Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 1st to February 14th 2020

Welcome to the first challenge of 2020! Here's looking forward to a great year!

USW - 218.0

Current starting weight - 207.2 (1/1/20)

LW - 207.6

CW - 207.2

GW - 202.00 (2/14/20)

Stretch goal weight - 200.0

Mini goal - 195.00

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

USW - 380 ish

Current starting weight -360 ish

Lowest W - 285

GW for challenge - 340

UGW - anything under 200

Here I go again. Joining the challenge and saying I'm going to commit to helping myself, and then failing. I know what's going on. So much stuff around me causing stress and not being careful about suppressing it with food. My sister has moved in with me and although that's great, I've neglected my responsibility of making some changes and eliminating some items to make room for her. I physically can't do it. As you can see from the numbers above, I'd lost almost 100 lb (so I know HOW to do it), but I've gained again and I feel helpless. I struggle with the easiest physical tasks. 

Making room for my sister and her belongings, the stress of the move, and then the holidays has become a guilt and burden that is driving my poor food choices. I KNOW this. Why is it hard to break the habit and get it under control? I am going to have to ask for help in getting her area better suited for her. How I hate to ask for help with anything!

Anyway, I'm at least posting in the new challenge. I have plans to go to the pool in the morning. I also have a few youtube videos to turn to in case the weather is bad and I can't get out. They get my heart rate up better than the pool does. 

Okay, I'm here. I tracked my food today. I need to make time to come here each day and check in with you guys.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_  We all struggle with the actual doing. I know how to manage my money but give in to fast food purchases and things I don't need. I know how to lose weight but give in to fast food purchases and pick up chips and dip while grocery shopping. I know I need to go to bed earlier but stay up on my devices way too late. 

All you can do is the now. Focus on the one thing you can do now that is better than the last time and then move on to the next now. 

You need to remember - you are important and worth it!

I'm right here with you!

Best Answer

My sister wanted to use my scale and it's got a trick to it so I went in to show her how to use it. Discovered I was a bit more than I thought I was, so that's the kick I need. I needed to shock and disappoint myself sufficiently to get back to basics and get on track. I'm tracking my food. No more excuses.

Best Answer

Starting the New year 14lbs down from my highest weight I think these challenges are really helping me stay accountable. I am going on a cruise this month so I'm not making my goal as high as what I would like. I think this is doable!!!

USW-200

SW-186

CW-186

PW-185.4

GW-180

MGW-175

UGW-150

Best Answer

I'm posting again! I am tracking my food and being careful. Went out for lunch but had salad and a small chili. I still have 1000 calories to eat today, so I'm great. I did a workout yesterday and even though I didn't work out today, I have laundry to haul and I did go out shopping, which means I got some steps. 

I'm not well. Physically, I think I have fibromyalgia, which is yet another neurological problem that runs in my family. I ache and cramp constantly. The excessive weight is NOT helping. Been having more seizures too. It all just stacks on top of one another. 

I can just take care of myself the best I can. I hope everyone is doing the same. Remember to drink your water and move your butt. I'll do the same.

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 

Who is SO EXCITED TO DO THIS? (Me, kinda!)

USW - 330; 290 as of June 2, 2019

Current starting weight - 235.9 (January 2, 2020)

CW - 237.5 (what the heck? I protest. I am writing a letter.)

GW - 230

Stretch goal weight - 220

Mini goal - 220

UGW - 190

DUDES I basically have lost no weight for two months. Not true. I have lost, like, five pounds. BUT STILL. When I weighed myself today I totally thought I'd be about 235, maybe even in the 234 range. But, alas. 237.5. WTF?

So... my goal for this challenge is just to get to 230 (which was my goal for the last challenge and here we are, ha!)

230 will be 100 pounds lost and I REALLY WANT THAT. So hashtag let's do this.

Are any of you on the instagram? If so I'd love to connect there, too (@theincredibleshrinkingkyla)

Good luck, everyone!

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ you got this! 2020 here we come!

Best Answer

Hi All --

I'm new to this, doing weight watchers, purple plan and hoping to increase my exercise --

SW 226.5

LW 194.5

CW 207.8

02/14/2020 W Goal 200

Doctors Lifetime 1st Goal for me 150

Final Goal 140

I know I can, I know I can just hoping for less detours to derail me -- I'm a stress eater

Off to walk by the ocean --- here until May --- I know I can, I know I can and so can you

Freddi

Best Answer

Okay, success so far! I'm actually surprised. Well, I know why and how but sometimes it just doesn't work. 

Since the start of the challenge I've lost 7 lbs. I haven't LOST any weight in a long time, so that's a plus. I haven't changed a whole lot. I just cut out the extras from the holidays and attempt to move more. I've been doing a simple exercise video on youtube for very obese people. I guess I've just revved up my metabolism enough to start the loss. 

I hope everyone is meeting success in this challenge!

Best Answer
Congrats

I’m doing the same which is why I switched to purple on wW

I’m toting for you

I know we can

Freddi

Please excuse any typos this iPhone message may contain.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

USW-200

SW-186

CW-186

PW-186

GW-180

MGW-175

UGW-150

I really thought my weight would have gone down this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - 218.0

Current starting weight - 207.2 (1/1/20)

LW - 207.2

CW - 205.2

GW - 202.00 (2/14/20)

Stretch goal weight - 200.0

Mini goal - 195.00

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

For cramps @_Lilac_  I use magnesium. Are your potassium and magnesium levels normal? I also stretch after walks and exercise. 

Glad that you are back and tacking food. 

Came back from Cruise from SF to Hawaii and back with Laryngitis and cough.  Good thing is when sick appetite is smaller. Sipping tea, lemon and a little honey. 

Didn't gain move than .4 of a lb on cruise because I was active and ate morning and evening only then danced. 

Best,

Barbara

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zootenany 

Me too, up and down. Didn't lose last time so gonna try again. We are going manage some loss this time. I have to eat fewer nuts late at night.  Also I have a goal of 8 hrs sleep so off to bed by 11 pm.  If I allow 9 hours I end up with 8 hrs due to sporadic waking up and bathroom visits. 

I have laryngitis and a cough now but managed to exercise a little today so I got in 3820 steps so far. 

Resting now.

SW 152.4

GW 145

UGW 142

We can make our reasonable goals since we have this group for support. 

We are warriors for health.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Cele21 

Glad that we are doing this again. Still struggling with the last 10 to 12 lbs. 

Thanks for starting up our supportive group again. 

We can do this and get healthier. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes
You so git this

Weigh in day is Thursday I can’t wait to hear his great you do

Freddi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You so rock

Weigh in day is Thursday

I know I can actually I know I have

Freddi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are fabulous

Weigh in is Thursday I know I can and I know you can

Freddi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

USW-200

SW-186

CW-183.2

PW-186

GW-180

MGW-175

UGW-150

Yay!! Getting back on track now. I'm hoping to get to my goal before my cruise in a couple weeks that way if I gain I have time to lose it before Feb 14th.

Best Answer
0 Votes