Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

Completed the step goal for day sixteen. Also did my 6k run. It's a sticky day with humidex reaching 34 C and also high uv index. So Sunscreen time? ... probably... 

Steps (12 k) : 14/16

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 11/16

Best Answer

The hernia surgery slowed me down more than I expected.  

5/12 steps 2.7 k

5/13 steps 4.2 k

5/14 steps 8 k

5/15 steps 4.8 k

5/16 5.2 k

No point in putting up the miles and floors.  I will get back to my goals pretty quick now that I am healing. 

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  16 for 17 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 13 for 17 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 10 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 15 for 17 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 16 for 17 out of 31

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Day Eighteen:

10,000 steps: 16/31
50 miles of running: 38.9/50

I've just got in from a 9.4 mile run that felt really good. 91 minutes. I was a bit heavy legged during mile 7, but other than that it was great. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

Gonna be a hot one in DC today (90s and humid!).  But not so bad now, so I'm going for a bit of a walk before getting down to work.

Goal:
Steps: 20K/day for 25 days
Lifting: 14 days

Day 16
15/25
9/14

And more of the same heat today. Both goals met yesterday.  I was a bit drained after my bike ride home but meat mushroom onion and tomato sauce on spiralized zucchini and a beer cleared that right up.  

Day 17

16/25

10/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

17/31 days with 10,000 steps

16/31 days with 30 minutes of activity

I wonder if I should add a goal for eating at a deficit? Something like 26 days a month at a 1000 calories deficit and and 4 or 5 days a month where I am even or at a smaller deficit. 

I had found some people to compete with on the app and did 20,000 steps a few days in a row. That was fun. 

Best Answer

Completed my goal for day 17th. It was humid and sticky! Same kind of weather continues today 😞

Steps (12 k) : 15/17

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 12/17

Best Answer

When I read about the variety of extreme weather some of you have to contend with, it makes me glad I live here in the south of the UK.

We really do have "Goldilocks" weather.

It's never too hot, never too cold. It's just right.

It's never too wet, never too dry. It's just right. 

Considering we have such temperate (one might even say boring!) weather, we spend an awful lot of time talking and moaning about it!

Best Answer

In just 2 hours, the temperature literally dropped from 36 C to  22 C. With some lightning and thunderstorm, rain started and heavy downpour for at least 30 mins. Complete cool down for tonight. 

Here in Canada, we complain about everything. From dry windchill cold, snow to extreme hot weather. So will not be a boring thing. 🙂

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  17 for 18 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 14 for 18 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 11 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 16 for 18 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 17 for 18 out of 31

Best Answer

Completed step goal for day 18. Made a stupid mistake. Went for a run when the temp for peaking to 36 C. Paid the price with some sun burn and severe headache. Don't know what was I thinking.... 

Steps (12 k) : 16/18

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 13/18 

Best Answer

@Bhuvana wrote:

Completed step goal for day 18. Made a stupid mistake. Went for a run when the temp for peaking to 36 C. Paid the price with some sun burn and severe headache. Don't know what was I thinking.... 

Steps (12 k) : 16/18

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 13/18 

Oy -- been close to that hot around here the last couple of days and will be hot again today when I'm at the track for Black Eyed Susan day (Pre-Preakness at Pimlico in Baltimore).  Feel sorry for the horses but for them the races are pretty short so maybe its not too bad.  Temps will drop  to 70s tomorrow for Preakness so better for the horses.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 18
17/25
10/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for Day 19th and also with active minutes. Totally contrast today. 19 C with some cool breeze. Busy with personal errands and appointments. Perfect day for run, but didn't go for it. 

Steps (12 k) : 17/19

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 14/19 

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 19
18/25
11/14

Got a bike ride and my lifting in done in the morning and then spend the day walking around the track at "pre-Preakness" in Baltimore.  Wife Jane got into the "spirts" at the track and tried to take over as the Black Eyed Susan vendor.

Jane gets a new jobJane gets a new job

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day Twenty:

10,000 steps: 18/31
50 miles of running: 42.4/50

Just a short run after work today. Now I'm studying my map to plan my Sunday walk!

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  18 for 19 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 14 for 19 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 12 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 17 for 19 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 18 for 19 out of 31

Burn goal can be a real pita some days.

Best Answer

19 days at 10K + steps

18 days with at least 30 active minutes.. 

Having a heck of a time talking myself into doing anything today. We have an older AC unit and the best it's doing today is 85 degrees in the house. It's 91 outside and muggy. 

Only have 1500 steps in so far today. Hoping it cools down a bit later. 

Best Answer

@benvegi  - the last surgery I had (granted it was a kidney removal) I definitely wasn't worry about steps, so you're allowed to give yourself a break. I think at the time they were surprised in the hospital because you know, obese people don't move around well (or so they think). The day after my surgery I was supposed to get up and walk to the nurses station. I left the nurse behind and turned the wrong way so walked completely around the floor. That resulted in me going home a day earlier than they expected.

@JenniferinFL- you can set any goal you want. I'm actually thinking (if I end up being the person who starts the challenge in June) of changing the title a bit. We're all setting our own personal challenges. Although steps are part of it, for those looking to lose weight it's about building and maintaining new habits overall.

@Baltoscott- must have been the day for drinks yesterday. I had the day off and came home and mixed up some low-cal coolers. I don't usually drink low-cal sodas but I made my own with Torani sugar-free lime syrup, dessicated lime, and vodka. It wasn't bad, but today after working outside in the garden I mixed it up - just syrup and lime juice.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 20/31

2) 18/27

It's been a busy week and I've either got a cold or an allergy attack.  I was feeling a bit better and bought a number of things to plant.  Today though I got into the weeding and cleaning up and don't have as much energy as I should.  I could have probably done another hour tonight and had the front done but I just couldn't do it.  I'm going to get to bed early tonight to see if I can get more done before I go to take my mother out to lunch.

Best Answer