Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCOS ladies

Hey Ladies! I have PCOS and I'm looking to connect with other PCOS ladies!

I currently weight 245lbs and I'm 5'3"

I was 135lbs October 2011 (2 years and a 110lbs weight Gain.) 

I'm working to get back to my starting weight of 135lbs.

I have Ovarian cysts, Breast Cysts, Rapid Weight Gain, Little bit of hair growth (tiny bits on my chest and on my chin. Not noticible but it is to me.), Mood Swings, Constipation, and extreme hormone fluxuations. 

I'd love to hear your story!

Add me! 

http://www.fitbit.com/user/29J6GG

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Hey Everyone! I am new to fitbit and looking for some friends to help keep me motivated and possibly do some challenges with! Ive had my Charge HR for about 2 weeks and am loving it so much!

I found out I had PCOS roughly year ago and made quite a few lifestyle changes! When i was diagnosed and at the heaviest I have ever been I was 260 and am now down to 224-226! Slow progress is better than no progress! Right now my weight is bouncing around like crazy but I am loosing inches and building musle mass and that part is exciting!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me- I am at 260 right now with a recent PCOS diagnosis. Looking for support also!

Best Answer

Same struggle here. I started the Paleo diet back in Feb/March 2015 and have lost 30-35 lbs. I have a lot to loose, but it's a start.

Best Answer
I have recently started Trim Healthy Mama and am in love! ♡♡
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrainey wrote:
I have recently started Trim Healthy Mama and am in love! ♡♡

I may have to give this a look. I thought Paleo was going to be really hard, I love wheat and sugar. But, so far I've done really well. I gave myself some room to "cheat" during the holidays, but I really didn't stray too much. Which really surprised me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) Is probably the best way (at least I think) to lose any extra weight. Google it and check it out!

I have had PCOS for 4 years now and definatiliy had some awesome ups and horrible downs, but have found that the more I get to the gym and eat healthier, the better I feel...and I mean ALOT better!

When I made the decision to get the Mirena IUD (I have also tried maybe 5 forms of BC and this has been the BEST, questions? ask!) I told my doctor that I am pretty much bound to work out and stay healthy because every time I ate like **ahem** and gained weight my symptoms were WAY worse. And just like every other woman in the world I enjoy chocolate, wine, and greasy food! WIth IIFYM I can enjoy all the good things in life, while making healhty decisions and lose weight!

The FitBit kinda works like IIFYM as well so it makes IIFYM that much easier. Usually IIFYM has you set Protein, fat and carb goals, but as long as you eat enough protein it really doesnt matter how the rest is split up. Some days when I want a **ahem** donut I will consume more fat where some days my carbs are higher.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was diagnosed with pcos about 1.5 years ago. My biggest complaint is the hormones that make ya feel crazy! I hear exercising helps with that though!

I lost 30-35lbs in 6 months, then gained about 12 lbs back over the holidays. I also have celiacs which doesnt help my pcos symptoms at all. I love challenges and winning 😜 so I need some friends to help challenge and motivate me! Because I have been slacking but ready to kick things up a notch!

Add me!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

If this group is still a thing, I'd like to be added! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 16 years old and I'd love to hear more from others on how to incorporate PCOS management more effectively, because I don't' know anyone else who deals with this!

Best Answer