Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New To Community

ANSWERED

Hello, I have had a weight problem for about 3 years now, ever since my thyroid gland stopped working. I had my thyroid out last year but was feeling quite hopeless about my weight.I was always tired and never hungery and most days, I would go until  4 oclock in the afternoon before I relized I had nothing in my tummy but coffee. I read that I needed to eat something in order to get my metabolism going again,up to six small meals a day.But I just couldn't do it,I had gone so long without eating that the thought of food made me sick. So I ordered protine shakes and started drinking them for breakfast and lunch in place of the coffee and continued eating small portians for dinner.I don't count my cal's I just try to eat a varity of fresh fruit,veggies lean meat and take my meds everyday. I bought a Fitbit scale to track my weight and a HR bracelet to track my heart rate (I have a irregular heartbeat), activity and sleep. I started loseing weight almost immediately.I was 187 pounds 4 months ago and I am 166 today.I have been doing really good and am proud of myself but my progress has stopped. I have been at 166 pounds for 30 days now. I seem too have Plateaued out. I was looking at my fitbit dashboard and my lean body mass has dropped a considerable amount this month and my weight has stayed the same. Does anyone have any susgestions for me? I was thinking maybe I need to start lifting weights to build muscle and bring my lean mass back up. I know muscle burns calories? Up to now my exercise has just been walking.I am 50+ and walking is very hard for me due to a accident a few years back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @IBme!  Cat Happy  

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! We all hit a plateau at some point, but not to worry! I've found some groups that may provide some inside tips for you Smiley Happy

Hope this helps! Happy stepping! Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums @IBme!  Cat Happy  

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! We all hit a plateau at some point, but not to worry! I've found some groups that may provide some inside tips for you Smiley Happy

Hope this helps! Happy stepping! Cat Very Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Hello everyone.  My name is Scott and I joined the fitpal website today.  I am 55 years old and need to lose about 60lbs or so.  I have never really had to be on a diet or been on a diet before.  I have started this week with Nutrisystems.  I only bought a one week's supply of their food, and supplemental fruits and veggies at the store.  Does anyone here have any experience with Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @hopingtolose! I'll be glad to join you on your journey Smiley Very Happy

I have not used these products, but their caloric value is available on our Food Database.

Also, I recommend checking within your product's guide to see if they have any meal suggestions or Groups to join to get additional tips. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps! Happy stepping Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hopingtoloseI did Nutrisystem a long time ago. Sure it worked. But buying their food really didn't teach me portion control. I don't know if it has changed but Lunch was salad every day. That got old after a while. I need variety. I didnt eat salads for a long time after that. Smiley Sad

I do Weight Watchers now and you can eat what ever you want just need to make sure you use portion control. You eat real food not processed food. Tons of really good recipes out there as well.

Welcome to the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes