Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 3rd to October 31st 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
67 REPLIES 67

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

7thCSW - 212.4 (1/1/18) Seventh Challenge Starting Weight

8thCSW - 210.2 (2/14/18) Eighth Challenge Starting Weight

9thCSW - 212.2 (4/1/18) 9th Challenge Starting Weight

10thCSW - 207.6 (7/4/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW (9/3/18) - 205.6

LW - 

CW - 205.6

GW - 200.0 (10/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

I'm in. Wow. 10 pounds gained while in the hospital for 2.5 weeks. I'm home and getting back to 'normal'. I've taken a pound off this week. I'll post my stats. I've been moving but getting 5000-7500 steps per day. Not workouts or 10,000 steps, so I have to step it up. 

USW - 380

SW - 307

CW - 307

PW - 308

GW - 300

UGW- anything under 200

I got to 285 last year, hit a plateau for AGES and now it's been sneaking up until the hospital stay when I put on 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I'm motivated to get it off again!!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

I am in!!  I need some accountability!

USW - Ultimate start weight -- 261.5 (Jan 1 2013)

SW - starting weight for the challenge (194.9)

GW - goal weight for the challenge -- 186

MGW - mini goal weight -- to get back to into the 180's --1 pound a week!!

UGW- ultimate goal weight --  164

I was so good at keeping my weight in the 180's (for 3+ years) and then last fall it creep up into the 190's and I just can't seem to get back on track... found my willpower again (yes it was hiding behind the couch!) so I am going to succeed this time!!

Best Answer

I think my original Flex died early this morning. Last sync 12:18 am at full battery. No lights, no steps. It's four and half years old. Going to put it on the charger when I get home and see if I can re-set it but I've got a feeling it's gone. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Flex is still alive - just had a dead battery even though I received no low battery notification. So glad I don't have to buy a replacement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I won't be weighing in this weekend - I might get a chance Monday or Tuesday.

Have a glorious weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for starting this. I've been searching for a group like this. I'm also from Australia so we measure in Kilograms and our dates are backwards! I will adopt your date format (I will just look at it cross-eyed) and put both the kilo's and pounds in.

SW 09/11/18 - 90.2kg (199)

GW 10/31/18 - 86kg (190)

UGW 08/31/19 - 70kg (155)

I'm really eager for interaction during this challenge so will be a keen reader of any posts!

Best Answer

@Shellaree - Thanks for making it easier for us LOL! I'm horrible at kilo's but can do pretty good with the dates though sometimes it still throws me. I deal with them occasionally at work and it's like "Wait, does 6/9/18 mean June 9th or September 6th? Are they looking for something past due or is this new?"

Welcome to you and @Elansc ! Looking forward to learning more about both of you.

@_Lilac_ - how you doing? How did the significant other visits go for your children?

Best Answer

Hey everyone, I am looking for buddies or friends, so please add me if you wish. This is my first post!

My Ultimate start weight:311

My starting weight for the challenge:297

My mini weight goal: 295

My ultimate weight Goal 265 

Best Answer

CSW (9/3/18) - 205.6

LW - 205.6

CW - 204.0

GW - 200.0 (10/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Hoping to hit 200 by the end of September, then I can re-adjust my challenge goal.

Welcome @stevens4ever! Feel free to chat whenever! I'll friend request you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cele21  I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking. I haven't posted in a while so I guess I'll blab a little.

My son and his gf visited but I had to go into the hospital for further testing halfway through their visit. My daughter's bf arrived and I was able to come home to meet him before he left. I'm very pleased with my children's choices. Moms have to approve, right?

I've been attempting to get myself back on a strict track but the world doesn't seem to be cooperating with me all the time. In order to earn money I need to be on my butt the majority of my time, but I'm making efforts to walk.

Speaking of which, my city had an Art Walk today. Local businesses hung up artists' works and you had a form that each shop would stamp as you went to visit. It's basically a scattered art exhibit and advertisement for the businesses. I easily reached my 10,000 steps doing that. I intended to come home and do a painting of fishing boats, but my room was messy and cluttered and I can't do anything when it's like that. In other words, I procrastinated until it was too late. I'll work on the painting tomorrow. I did get the room cleaned up, however.

