Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fitbit!

ANSWERED

Hey guys so I am new to Fitbit. I am getting married in October and even know I feel like i already look flawless (jk) i want to look absolutly amazing for my pictures and for my gorgeous fiance. I work at Victoria's secret so I am on my feet for 8 full hours of the day 5x a week. So i am pretty active but I need to drop around 50-75lbs! I'm hoping with challenging my friends and family that I can do enough cardio to slowly get there by October.

Does anyone have any tips?

Or does anyone want to fitbit challenge?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @redheadmermaid 

Since of being active in the week, would focus on changing food plan gradually.

Write down what you are eating on a week day / weekend (on paper) and log it afterwards in the food plan. This way it's possible to see what your food preferences are, and to compare with the total calories. Is it under / close or over the total calories to eat?

Slowly incorporate changes, like when noticing eating plenty of cookies for example. Change a few cookies for a piece of fruit (bananas, apples..). Aim to have 50% vegetables at dinner and eating protein (yoghurt, lean meat such as chicken, fish, cheese, whole grains..). This ensures your body gets all nutritients it needs and makes feeling satisfied for longer.

Making smaller changes over time, so your body can adjust.

When eating protein, fruits, vegetables.. it leads to eating less calories overall but having all nutritients the body needs, so it's unlikely to ask for more food if eating 'bad food' such as pizza, french fries,.. cause these are nutritient lacking. While it's allowed to eat all food, in moderation try eating natural whole foods first.

When wanting some pizza, cake, piece of chocolat.. allow to have. Since eating the 'healthier' foods first, it's then possible to be satisfied with for example a few slices of pizza instead..

There's no good or bad foods actually, but have everything in moderation. Don't forbid a certain food, you'll eventually be craving so much for to at a certain point eating plenty of it 'cause of having restricted it, rather allow to eat the certain food with care.

Try listening to your body, when it's satisfied (not being hungry) try not eating more regardless of allowed to eat 'x hundred' calories more.

Never skip breakfast, when not hungry just eat a little bit. Eat breakfast within a hour of waking up. When the body doesn't get food since the previous meal since the day before and after the night, it's been not getting any food during this time, when not eating breakfast, it thinks there's a food shortage and can stop sending out hunger / appetite signals, not feeling much hungry the whole day.

The body can begin to hold onto any food / energy it gets this way, lowering metabolism, burning fat less optimally, starting to use muscles as energy to ensure survival..

Protein is also used to repair muscles,.. so weight loss is more likely to come from body fat rather than muscles..

Enjoy reaching your goals. Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @redheadmermaid 

Since of being active in the week, would focus on changing food plan gradually.

Write down what you are eating on a week day / weekend (on paper) and log it afterwards in the food plan. This way it's possible to see what your food preferences are, and to compare with the total calories. Is it under / close or over the total calories to eat?

Slowly incorporate changes, like when noticing eating plenty of cookies for example. Change a few cookies for a piece of fruit (bananas, apples..). Aim to have 50% vegetables at dinner and eating protein (yoghurt, lean meat such as chicken, fish, cheese, whole grains..). This ensures your body gets all nutritients it needs and makes feeling satisfied for longer.

Making smaller changes over time, so your body can adjust.

When eating protein, fruits, vegetables.. it leads to eating less calories overall but having all nutritients the body needs, so it's unlikely to ask for more food if eating 'bad food' such as pizza, french fries,.. cause these are nutritient lacking. While it's allowed to eat all food, in moderation try eating natural whole foods first.

When wanting some pizza, cake, piece of chocolat.. allow to have. Since eating the 'healthier' foods first, it's then possible to be satisfied with for example a few slices of pizza instead..

There's no good or bad foods actually, but have everything in moderation. Don't forbid a certain food, you'll eventually be craving so much for to at a certain point eating plenty of it 'cause of having restricted it, rather allow to eat the certain food with care.

Try listening to your body, when it's satisfied (not being hungry) try not eating more regardless of allowed to eat 'x hundred' calories more.

Never skip breakfast, when not hungry just eat a little bit. Eat breakfast within a hour of waking up. When the body doesn't get food since the previous meal since the day before and after the night, it's been not getting any food during this time, when not eating breakfast, it thinks there's a food shortage and can stop sending out hunger / appetite signals, not feeling much hungry the whole day.

The body can begin to hold onto any food / energy it gets this way, lowering metabolism, burning fat less optimally, starting to use muscles as energy to ensure survival..

Protein is also used to repair muscles,.. so weight loss is more likely to come from body fat rather than muscles..

Enjoy reaching your goals. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

New to fitbit- set up on the 6th Feb, 

Loving it so far just could use a few more

friends on to compare and motivate to move more!!

If anyone fancies some friendly banter and challenges then 

drop me a request! Happy Fitbitting Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

Best Answer

thanks so much! you're so right about the food part, I am getting about 15,000 steps a day in just by working so the food part is where I am lacking. I'm going to make a change this week and hopefully watch the scale go down!

Best Answer

@redheadmermaid Welcome to our Fitbit Community! And Congratulations on your October Wedding!

Best thing to do is browse around. Losing weight is a challenge getting fit is priceless. I will send you a friend request and welcome you to join me and my Fitbit friends in our challenges. Your options for encouragement are endless here our community is very positive. Feel free to click the help link below for more information. Join FitForFood click on the link at the bottom of your dashboard and enjoy your journey. FYI I lost 17lbs from May to December last year thanks to #FitbitloveHeart

Dawn | USA Flex Charge HR Charge Surge Blaze Versa 2 Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

It helps to write down foods you're not allowed to eat and the scale will go down. I can name a few. McDonald's, Starbucks, Taco Bell, Subway, KFC, Gas Station Convenience Stores, Wendy's.

What does work is to prep foods you can find with a low calorie at places like Bob Evans. There's the BE Fit Breakfast (Eggs, wheat toast, fruit cup) and Fruit Salad, Veggie Salad. Some meal ideas you can find in a diet book like south beach diet or a workout program that supplies a nutrition book with a list of foods you are allowed to eat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also new to Fitbit, I just bought my Charge HR yesterday. I love the food calorie tracker and the sleep tracker. I can definitely see where I was miss-calculating my intake verses my burn. I want to lose the 50 lbs. that I have gained through different surgeries and injuries. I am hoping to be on the right track now. I love that the Fitbit has a watch. I think the only thing that would make it better is if I counted swim laps lol.

Best Answer

yep new too ...fig. things out quick ...and with that said ! any one wantto buy a green flex fitbit? 60.00

Best Answer
0 Votes