Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales

ANSWERED

I bought scales from my Chemist because I need to weigh my Mum, who is in heart failure.  I stepped on them myself and that was my wake up call. 

The scales seem accurate for Mum, but not so much for me.

I weigh myself at a similar time, wearing exactly the same clothes and shoes,  and I do three weighting’s. Often I get three different numbers in a row, often a kilo off. .  I then try again until I get the same reading three times. 🤔

I have, out of interest, weighed my shoes, and each time I get 500gm.  Yet, when I weigh myself without the shoes, the weight doesn’t change from having shoes on.

They weren’t expensive scale, so I’m wondering if I should invest in a higher quality set?   

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@TraceSPN  I have a scale like yours.  It is my favorite though because I weigh more on others, LOL  On mine I can't weigh twice without some period of time in between or   the weight will not change.    Maybe if you wait a while in between, yours will weigh differently the next time when you have added something.    

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@TraceSPN  I have a scale like yours.  It is my favorite though because I weigh more on others, LOL  On mine I can't weigh twice without some period of time in between or   the weight will not change.    Maybe if you wait a while in between, yours will weigh differently the next time when you have added something.    

Best Answer