Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New App Functionality

ANSWERED
Wow, I just updated my app and got so excited. Love the addition of GPS for my runs, was getting so complicated have different apps all linking to each other and battling with each other to count my calories. I would love everything to be in one place. Sorry map my run. you're history. Now all I need is for fitbit to recognise my polar heart rate monitor. love you Fitbit xxx
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you try this?

1.  Open your Fitbit app (I'm using an iPhone)

2.  Scroll down to the little stopwatch (mine is right under the calories burned) and it's a blue icon

3.  Touch the icon or the little gray arrow to open

4.  You'll see a "page" that will say <Dashboard Exercise        (little Stopwatch icon) at the top. 

Below that, in black, it will say "Exercise Frequency" with calendar-type dots.

Below that, in white, you will or should see recent exercises you've listed.

5.   Scroll down to find the exercise, or touch the stopwatch icon, then LOG, and select or enter your

exercise.

I just tried it, entering "Sweeping garage, sidewalk...  and entered 5 minutes.  It seemed to work.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Very cool!  I just updated, too.  Did you see that they now have a food barcode scanner?  Haven't tried it yet, and I'm trying to eat more fresh fruits & veggies, but I'm still going to give it a try.

Best Answer

The updated app doesn't allow me to "add exercise/activity" like the old one did. there is no longer a "+" sign in upper right to add exercise. I was able to add using my desktop but am I missing something here? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try this?

1.  Open your Fitbit app (I'm using an iPhone)

2.  Scroll down to the little stopwatch (mine is right under the calories burned) and it's a blue icon

3.  Touch the icon or the little gray arrow to open

4.  You'll see a "page" that will say <Dashboard Exercise        (little Stopwatch icon) at the top. 

Below that, in black, it will say "Exercise Frequency" with calendar-type dots.

Below that, in white, you will or should see recent exercises you've listed.

5.   Scroll down to find the exercise, or touch the stopwatch icon, then LOG, and select or enter your

exercise.

I just tried it, entering "Sweeping garage, sidewalk...  and entered 5 minutes.  It seemed to work.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Is the app only updated for iPhone users? Some of my friends have android and cannot see the new functions
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am beyond excited about this, like you, I would prefer to have everything in one app too!  Bye bye My Fitness Pal and Map My Walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure about the Android app.  I'm sure someone else will have an answer to that 🙂

All the best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung /// and have loaded the latest FitBit app.  No icon or pulldown anywhere where I can start an activity or record my walk...

@Potsyhen wrote:
Wow, I just updated my app and got so excited. Love the addition of GPS for my runs, was getting so complicated have different apps all linking to each other and battling with each other to count my calories. I would love everything to be in one place. Sorry map my run. you're history. Now all I need is for fitbit to recognise my polar heart rate monitor. love you Fitbit xxx

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Potsyhen wrote:
Is the app only updated for iPhone users? Some of my friends have android and cannot see the new functions

It takes time to update the Android OS app for compatibility with hundreds of variants. All we know is it's coming soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use Fitbit and Myfitnesspal syncing and the new Fitbit barcode scanner works well, but does not pass meal info to MFP.  You can, however, scan in MFP and the data summary WILL sync to FB!  I would love to wean myself off of MFP and be able to use one app, but I have a 75 day history, meal and food item collection on MFP and can't just abandon it.  I'm curious if bi-directional syncing of all data is in the cards for the future.

Best Answer

I wish the app would have the community and discussion access on there. It would make this so much easier. 

Best Answer
0 Votes