Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medication and weight loss

Hi

I am a male, 60 years old and started using a Fitbit HR2 about 12 months ago following being diagnosed with high blood pressure and a heart that misses a beat every now and then.  I take medication for the blood pressure and also a tablet to thin my blood, not Warfrin.  I have also been diagnosed with PTSD and depression as a result of experiences as a police officer for 30 years.

My weight when I started was 20 stone 2 pounds and is currently 17 stone 8 pounds.  I count calories and walk in excess of 9500 steps per day.  My average calorie intake is around 1800 per day but I'm finding the weight loss very slow.  Any advice in how to quicken up the weight loss would be appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Losing slow is better as you will keep it off.

But we really need more info.

Its not about walking so many steps a day. Its what you put in your mouth that counts.

Is your 9500 a day just daily steps?

Do you go for a walk at all? How About strength training? Do you do any of that? It is needed especially at our age.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi

thank you for your reply. My steps do include a walk most days of about 60 minutes. Recently my step count has increased to around 12000 per day. I don’t do strength exercises, don’t like going to the gym at all. 

I try to eat properly and have reduced my alcohol intake substantially as I was diagnosed with PTSD and severe depression which was begging to manifest itself in excessive alcohol intake as well as continuous eating!

once again thanks for your interest and comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's two ways to increase your weight loss: eat less, or exercise more (or both).

Restricting calories is the most common method. It can reach a point where further reduction in calories isn't helping, or useful to keep activity levels up.  Then exercise can be added.

I would try and up the exercise by focusing on getting active minutes. Active minutes are awarded for heart rate exertion, no matter whether it's from walking, running, or pushing a mower. They're a really good way of improving your heart health. The guideline is for 30 active minutes per day. Try to increase your daily active minute goal by a few minutes each week. They will add up.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes