Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

Cold & windy yesterday, but a good day walking.

Steps 14.6, 42 floors, 6.6 miles

Town day today not sure how my steps will be.

Best Answer

Day 25: Cold, wind and rainy day! Still went for a good half an hour of brisk walk. Completed the goal steps. 

Steps (12 k) : 22/25

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 19/25 

Best Answer

Completed the goal step for day 26. Rainy day and little bit cold too.. Had a short walk for half an hour. 

Steps (12 k) : 23/26

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 20/26

Best Answer

Goal:
Steps: 20K/day for 25 days
Lifting: 14 days

Made goal on the 25th and 26th.  

The 26th was eventful.  Spending the weekend with friends at the shore and managed to flip myself off my bike at low speed when I was looking back for my buddy.  Wound up with a bloody knee and a bruised thigh and a messed up fender on the bike.  The bleeding looked a lot worse than it was, but the bruised thigh had me pretty gimpy the rest of the day.  Fortunately the gimp/limp doesn't seem to lasting.  Fixed the bike up this morning and my wife and  I peddled down to the Starbucks for a coffee.  Everything seeems to be functioning as it should 🙂

25/25
13/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Day Twenty Seven:

10,000 steps: 25/31
50 miles of running: 55.7/50

Shift pattern not conducive to running for a couple of days, but keeping going with the 10k/day.

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Goal:

Day 27 -- got the last 500 steps in the bedroom!

26/25 

13/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Town days, must limit them or figure out how to increase my steps. 5/25 was a Dr. recheck, got released back to more normal work. She did say that I need to give up my Piano Moving job, ha!

5/25 steps 8.8k, 7 floors, 4 miles

5/26 steps 11.7 k, 18 floors, 5.3 miles

5/27 steps 5.6 k, 11 floors, 2.5 miles

I'm sure June will be a better month, who's running the challenge?

Best Answer

Day Twenty Eight:

10,000 steps: 26/31
50 miles of running: 59.5/50

It still stings that I've dropped a couple of days of consistency this month. Next month I'll be making extra effort to hit 10k/day. 

Just a short run this evening. I've had quite a busy weekend, so wasn't really feeling it, but thought I'd go and plod a few miles just to keep some kind of consistency to my new running habit. I've no idea what happened, but as soon as I started, I felt amazing. The tiredness just fell away. I normally plod away at 9:30 - 10:15 mins/mile.

Tonight I ran 3.8 miles in 33:26. That's a pace of 8:47/mile!

I have no idea how or why that happened and to be honest, I don't care. I'm just riding the high!

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 28 

27/25 

13/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day 27: Completed my steps and active minutes. Happy to cross the finish line for 10 k even though the time was not good. Literally struggled with my fever and cough. So lot of walking in between. But survived! 🙂

Steps (12 k) : 24/27

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 21/27

Day 28: Had to take care of some of house chores garden/back yard. Didn't do any active walk or run. Completed my goal steps around 10 PM (literally racing around my bed for my final 2500 steps) 😞

Steps (12 k) : 25/28

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 21/28

@Dave001: That's an excellent pace! Hats off to you!

@benvegi: Health comes first. I think you should take it easy. 

Best Answer

Thank you @Bhuvana, I still have no idea how that happened!

I have a very rare Saturday off work this week, so will be going to my local parkrun with the hope of putting in a good time. 

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is my "weekend", so I'll be putting in my long run for the week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

10k Step Goal:  27 for 28 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 21 for 28 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 15 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 25 for 28 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 19 for 28 out of 31

My bad for not checking in this past week, no excuses.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Thanks, I am taking it easy with much of my work around the place. My wonderful wife helps me as I heal, today we replace some storm damaged fence, then she made me quit early and take it easy. 

The daily walks seem to be a good thing, even Dr. approved. Makes me feel better too.

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 29/31

2) 25/27

I'll have to think about my June goals.  I have a couple of days travel where I may have no control over my schedule.  I also have an in-plant visit for a week where I may or not get many steps.  I'm going to have a lot of OT, and I have a ton of garden work that I'm not sure when I'm going to get it done.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@benvegi- pretty much anyone can start the June challenge.  I've been doing it the last couple of months, but anyone can start it.  June should be easy (I'm thinking 'Jumpin June' or something like that), you just copy the first post, modify it as needed and hit post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

May 28, steps 13.2, 43 floors, 5.9 miles

5/29, steps 15.6, 90 floors, 7 miles

Not sure how I got 90 floors, my 2.5 mile walk accounted for 45 floors, the rest apparently came from all the garden work and cleaning up flood damage. I was up and down on the tractor quite a bit. It is a bit hilly here.

Best Answer

May Mania is nearly over!

Goal:

Day 29 

28/25 

14/14

I went to the gym yesterday (Memorial Day) to get in my last lifting day for the month, and noticed that the place was almost empty at around 2 pm.  I thought, hmm, this would be a GREAT time to come in the future, no waiting etc. ...  About 10 minutes later one of the employees approached me as I was finishing up a set and said, "Um, Sir.  We're closed.  I let you stay longer than anyone else, but, you need to leave now."  
Oops.  Guess I should have paid attention to the holiday signage when I came in.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day Thirty:

10,000 steps: 28/31
50 miles of running: 69.5/50

Just got in from a really great ten mile run. I did it in 1 hour 33. Pace was 9:18min/mile. I'm definitely getting quicker.

I've hit upon an important discovery! I noticed that when running starts to get uncomfortable, slowing down doesn't make it any better. Tonight I tried a little experiment and found that speeding up doesn't make it any worse. 

So if it's going to hurt anyway, it may as well be a decent time!

Best Answer

Day 29: Completed my goal steps. Didn't go out for a walk or run. All day it was drizzling and cold. 

Steps (12 k) : 26/29

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 21/29

Day 30: Dropped my car for oil change early in the morning and had a time to go for a brisk walk for 30 minutes. Nice day to do so.. Completed the step goal.

Steps (12 k) : 27/30

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 22/30

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 30/31

2) 26/27

One more day, and OMG - it's June!

Best Answer