Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 1st to February 14th 2020

Welcome to the first challenge of 2020! Here's looking forward to a great year!

USW - 218.0

Current starting weight - 207.2 (1/1/20)

LW - 207.6

CW - 207.2

GW - 202.00 (2/14/20)

Stretch goal weight - 200.0

Mini goal - 195.00

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
Hi There --

You so rock --

Keep going -- I know you can and the cruise is a fantastic goal, you got this ---

Have a day filled with opportunities ---

Freddi

"Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound."

[cid:b3cf82fd-116d-4b48-bb02-04fb95fc9178]
Best Answer

Regarding my muscle cramps: Not sure about my magnesium and potassium levels. I've had issues with my potassium before. It got leeched so bad with my weight loss that I passed out and was rushed to the hospital. I am eating bananas, squash, potatoes with peelings, but it's still happening. I don't like taking supplements since I should be able to get the amount from my food if I'm eating right. Maybe some of my meds are the culprit. I haven't moved enough the last few days. I need to get more exercise. It's been snowing a lot so I'm in the house (no excuse because I have perfectly great exercise videos to do) but I've felt blah. I'm taking a self-care day, so I'm going to do a workout and get other things done like a skin treatment. I'm so dry! 

I hope everyone is doing great with their plan!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You got this --

Your physician knows what's best for those leg cramps and for the eating piece --

What diet/plan/fast/feast options are you following --

Weigh in tomorrow - I'll update on Fitbit --

Hugs -- you can do this -- you can you can you can --

​Freddi
"Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal, and not wound."

[cid:49136d22-5e70-4876-b44d-2786101c3cbd]
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read your message.....I know the feeling.

I'm currently 257.  I was 187 when I met my husband  10 years ago.  During this time, I lost, I gained, I got sick and got down to 150.  Then due to medication and medical, right back up.

My goal is to get back to the 187.  Im on my own.  My husband can EASILY drop weight.  Me, not so much. 

So I will be back to see how you are doing!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there

You got this

I am doing weight watchers WW and also charting on Fitbit

I found I’m eating around 1200 calories per day and now that I’m actually doing it I’m losing weight

I get bored I am a stress eater but if I don’t do it I’m only hurting myself

I can do it and so can you

We are in this together

I’ll post some menus

Hugs

Freddi

Please excuse any typos this iPhone message may contain.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I decided on Sunday to change my eating habits and go back to the Fitbit.

So I started first thing on Monday to watch what I eat. I cut out ALL
sugar, bread & pasta and ate only 1100 calories or less. I also started
cardio by riding the exercise bike 30 mins using a free app I found.

This is day 4....way too early for a change BUT I feel like there is.

I'm going to stay with it and stay away from the scale for at least another
week. Will let you know how it goes!

LW10
Best Answer

I don't follow a plan, not a commercially driven plan, anyway. I eat more veggies, eat no more than one bread at one time, try to fill in my starchy carbs with squash or some other healthy option, eat off a lunch plate rather than a dinner plate to help control portions. I drink water, but I have coffee and tea also. Exercise is key for me since that's how I burn calories.

I'm a big person. When you're big, your engine burns a LOT...like a tractor trailer or jumbo jet burns fuel. You need more fuel when you exercise or you'll run out and crash. Fitbit has a good way of tracking what you need and how much you're burning and how much deficit you should have for loss. 

I don't restrict my calorie intake drastically. It just sets me up for failure and rebounding weight. 

Anyway, 9lb down so far this challenge. I'm excited. It's been a while of not being conscious of what I'm doing, but now that I am taking the time, it's helping. 

Best Answer
You are fabulous --- nine pounds --- wow ---

I weighed in -- down 2 pounds --

We can we can we can --

Freddi

[cid:1060afaf-6e25-435d-90c6-294a2af39c90]
Best Answer
You so rock ---

Weighed in today, 2 pounds down --
Just got email from one our folks - 9 pounds so far

We can, we can, we will --

Freddi

[cid:4892498d-0655-4d67-a371-d5953034790f]
Best Answer

Sorry I'm new to some of the acronyms being used --

LW - ?

UGW - ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Freddi  Freddi,  I don't know anything really either but my guess is lowest weight, ultimate goal weight

Best Answer

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

Best Answer

@Glenda @Freddi  The person who starts the challenge usually includes this chart. I think @Cele21  simply forgot it this time because she'd done it on the last one. I hope this clears it up for everyone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lilac thank you

Hazel M. Miller, LPN, CPC-I, CPC, CPC-P, COC, CPMA, AAPC Fellow, AAPC Expert ICD-10 Trainer

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry, I was in a rush to start this challenge as I was low on time and totally forgot the introduction which explains the whole thing. See it here:

We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, etc. please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

If you want to respond to or 'tag' a particular person with your response, type in @ and you will get a drop down box of recent users to choose from, this will alert them that someone has responded to something they posted and we will all see who you are talking to or about. For example: @_Lilac_  thanks for stepping in with the acronyms when I dropped the ball LOL!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer

@lw10 welcome and way to go! Day five today! 

I have been out of commission for the last, oh, nine days - absolutely brutal case of bronchitis. I am back at work but haven't exercised in a loooong (well, 11 days) time. I hope I can get in a small bike ride this weekend and be back to boot camp on Monday. That also means I haven't weighed myself (weigh myself at the gym and obvs haven't been there!) but let's assume all that lying on the couch, drinking NyQuil, and eating M&Ms has not really, like, helped.

I will weigh-in on Monday though and keep you all posted.

I hope you're all having a great week! Happy weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear from you and glad you are feeling better! That bronchitis is no joke. I had it for over a week. Going to the doctor is what prompted me to get back to my Fitbit.

And doing so not only has me back on the exercise bike, but I'm back to using my Wii fit. It's been YEARS since I have touched it (mainly medical reasons). But I'm glad I'm back on it.

Since I have made changes since having bronchitis, my Wii scale has me down 10 pounds! Motivation to keep moving.

I think we can be motivators for each other. You sound like you are doing a great job.

I
KEEP IT UP!

LW10
Best Answer
Lw10

Wow ten pounds

You so rock

Congrats

Freddi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi zootanany

Hoping you are feeling better

Can’t wait to hear on Monday how you did

One week doesn’t define us

Do you best, you got this

You can, you can, you will

Freddi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@_Lilac_ 

Awesome Lilac you are back on track like before. 9 lbs of useless fat burned up!!! 

I have a terrible cold and cough so I only exercised 2 days this week.  I am sitting a lot and not eating much. Lots of tea, lemon and a bit of honey most days. I eat at least one meal a day right now and a couple healthy snacks like yogurt with blueberries or protein bar.  Probably loosing some muscle but hopefully next week I will be back to exercising. 

We can do this since we did it a year or so ago.

Stay strong,

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes