Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCOS and the weight struggle

Wondering if any other ladies here have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and what they are doing for themselves to help in the weightloss. There must be some on here since 1 in 10 women have it, and 85% of that 10% are overweight.

For those of you who do not know and are wondering...PCOS is more than just an ovary issue, in fact it is a horrible name, and many professionals are trying to re-name it.  It is an endrocrine system disorder, affecting all hormones...insulin included.  Many of us have Insulin Resistance, making it SO easy to pack on the pounds, and so hard to reset our system and start taking them off.

Personally, I just found out at 48 yrs old, but my doctor suggested I have probably had it since I was in my early 20's, if not sooner. And I am now on a Low Amylose and going to the gym several times a week, and weight is finally coming off!

Would love to link up others like me!

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Congrats on the weight loss progress!

Diet and exercise tailored specifically for PCOS can also help!  There's also PCOS supplements that are safe like NAC and myo inositol. I recently read this guide on weight loss diet and exercise for PCOS, and it's been super helpful/has a ton of information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have PCOS. I was told in the teens that I had this.  I am also over weight and only really mange to keep my weight stable, not going up or down.  

For me exercise does not affect my weight (apparently according to doctors I am really fit so more exercise won't help)  The only thing I can really do is to watch what I eat making sure I don't eat more then I need to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a larger group of ladies on myfitnesspal boards that have PCOS. We've had the most success going low carb or keto to control it plus lose weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes