Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

Good day for goals! Busy weekend! Haven't even started the yard work yet. 😞 

Steps (12 k) : 18/20

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 15/20 

Best Answer

I love that the aim of the game is consistency!

If it was just about hitting my 10,000 steps x 31 times, I'd have hit the target of 310,000 steps this month days ago!

But it isn't. It's about forming habits. Healthy habits. And this thread is really helping me hold myself to account. I'm really disappointed that I've missed my 10,000 steps/day twice this month already. Next month I shall be redoubling my efforts.

So thanks to you all for helping! 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Goal:
Steps: 20K/day for 25 days
Lifting: 14 days

Day 21
10/25
11/14

Days 20 and 21 were a success.  Didn't win any money at the track on Friday, but had fun checking out all the folks in funny hats.  Off to the gym to do my weights and a water aerobics class with my wife.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I am mostly frustrated with my lack of activity. Feel pretty good but Dr.'s orders severely limit my activities, no riding/push mowing, no tractor work, lifting limit 15 lbs. When I asked the Dr. about walking he said, "well, not strenuous walking"!   All for two weeks.  I often get 10 k steps before noon just working around the acreage. My time limit ends on the 25th with post surgery checkup. Today I took a long walk up and down our hills and did some minor gardening. Over 12 k so far.

And, yes, the medical people are not used to fit people! My wife & I were an anomaly given our weight/height ratios. My Dr. is fit, but most of the other folks in there were not.  Really glad I had outpatient surgery rather than having to stay over. 

Glad you got out a day early from your surgery. Nice to be fit isn't it?

Best Answer

Day Twenty Two:

10,000 steps: 20/31
50 miles of running: 52.4/50 👍🏻

It might be very early on day 22, but I've hit my daily steps goal for the day already, but rather more exciting is the news that following a lovely ten mile run this morning, I've hit my monthly goal of 50 miles of running!

I'm feeling great! The ten miler was hard, but not punishingly so. I'm really feeling the rewards of better diet, lower body weight and increased fitness. 

Best Answer

Another busy week with ups and downs on step goals. Friday & Saturday had a Graduation to attend out of state, lots of car time, few steps. Did better for the other days.

5/17 steps 11.4 k, 39 floors, 5 miles

5/18 steps 10.7 k, 51 floors, 4.8 miles

5/19 4.2 k

5/20 4.7 k

5/21 steps 12.4 k, 39 floors, 5.6 miles

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 22/31

2) 19/27

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

I know I am late in reporting for day 21. I was on tennis court with my daughter for a tournament, most of Sunday. So completely missed my goal. I was short of 2500 steps, but don't have energy to finish it. 

Day 22 - Yesterday, it was a good day most of the part. Did some yard work and prepared my vegetable bed for planting. Usually I would have done my garden work by this time of the year. 

This is the 3rd time I missed my mark for this month. 

Steps (12 k) : 19/22

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 16/22 

Best Answer

Finally! Back in the game. Got some work done around the place and took a great walk up the hill for about an hour. 

5/22 steps 14.1 k, 41 floors, 6.4 miles

Have a great day everyone. 

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 22
21/25
12/14

Hmmm -- According to my lifting plan I'm supposed to take the rest of the week off and start the next routine on Memorial day.  That probably won't happen because I'll be in the car coming home from the beach, but maybe I can work it in.  I think I'll do an aerobic lifting cycle tomorrow so I can hit my May Mania goal without submarining my rest goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@benvegi - nice set of floors @Bhuvana.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
Thanks. Have 62 floors today. Lots of hills on my walk.
Best Answer

Benvegi, that is so different from my walking circumstance. I really wish I could leave off 'floors'. I have no stairs at home, no stairs at work and pretty much no elevation change to speak of at either home or work. (I live in Florida, it's pretty flat) The only way I can get my 1 floor in my typical day to day life is if I use my husbands stepper thing. You know, one of those stationary things that is essentially a step stool you step up and back off of. I have to do that about 30 times while swinging my arms wildly to get it to count as one flight of stairs. Way more effort than an actual flight of stairs. Today it didn't even register and I gave up.. lol

I'm keeping up on my 10,000 steps a day, I'm 23/31 so far. I'm 22 out of 31 for my half hour of activity a day. I had a bit of trouble getting my fluids in today. Just couldn't talk myself into it till later, so, now I won't get enough sleep.. lol Oh well, definitely getting the hang of this though. 🙂

Best Answer

Hit the target in all aspects. After a long time, I saw flashing green screen in my app :). Felt really good.

It was a beautiful day and went for a run. 

Steps (12 k) : 20/23

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 17/23 

Best Answer

Hello @JenniferinFL & @benvegi,

I Fitbit with a Zip, so don't know how many "floors" I climb, but on my long run this week, I knew it was more than a few!

Hilly Ten Miler!Hilly Ten Miler!

The big climb at the start had me swearing like a sailor who'd stubbed his toe after being denied shore leave!

But an hour after finishing, it didn't seem so bad and I was already planning next week's long run!

Best Answer

@JenniferinFL  @Dave001Dave001

Dave, that's a lot of floors, looks like one of my walks. Jennifer, I live in the Missouri Ozarks and live in a valley, either way I go on my road I'll get at least 37 floors on my walk. My yard is not level, my house has 2 sets of stairs, even walking from the barn to the house (300') I'll get 2 floors, shop to house 1 floor. 

Best Answer

I love getting floors in.  I work on the 7th (top) floor of my building at work and generally I get the full walk up and down at least three times/day.  Often more.  And I've found some very hilly routes for my daily bike commutes.  

So yesterday was day 23 ...

Goal:

And so far ...
22/25
12/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day Twenty Five:

10,000 steps: 23/31
50 miles of running: 55.7/50 

Lovely hot day today. Set myself a mini-goal of getting my 10k by Noon. I did it. Just!

Now for a relaxing afternoon in the sun. A rare treat during May in the UK!

:united_kingdom:😎

Best Answer

Goal:

Got my cardio/lifting in on day 23; almost have that goal.

23/25
13/14

Today (day 24) is wet and rainy.  We'll see how it goes.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day 24: Completed my step goal and active minutes. Everyone @ home is sick and wish I would not get that cold and cough. I am fighting hard (already sore throat) as my 10 k race is this weekend! 😞 Fingers crossed. 

Steps (12 k) : 21/24

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 18/24 

Best Answer