Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENPHO Scale

So I just bought the RENPHO Scale that syncs with Fitbit. I was going to buy the Fitbit scale but from the reviews and cost I went with  RENPHO Scale. Anyone have any good things to say about it?

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

I am still very happy with my Renfro scale, with 2 minor issues.  It seems it is no longer syncing with MFP, which I no big deal....I just enter my weight there manually.  Also, yesterday and today I had to weigh twice to get it to register on the app, plus it has not been giving me the sound indicating weight loss, weight gain or maintain.  I wonder if it's time to change the battery?  I'm still using the original that came with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually never knew the scale linked to MFP. I thought that was FitBit app itself. I don’t get the sound for weight loss, gain, or maintenance 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I'm wrong about it syncing to MFP, I'll have to check again.  I thought it did.

In order to get the sounds you go into your app and select the sound you want for loss, gain or maintenance, similar to how you select your cell phone ring tone.  Maybe you just didn't set them.  Also, I need to check mine.  Maybe they reset somehow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok thank you. Will check and see if I can set up the sound on mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning I got weighed.  This evening when I logged into MFP today's weight was on there.  I read somewhere that the scale syncs with Fitbit, and Fitbit syncs it to MFP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I did the same, currently loving the RENPHO scale as it gives so much information about your body and also links with the fitbit app

Best Answer

The only issue I have with my new RENPHO scales is that Fitbit registers 0.1lb less than the scale - a tiny thing but annoying given that in all instances of weight loss the increments are 0.2lb.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes the app chimes when I'm done weighing myself. Sometimes it doesn't. My wife says it chimes when some positive threshold is reached. But there's no real indication of that. Does anyone know why it chimes sometimes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can set the threshhold for weight gain and loss and the tune:

- My Account

- Settings

- Measurement Sounds

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My assumption was this indicates weight loss (assuming that is your goal).
Best Answer
0 Votes

The scale plays a tune when

- the weight gain is 1 lb over the previous value and when

- the weight loss is 1 lb below the prevous value and when

- the weight is within 1 lb of the previous value

Each tune you can choose in

- My Account

- Settings

- Measurement Sounds

You can choose a happy tune when your weight is within 1 lb, an alerting tune if the weight gain is more than 1 lb and a neutral tune if the weight loss is more than 1 lb ..... or what you prefer - there are 10 tunes to choose from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the RENPHO bluethooth scales since October 2019 and they are excellent, haven't even changed the batteries 👍

Three months ago I purchased the Smart auto RENPHO Bluetooth Measuring Tapes for Body Measuring, Weight Loss, Muscle Gain, Fitness Bodybuilding, Retractable, Body Part Circumferences Measurements and that is my new toy 😀

Best Answer

To use  RENPHO Scale, I must install  RENPHO app to sync data?  or I can use Fitbit app to sync data without  RENPHO Scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean:   I can use Fitbit app to sync data without  RENPHO app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure I understand the question.  You must use the Renpho App with the scale or you will not get any information other than weight.  Also, if you sync the scale app to your Fitbit app your weight will show on the Fitbit app, but you don't have to do this if you don't want to.  

Also, if you use MFP it can be synced to Fitbit which will also sync it to the scale.

Best Answer
You need to use both, the Renpho App links to your Fitbit App.

So you weigh yourself with the Renpho App and the information appears in
Fitbit 🙂
Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know. 

I already have fitbit device and install fitbit app on my phone.

I really do not want to install another similar app on my phone.

If fitbit scale has the similar price like renpho scale, I will buy fitbit scale.  For now, it's almost double the price.

Best Answer

I see that Renpho full body smart scales are on Amazon for £16.99. If you get them make sure they have the four silver contact oval or circles so you do all the 12 matricesalso comes in black :-)also comes in black 🙂 and not just weight 🙂 See image 🙂

Best Answer

Cannot sync the Fat % anymore. The first 2 or 3 times mine synced both the weight AND the Fat % just fine. Now though, it only syncs the weight. The fat % field now appears as blank "-" and it cannot be edited at all. Tried re-connecting the accounts to no avail. Anybody having this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes