Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Mania 2017 Step Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for May 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency . So whether you do 100,1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable calories burned goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

5) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

6) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
168 REPLIES 168

10k Step Goal:  11 for 11 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 10 for 11 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 7 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 10 for 11 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 11 for 11 out of 31

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Completed the step goal for 11th day of the month. Also went for an hour of brisk walk. Also did couple of hours of yard work as Sun was out later in the day. Felt really good. Rain in the forecast from this afternoon until Monday. 

Steps (12 k) : 11/11

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 8/10

Best Answer

Goal:

Steps: 20K/day for 25 days
Lifting: 14 days

Day 11
11/25
6/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Completed my step goal for today and went for a nice 45 min brisk walk.

Steps (12 k) : 12/12

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 9/12

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  12 for 12 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 11 for 12 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 8 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 11 for 12 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 12 for 12 out of 31

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 12
11/25
7/14

Dang -- missed my step goal for the first time this month. Rain, computer time, and then dinner and a movie got in the way.  I had a nice little streak going too.  On the other hand, yesterday was also a lift day, and I did fit that in.  Not that it was really a conscious choice, but between the walking and lifting, the lifting is more important, so I'm glad I got that in.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day Thirteen:

10,000 steps: 11/31
50 miles of running: 29.5/50

Today's extra 3.1 miles of running was my local parkrun. 

If you haven't tried a parkrun yet, you really must. A completely free 5km run, organised by local volunteers every Saturday morning. Wonderful!

I got a new PB today. 26:36. Not too bad for a fat bloke in his mid-40s!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

2) 27 days strength training (6 days on, 1 day off)

1) 13/31

2) 12/27

Wow, it's been way too many days since I checked in.  I'm changing my work hours next week for a little while that I'm hoping will help.  I go in 2hrs early 2 days a week (and leave early) but this doesn't help if I end up staying late the night before.  I end up with very few hours at home before I need to try and get to sleep and I can't sleep.  So, for a couple of weeks to start with I'm going to do the early hours all 5 days - hoping that this will help my sleep patterns.

For June though I think I'm going to do a variable goal (ie. maybe higher on the weekend). I'm trying to clean up the house this weekend (don't laugh but the woman who cleans for me isn't well, and has become sporadic - and I tend to be more tidy when she's coming regularly) so I can start fitting in some yard work each afternoon when I get home.  Work may get extremely busy over the next two or three weeks to the point where I'll likely have to give up my weekends.  Oddly I have a booked 4-day weekend coming up but I don't know if I can avoid not working for 4 days.  Sigh....

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  13 for 13 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 11 for 13 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 8 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 12 for 13 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 13 for 13 out of 31

Best Answer

Goal:

Day 13
12/25
7/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

1) 14/31

2) 12/27

Best Answer

Confession time - Missed step goal for both the days and also no active minutes. 😞

Saturday, Yard work and spring cleaning in the house. My daughters treated me and my mother for nice mother's day dinner. So had a good time with them. No complaints. It was wonderful. 

Sunday, I didn't go for my regular long run. Instead stayed home and treated my mom with a special breakfast. Spring cleaning continued. 

So literally this morning, I reset my inspiration/Motivation button both on food and activity aspects. 🙂  I haven't missed my goal steps for a while. Last time, I missed was two months ago. 😞

Steps (12 k) : 12/14

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 9/14

Best Answer

Day Fifteen:

10,000 steps: 13/31
50 miles of running: 29.5/50

Today should've been a run day, but after an exhausting 13 hour day at work and an early (5am!) start tomorrow, I decided that dinner and sleep was a wiser choice!

I've just spent 5 minutes pacing the bedroom to reach my 10k (actually overdid it and hit 10,006!), because I'm already two days down this month and couldn't stand the thought of making it three!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Bhuvana - sounds like a full Mother's Day weekend.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Humph!  Forgot to check in yesterday ... well, back on track now.

Goal:

Day 15
14/25
9/14

Great weather yesterday and today.  Pity I have to work, but I'll still get a walk in at lunch and I already stretched out the morning bike ride a bit.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott: Yes I did enjoy the weekend! I love to be around my daughters all the time. Even though my older one lives 45 mins away from me, sometimes, I feel like she is in another province. 

Yes... 🙂 back on track. Completed my step goal and went for an hour of walk y'day. It was a beautiful day. It's going to be hot and sunny for next few days. Perfect day for gardening chores, but have to be @ work. Once again rain is coming back for this long weekend!. 😞

Steps (12 k) : 13/15

Walk/Run for min of 30 mins: 10/15

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  14 for 15 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 12 for 15 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 9 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 13 for 15 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 14 for 15 out of 31

Its amazing how fast a couple days can go by and then the daily check-in gets thrown off. I honestly thought in my head I was current.

Best Answer

1) 10,000 steps a day

1) 16/31

2) 14/27

Best Answer

10k Step Goal:  15 for 16 out of 31

04k Burn Goal: 12 for 16 out of 31

Lift Day Goal: 10 out of 16

Nutritio Goal: 14 for 16 out of 31

Daily Checkin: 15 for 16 out of 31

Best Answer

Gonna be a hot one in DC today (90s and humid!).  But not so bad now, so I'm going for a bit of a walk before getting down to work.

Goal:

Day 16
15/25
9/14

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer