Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O​​​n​​​e h​​​u​​​n​​​d​​​e​​​r​​​d lb. c​​​h​​​a​​​l​​​l​​​e​​​n​​​g​​​e

ANSWERED

O​​​n​​​e h​​​u​​​n​​​d​​​e​​​r​​​d lb. c​​​h​​​a​​​l​​​l​​​e​​​n​​​g​​​e, Basically to lost that one whole extra person in weight we carrier around. On Fri the 13th received my Fathers Day gift. That would be the Fitbit wrist band I where all the time 24/7 as of June 13, 2014.

Moderator Edit: All-caps subject

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

I agree, except when we get 5 or 6 pages from these post,  Other see the flag and think...what did he do wrong and think badly of the flag person.  I just don't want that.  People always say he a great guy.  Maybe I shouldn't care, but always been my problem careen.  Careen has even got me in trouble in the past.

But I'll let it go as you say.

I walked one mile yesterday morning and Ran...and I mean really ran almost 4 mile yesterday afternoon.  Did 30 sit-ups.  I can't believe it.

I'm trying to catch up to Cyndilou E

Best Answer
I never seen a flagged person have you?
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aw I have in a prairies. lol

Gary

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now 72 hours with No soiled foods as of today.

No calories at all except once 40 calories and another day a sugar drink.

I think tomorrow I will start with Soup under 200 calories.

4 days of fasting not only got me out of my holding the same weight but gave me a great drop in weight and a psychological boost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now 92 hours with No soiled foods as of today.

No calories at all except once 40 calories and another day a sugar drink.

Today l start with Soup under 200 calories.

4 days of fasting not only got me out of my holding the same weight but gave me a great drop in weight and a psychological boost.

Gary

visible to everyone posted 1 hour ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stop fasting day 4 1/2 and stated eatting soup.

S800 cal a day now.

Then 4th of July no counting ...just eating and smashed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PolarBaer, I need to lose more than 100 pounds, too.

I noticed you set a goal to eat between 800 and 900 calories per day. My doctor said that would be dangerously low and suggested a minimum of about 1600 calories per day to start. Why did you choose the lower number, and have you had success or repercussions because of the choice?

Thanks,

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lew, the spread sheet is awesome. I'm betting that keeping track of the details is helping you toward your goal. Do you do this on your own, or is it part of the FitBit app? I have more than 100 pounds to lose, so I'm just starting on this journey and wondering how I will ever make it. Thanks. Linda

Best Answer

It's not a dumb question, Gary. If you don't know an answer, you need to ask a question. Flagging a post usually means you find it offensive in some way. The powers that be then evaluate the post to see whether there is something in it that violates site rules; if so, it can be removed (and so can the poster of inappropriate material!). The only reason to click on the flag is if you have been upset by someone's post for a specific reason. 🙂 Linda

Best Answer

@LMR5192 wrote:

Lew, the spread sheet is awesome. I'm betting that keeping track of the details is helping you toward your goal. Do you do this on your own, or is it part of the FitBit app? I have more than 100 pounds to lose, so I'm just starting on this journey and wondering how I will ever make it. Thanks. Linda

Linda,

Thanks for the "attaboy."  I started creating this Excel spread sheet waaaay back in 1996 for my first weight loss "campaign."  Over the years, I have had a series of attempts to lower my weight because I never incorporated proper eating (I felt like I could eat like a college sophomore) and continuous exercise.  Not to knock FitBit or TomTom or Jenny Craig/Nutrisystem/Weight Watcher, but yeah, I did do this on my own (with the help and understanding of my wonderful wife, Beth.) 

As for the daunting "100+ pounds to lose," I faced that back in Oct 2013 when my family doctor told me I had Type II Diabetes (I weighed over 300 pounds). If you don't have the "goad" I got from my doctor to drive you, get mad at yourself and say, "no more!"  You'll have to become a little OCD (like me) and psychotic to stick to a good nutrition plan, record it, and force yourself to do exercise regardless of the weather or any other excuse your brain might cook up.  After about 2-3 months, you'll be so inured to temptation that you'll just love seeing the downward trend in your weight metrics.  Just keep with it, keep your eyes on your ultimate goal.

After getting the "wonderful news" from my doc, I trotted out my spreadsheet from the last abortive time I tried it and forced myself to start losing weight to get to my goal.  Along the way I genned up my exercise spreadsheet to keep track of how I was progressing, but I was missing the calories burned and pulse information for each exercise (walking).  So, my kids got me a FitBit (Beth had seen it on Ellen back in Jan 2014 and mentioned it to them) for my birthday in Feb 2014.  I found it very hard to determine how many calories were burned and what distance I went in what time I did the exercise because FitBit is "always on."  So, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and got a TomTom GPS SportsWatch with Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) and along with FitBit was able to get all the info I needed to record each day's exercise.

Now, if you are drinker, smoker, or have a life altering illness (like cancer), I'd recommend talking to your doctor and overcoming those before trying to tackle something like this.  I don't think you can exercise if you can't breathe (smoking) or your liver is damaged (drinking).

Lew

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the mail/posting and I hope you can do as great as I have so far.

PolarBear
Best Answer

Will I have lost near 70 lbs. from fathers day when I received fit-bit as a gift. How great are you doing?

Best Answer

Congrats, PB!!!

Great accomplishment

Lew

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still here after all these years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So did you reach your goal or how much did you lose?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I started my plan Joined June 2014. I was 317 lbs. Today I am 258lbs.

I am starting a fasting the day after Christmas.

Plan on dropping 15 lbs by end of 2019.

Right now I am losing 3 lbs. every 4 days.

My new FitBit versa2 I’m sure it will make 243 lbs. by end of year.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats! You are doing awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am. I lost over 70 lbs. With less than 30 lbs togo.

Best Answer
0 Votes