of a blatant salesman has got my back up rather more than it should. 

I think it might be best if I keep away for a few days. 

Best Answer

Completed my step goal. It's been a long day. Don't want to go for the yoga today. All together, not a good day. Lot of things happening around me. 😞 Bit frustrated and annoyed. Didn't do my walking today as mild flurries occur all day long. We are in May... still flurries

Step goal 12k - 8/8

Walk/Run - 6/8

Best Answer

1- Steps (Goal 13.5K) = 5/31

Did not meet my goal yesterday. I worked with my husband removing wooden floor tiles. Not a lot of steps, but a very exhausting job. I have several large blisters on my hands and very sore arms/back. I was okay with getting only 9000+ steps. 🙂 

I did meet my goal today. 🙂 

Best Answer