I got a call tonight from a half-sister saying our father died today. I'll give you some background. I don't know most of my siblings. My father had about 17 children in all. The pattern went like this ... 1 kid with a woman,10 kids with one woman, 4 kids with another, 2 with another. There might be more. He was never responsible for any of them. I was raised with two sisters by our single mom. So, tonight I get this call from one of the sisters from the 10-pack. It's weird because we always believed that family was bitter and angry with US because no one reached out before. It's a shame that it takes his death to bring us together, but we have plans to meet. It will be interesting to find out our similarities and differences. I hadn't seen my father in 23 years, at which time he showed me photos of his nice big house and all the trips he'd taken over his life. Uh-huh. Such a nice fellah. 

Anyway, I'll do a weigh in tomorrow and smack myself around a bit to get in the groove. Something has to change. I need to change my routine, I think. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow Lilac - that is a big week. It is difficult to stay on track when you have life in chaos going on around you! I'm a stress eater so I'm impressed that you didn't have to admit to sitting down to several slices of cake bought on the way home.....which is obviously my weakness.

I hope that things are going OK for you. And remember - walking is good for your mental health as well so great when going through more stress than usual.

Thinking of you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ Sorry (?) to hear about your dad - he sounds......well, .... he's your dad. Hope the half sibs turn out to be better. 

I'm sure you are going to get back in the groove (new groove?) soon. You are definitely a fighter.

Keep us updated on the journey.

Life is a trip and we might as well enjoy the highlights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

boats.jpg

My boats. The cat chewed the corner of the canvas and tried to get involved by dipping his paw in the paintbrush water. What a character. 

Best Answer

Hi Stevens! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad you got some painting time and did something that is all about you! They are a lovely little line up of boats. A very calming image. Looking forward to more paintings from you during the challenge! 

I'm a cat lover too. I have 2 rescue cats that live with my 19yo son at my house 2 hours away from where I work. I get to see them on my trips home and just spent the weekend there so lots of cat cuddles.....and ignoring me at their leisure. I'd also like to blame my trip home on the fact I only lost 100g (0.3 pound) this week!

SW 09/11/18 - 90.2kg (199)

CW 18/9/18 - 90.1kg (198.64 - gotta record every little loss!)

GW 10/31/18 - 86kg (190)

UGW 08/31/19 - 70kg (155)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!! I really hope this keeps me motivated and accountable. To be honest, during the week I am killing it with healthy food choices and meeting my 10,000 steps, but come the weekend I just lose control due to eating out, drinking, and irregular eating times (so like M-Th I eat from 6:30 am -6:30 pm and come Friday night to 6:30 am/ 11 am-midnight or later)

USW - Ultimate start weight... So I started at 237

SW - starting weight for the challenge... Starting this at 227.6 (so in total I've lost 14.1 lbs over 9 months)

CW - current weight ..... Current weight is 227.6

PW - previous week's weight... Last week I was at 223.6   (the lowest I have been in a long time)

LW - last weight/weigh-in.... Last I checked I was at 227.7

GW - goal weight for the challenge... I really hope to be at or under 215... Ideally 210 lbs

MGW - mini goal weight.... to get under 220!!!

UGW- ultimate goal weight... in general anywhere in the 175-185 lbs

Best Answer

Hello all! I'm new here!

USW - 189 (Started my fitness/diet journey on 8/27/2018)

SW - 185 (as of 9/3/18)

CW - 177.6lbs

PW - 182.4lbs

LW - 177.6lbs

GW - 170lbs

MGW - under 160's

UGW- 140lbs, got a ways to go!

So super excited to have all the accountability I can get!

Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

@stevens4ever wrote:

Hey everyone, I lost a lb since last week. I been having difficulties on munchies. 

My Ultimate start weight:311

My starting weight for the challenge:293.2

My mini weight goal: 291

My ultimate weight Goal 265 

Best Answer